1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

D'Adamo's Blood Type Testing and Diet

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Martin, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Martin

Martin Gold

One of my docs in the past wanted me to get tested for my blood type and then base a diet on the results. Dw and I then had a dark field microscopy test. Much to our surprise, my blood cells were happily floating and bumping and freely moving about while DW's were all clump-assed together. He suggested that we follow The Blood Type Diet and offered up this book on the subject.

I complied, read Peter D'Adamo's book and changed some foods. No coconut!

No help. Moved on.

I ran across a review on the Weston Price site that really confirmed changing my mind back to traditional foods, and, not to eliminate nor add things based on D'Adamo's "theories". I went on to eat more and more traditional foods according to Price and others.

One guy, one book, one theory. I learned that what works in vitro doesn't always equate to what works in vivo.

Big lesson.

http://www.westonaprice.org/thumbs-down-reviews/eat-right-4-your-type

Lots of interesting examinations of D'Adamo's flawed theories in the above link.

2. janagram

janagram New Member

As an O, I learned I needed meat and lots of it....really helped me since I had been a vegetarian for decades....(!) But I allowed as how I could probably eat coconut oil and be fine...and have now embraced epi-paleo.

3. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I remember Dr. K saying that he doesn't believe in the blood type diet. Eating meat especially fish and minimizing carbs is good for you regardless of your blood type.

4. Inger

Inger Silver

As soon as I read what I should eat according to the blood type diet I knew it was bullshit.
    I am an A

Bad for me are;
    Oysters, herring, elk meat......

Good for me are;
    Soy products,
    bread.....

As unnatural as it gets.

I need to say nothing more..:rolleyes: (about all the stuff I eat regularly are bad for me.. so I should be dead by now..lol)

Ohh.. wait. Maybe that is why I am still not optimal..? :confused:

;)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  5. Glamazon

Glamazon Gold

I am an A too. Couldn't be worse for me either than eating according to type.

6. Martha Barger

Martha Barger Martha Ray

I believe that both of the Dr. D'Adamo's added value and that the Blood Type Diet is good for many people as it stresses real food and lowers enough lectins for each Blood Type. The food lists for O and A are good not perfect. They are the only Blood Types I have experience with. I've given them a hearing and a good long trial and have noticed the trends true to myself as well as most of my family and friends that have tried it. It is just a tiny step toward individualizing dieting. The fact that we are different blood types and some are secretors and some nonsecretors is too unique to not factor in somehow... just as our own genetics factor. Much more to learn I believe. I believe that plant 'based' especially green leafy's has been reasonable food over the ages. All food is under the gun quality wise depending on how much man has tinkered 'improving' it... ha. The power of the mind to have confidence in what one decides to ingest is most likely a huge factor as well. Growing up eating the SAD that I perceived as 'healthy', then natural hygiene, zero carb, macrobiotic, carb and carb and sugar addict, vegetarian, vegan, paleo, alkaline paleo, Weston Price, blood type diets, ad nauseam.... I was pretty much a professional dieter. Some things aligned and I've failed enough to be open to what I don't know what I don't know.
    I love Jack Kruse and within the past 4 months been enjoying the fresh air...I like outside the box thinkers... and I am extremely inquisitive. I've got a lot to learn.

7. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Hi Martha

Have you read the D'Adamo book The Genotype diet? Adds biometric measurements to the mix, giving an indication of how the womb environment influences the genes, and how the environment we subsequently face can turn up the volume. From my biometrics information plus my blood type I learned that I am more than typically primed to survive famine, wish I'd known that before I started on the chronic dieting road. :rolleyes: It was definitely more useful to me than the blood type diet, changed my relationship with food, and knowing my risks based on my biometrics, it has influenced my IF practice. :)

Martha Barger and caroline like this.
  8. Martha Barger

Martha Barger Martha Ray

Thanks Sue-UK, Sorry I am so long in reply....
    I have the book.. had only read the end ...will read it all soon. I loved what he wrote at the very end and insight into who he see and what he is about.
    My womb environment was crowded I had a twin brother with me. We dearly love each other but we both like our space and we both like to be alone a lot...

Again, Thank you for mentioned D'Adamo's The Genotype Diet.

9. Martha Barger

Martha Barger Martha Ray

My post was not allowed just got blocked on a Facebook BTD site... but I think the word needs to get out... that we all need to learn from each other.....

Martha Ray Barger shared a link.

Just now

Thinking of getting a new dog...I feel dogs do best with a meat based diet but just wonder if the D'Adamo's had any opinion on dogs who have ..."Dogs have more than 12 blood groups, and their red blood cells may contain any combination of these since each blood group is inherited independently. The most important of these is called Dog Erythrocyte Antigen (DEA) 1.1. Typing of blood donors and recipients is done before transfusion."

BLOOD GROUPS AND BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS IN DOGS - DOG OWNERS ...

HTTPS://WWW.MERCKVETMANUAL.COM › DOG-OWNERS › BLOOD-GROUPS-AND-BLOOD-...

Comments

Martha Ray Barger When I got to wondering... about dogs blood types... I when back to wondering about humans universal blood donor O and AB.. there seems like there should be a connection....O The universal red cell donor has Type O negative blood. The universal plasma donor has Type AB blood.
    Blood Types Explained - A, B, AB and O | Red Cross Blood ...
    https://www.redcrossblood.org › donate-blood › blood-types

I wish Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo would speak to blood types relative to the current interests in the Microbiome and Quantum biology. Somewhere nature has a mystery that has made us Fearfully and Wonderfully made... it is only a lack of knowledge of the whole body of what is cutting edge today.

There has to be a reason we all are produced with different blood types and it may be about many more things than only diet?

At this point I am still learning how to eat BTD-A neg and eat a Varied, Seasonal, Clean, Alkaline/ Keto or Plant Low Carb with an Epi Paleo Rx perspective. The Plant Keto is what Dr. Will Cole calls by the title of his book, Keto.tarian, Ketotarian: The (Mostly) Plant-Based Plan to Burn Fat, Boost Your Energy, Crush Your Cravings, and Calm Inflammation.

But it a road less traveled... What is on the horizon Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo?
    ----------------------------------

Dr. Jack Kruse is used to blazing trails. If anyone can connect the dots of truth from the many, he can! He is certainly as good as anyone and better than most everyone.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  10. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Have you seen this? :)