1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Day Moisturizers for skin

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Sajid Mahmood, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Administrator

Hi,

Does anyone know any good natural daytime moisturizers for face, that doesn’t block any UVA/UVB?

Tend to get a lot of dry flaky skin on face.

Does anyone know if Aloe Vera is okay?
    Does Aloe Vera block UVA/UVB?

Would it be a bad idea to apply a natural moisturizer during the day?

Thank You

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

coconut oil.

3. Sajid Mahmood

Coconut oil I think blocks UVA/UVB onto skin. Have read somewhere it’s a natural sunscreen and has a SPF of 6. Looking for a good natural moisturizer that doesn’t block any UVA/UVB.

Aloe Vera I think would be good. Not sure but I think it allows all the UV rays to get through. Don't like the idea of anything that blocks UVA/UVB onto skin

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    Antonis likes this.
  4. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Be careful, as we know melanopsin is in the skin now.

Sajid Mahmood likes this.
  5. Sajid Mahmood

Thanks @Antonis! That’s true! If that’s the case then would it be a bad idea to put on Aloe Vera during the day? Thanks

Don’t think Aloe Vera blocks UVA/UVB, but perhaps it still maybe a bad idea to put anything on skin because of melanopsin in the skin.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  6. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

I would personally use the sun and CT..

Sajid Mahmood likes this.
  7. Sajid Mahmood

Thanks @Antonis!

Antonis likes this.