1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dawn's journal part 1

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Dawn Gurmu, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Dawn Gurmu

Dawn Gurmu New Member

Diagnosis so far:

* most recently I was in a car accident November 30, 2016 and that really elevated my neck and back pain.

*starting around 25 years old after I had my first child for the past 13years some of the following symptoms stated gradually increasing in intensity and other symptoms started being added to the “list”. Fibromyalgia, CFS, hypothyroidism, adrenal fatigue, (not sure if it's hashimoto's or lyme also) allergies to gluten yeast tuna, herniated disks, degenerative disk disease, osteoarthritis in back, candida systemic infection (has improved some with two years of diflucan), leaky gut. Looking into lyme since about 9 years ago I found a tick burrowed for 3 days in my left abdomen.

Always thirsty, cannot hold water

Head, Face, Neck: • Unexplained hair loss • Headache, mild or severe especially in my temples causes my eyes to water and headache so bad I can't even think • Twitching muscles • Stiff or painful neck, creaks and cracks • Jaw pain or stiffness • Sore throat Eyes/ Vision: • Double or blurry vision • trouble seeing at night with bright lights• trouble seeing in the sun eyes water badly and get headaches Pain in eyes, • Oversensitivity to light • Flashing lights • Ears/Hearing • Pressure in my ears, oversensitivity to sound • Ringing in one or both ears Digestive and Excretory Systems: • Diarrhea • Constipation • Irritable bladder (frequent urination) • Musculoskeletal System: • herniated disks, osteoarthritis in back, entire back subluxations and misalignment, trouble typing or writing due to pain and immediate cramping in neck, right arm and hand numb and tingling, weakness especially in right, trouble lifting my arms above my head especially any activing in upper right quadrant of back, neck right arm right rib cage, joint pain or swelling • Stiffness of joints, back, neck • Muscle pain or cramps • rib soreness Neurological System: • Burning or stabbing sensations in the body • Weakness • Pressure in the head • Numbness in body, tingling, pinpricks • Poor balance, dizziness, difficulty walking • Increased motion sickness • Lightheadedness, wooziness Psychological Well-being: • Mood swings, irritability • depression/frustration • Feeling as if I’m losing my mind • insomnia • Difficulty falling or staying asleep Mental Capacity: • Memory loss (short or long term) • Confusion, difficulty in thinking • Difficulty with concentration or reading • forgetting what I just read or just said • Reproduction and Sexuality: • Loss of sex drive • Sexual dysfunction • Unexplained menstrual pain, irregularity • PMDD• Pelvic pain General Well Being: • Unexplained weight gain • Extreme fatigue • Swollen glands• Continual infections (candida, skin problems, allergies increasing) • Symptoms seem to be constant but intensity changes • Pain migrates (moves) to different body parts with some areas that are always constant (ribs, neck, back, right arm and shoulder, legs, headaches) •labs show suppressed immune system
    Severe post exertion/exercise malaise
    CANNOT SLEEP, wake up like in the morning and feel like it's the middle of the night....awake and tossing and turning all night.
    I do not do well in the heat at all.
    past tests: all low neurotransmitters including dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin, epinephrine all low hormones pregnenalone undetectable thyroid was at life threatening levels, adrenal fatigue

co-infections: as of August 2,2017

CMV (Ab) IgG 2.0 very high
    EBV VCA/EA AB, IgG 290.0 very high
    HHV 6 IgG Antibodies 13.15 quite high
    Mycoplasma pneumonia, IgG Ab 140 high
    (many more tests available)

Serious Candida infection started around 20 years old due to antibiotics I did not understand the leaky gut connection then but I believe that’s where many problems started. I was treated at 35 years old for two years for my gut and candida for the first time and lost 40 lbs very quickly with no effort.
    Had my first child at 25 and that’s when everything went downhill. 2nd child at 29 and gained 38 lbs and couldn’t lose the weight after that. 3rd child at 34 and had a horrible pregnancy with an auto immune rash the entire time that the doctors couldn’t figure out extreme pain and itching.
    I moved to Baltimore MD around 24 years old from upstate NY where I was born to a family of 2nd generation Dutch immigrants. I have lived in the same neighborhood now since my first child was born at age 25 but moved From a townhome to a single family two years ago(same neighborhood) I am now seeing many cell towers everywhere, I live 3 miles from the inner harbor, and 7.5 miles from BWI airport.

Looking into our smart meter but yes we have one I believe it’s inside in the basement.

My grandmother had lymphoma around 55 years old and after chemo it went into remission but her body suffered from the chemo. She died 13 years later but from leukemia due to the chemo not from the cancer. My mom seems ok but has struggled with weight. She does not share her health status much. They both lived in upstate NY their whole life. I lived there until I was 23 and then moved to Baltimore,MD.

I grew up on a farm my first 10 years and then spent time in the dirt for the next 5 years on construction sites until I was 15 with my Dad’s business after he left farming. I grew up in nature and was always outdoors year round and was a student and college athlete. ( MVP) field hockey.

Just found out about Dr. Kruse and immediately signed up. Heard Vermont 16 and 17 ready to get 18. Ordered Epi-paleo RX and started reading it. Listening to his talks and webinars constantly trying to catch up... take breaks because I do get the headaches and struggle to retain the details but I have started seeing the sunrise and sunset everyday, getting out in the sun more, adding seafood daily to my diet, using red light on my phone, ordered the ra optics, limiting artificial light especially after sunset and using candles. I have also located a natural spring and will start getting water from there. Just ordered the carboy jugs to hold the water. I have been drinking filtered city tap water. I always drink alot of water but always feel thirsty.

I am currently unable to work full time due to my health but am a full time mom of 3 kids age 13,9,and 5. I was a student and had to take a break due to health but I do manage our rental property and a 4 rentals for a client very part time.

Will add more updates...
    5/10 started with chiropractor Dr. Roeder first adjustment today went over x-ray fluoroscopy and nerve scans. Entire cervial region red hot end of the spectrum and everything below is cold blue... all nerves in entire spine interference and many herniations, subluxations, and degenerative disks and arthritis and bone spurs.
    -interesting he found in my atlas vertebra a ligament that was fully calcified and should not be. Suggested it was from birth already.
    5/7 second adjustment with Dr. Roeder. Already seeing improvement in my nerve scan. For the first time in chiropractic care I feel the adjustment holding from the first adjustment.
    5/7 scchedwd and apt with Dr. Greg Lee in Maryland for Lyme and other co-infections
    5/9 have an appointment with Dr. Sherri-Wolfe MD at university of Maryland Lyme program

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

give Dr. k. your Mom's and gran's health history....

Where do you live? work?

nnEMF? cell towers? radar? airports? naval base? smart meters? 5G?????

What are you eating? seafood?

what water are you drinking?

Do you see the sunrise everyday? sunsets?

Have you watched Jack's 3 Nourish Vermont talks? all his podcasts?

What else changed when you were 25?

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Welcome.
    Complicated situation, consult with dr Kruse may help.

4. Dawn Gurmu

Dawn Gurmu New Member

Thank your for your input. I want to get a consult and most likely ongoing help from Dr. Kruse:) I did put in an inquiry for that.

I have been trying to compile and figure out the labs Dr. K suggests to get a baseline of where I am before really getting into his protocols ( I haven’t started CT yet but have been implementing the seafood and sun cycle as mentioned above) to get a good starting point. I have an appointment next week with a doctor hopefully they will order the labs.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    caroline likes this.
  5. Novah

Novah New Member

Dawn, this sounds eerily similar to my journey/symptom picture.

Exact same age too, at 25 ish and an ex high end athlete in post grad studies that I had to withdraw from. Healthy, outdoor active kid as well. Now 15 years later.

I was diagnosed with Lyme 3 years later, at 28 y/o, by 3 different docs (lol had to be sure!).

I declined antibiotics as it was chronic by then and went the natural route which got me out of the ditch and about 70% better but not to the finish line (in large part due to my extreme sensitivity and "backward reactions" to a lot of stuff that likely would have been helpful). I'm now using a lot of Jack's principles to see if I can kick the rest of it.

I had so many of the symptoms you do. I completely relate to what you're going through and my heart goes out to you because I know how hard, scary and frustrating it is.

I am of the opinion that chronic Lyme is a bit of a umbrella diagnosis and honestly if it was me, wouldn't bother seeking out a diagnosis; it's similar to a fibro diagnosis, fine to have a label but then what...

I have so many questions for you, but I’ll keep this short and post them below later...

drezy likes this.
  6. Dawn Gurmu

Dawn Gurmu New Member

Thanks for the reply! I agree about Lyme being kind of an umbrella similar to fibromyalgia. The goal is to rid myself of all “labels” and truly heal so I thought I might dig a little deeper with Lyme simply to see if I need to change up my offensive ( or defensive) plan to really heal. Did you have any Lyme treatment suggestions or doctors/tests you found helpful? That’s awesome that you made such an improvement. I’m searching for the root cause. I do believe Jacks’s RX’s may be a large solution. I don’t relish in a label but rather use it as a tool to know what I’m up against to make a plan to heal. Thanks for your reply.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Those labels ie; Lyme or fibromyalgia or number of other similar labels
    often
    when you start testing
    you find out that you have high DHA, EPA and low AA.

That always throws me for a loop.

Other than the three above, other fatty acids are usually also out of range, but I highlight the three because when thinking about those is hard to use @Jack Kruse (standard) advice of eating seafood.

So far I was not able to figure out clean answer to that.

If interested if you are in this category, do this test:
    And I mean this test not something similar.

Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4