1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum. After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum. Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis. Sorry for the Inconvenience, but we hope you understand that this is needed to prevent the community from being ridden with malicious users!

D-ribose

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by nonchalant, Dec 19, 2013.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Has anyone tried cooking/baking with D-ribose? Is heat a problem? I know it goes well in hot coffee or tea.
  2. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Nonchalant, I have not done that and I am not so sure if that is such a good idea. :confused: I only use a recommended serving in my hot chocolate and I imagine that you would definitely use much more then that for your cooking/baking purposes. I try not to over supplement myself.
  3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I use it for non- baking dishes
  4. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

ditto...I was making chocolate/coconut oil with d-ribose this summer and fall....no more chocolate for me this winter, but I still use the d-ribose in my chaga tea
  5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I don't understand. So I couldn't add it to a cheesecake? Maybe I should just experiment.
  6. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

Refresh me.... what is the benefit of D-Ribose?
  7. Josh

Josh Gold

I have experimented extensively up to 100 grams per day with no ill effects if I keep up the magnesium and CoQ. The GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) level is 20 grams per day. My wife baked Christmas cakes with it and they are wonderful. I recommend powdering it in a coffee grinder before mixing it in recipes, seems to work better. It is very hydrophilic which means it dissolves very easily in polar solvents such as water and milk. Also seems to mix well with melted chocolate if it is powdered.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

see the Mitochondrial Rx.
  9. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

Thank you Jack I will try but I have to admit your blogs are SO dense for me.... I have a hard time understanding them.
  10. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Meghan it is not a blog but a webinar where I talk to you........
  12. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I guess you could - I haven't considered it.

I've figured out how to make a Frosty - using only HWC, coconut milk, cacao powder, and d-ribose - OMG HEAVEN!!!! and pure FAT!
  13. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Josh, I just put a 2g scoop in a shallow dish and use the back of a spoon to crush any clumps. I have been putting 2-4 g. in DH's tea, coffee, protein shake, applesauce, jello, etc. It has done wonders for his heart. But I had to start slow, it seems that for some the body has to realize that this is good stuff. At first it tastes a bit odd. Now he loves it. He eats way too much sugar, and I think the reason is that he needs more ribose.

Also, I have taken a large silica freshness packet from another supplement and keep it in with the d-ribose. Much less clumping now.

Thanks, I'll try it in the cheesecake.
  14. Josh

Josh Gold

The cheapest retail I have found is about 80/kg delivered on Amazon. However, you can buy it from the manufacturer wholesale for about 47/kg delivered in 10kg boxes. SOme people do get some intestinal upset as with the sugar alcohols such as xylitol. I did not notice any afdter the first day or two on higher doses.

http://www.bioenergyribose.com/
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  15. MsYo

MsYo Silver

I use d-ribose to help eliminate my previous addiction to artificial sweetners. I switched to stevia (limited use) and eliminated splenda completely.
  16. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Well then... I see no reason to limit myself anymore while using d-ribose. :D Thank you everyone for sharing....
  17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Where is the best place to buy/oder from?
  18. Tanya

Tanya Gold

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Tanya .... I have gotten it from there before. What brand do you get?

I got the LEF powder last time - loved the taste. Other brands seem much cheaper - but would it taste the same?
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  20. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Caroline, I buy Healthy Origins. It is non- GMO and I don't feel any taste difference between this brand and the LEF one.