1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cycloset and FBG update, oh my!

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by kathylu, Aug 8, 2012.

1. In general or for BC? My thought on the matter is if it is "theraputic" for broken people to use coconut oil all year, what harm is it? I'm gonna use it. There are some things we consume that just don't grow here - the banannanana in canada thing. Yes, they don't grow there, and neither does coconut oil - so on the scale of 'minor **** I am not going to worry about', if my fat is in season isn't one of them.

hehe sorry, got up on a soapbox there!! I wonder if my testosterone is surging back up.

I think winter fats are weighted more heavily towards ruminant, pork, duck.

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Ghee, butter, lard, tallow for no seafood meals avocado oil macadamia oil or olive oil or bacon fat

3. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Appreciate the info! Thanks, Caveman! My surgery is next week and that will be followed by radiation. No chemo.

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Destiny. What does your BIg Fat Breakfast (BFB) look like?

I've been working in Ketosis for almost 2mths and as I continue fwd. the protein is becoming difficult for me to choke down the BAB and I'm leaning more toward eating Quelsen's shake for bkfst. I'd love some tips on the more fatty bkfst vs the protein bkfst

5. LinD

LinD New Member

Thanks, CM and Gretchen.

Which fats to use with seafood?

Example: I had shrimp last night and likely used the wrong fat (ghee) to heat the shrimp. What do you use? (I'm not at the raw stage).

I guess time of year does not matter which fat to use with seafood--so it does not interfere with the DHA. I'm just not sure what to use for seafood--period.

Thanks!

6. LinD

LinD New Member

Thank you. What is BC?

I should likely use CO full-time, too (broken).

7. kathylu

kathylu Gold

I GIVE UP! For today anyway. I am having such a problem eating any seafood because of the low grade nausea from the cycloset. I got up at 7 am and mixed a can of salmon and a can of sardines with spices and 2 eggs and proceeded to make "fishy patties" for breakfast. Now it's 10 am and I literally could not even take a bite. No hunger at all and a lot of revulsion going on. I'm just going to wait until I'm hungry and then eat something that appeals to me (low carb of course). Funny, but no real nausea unless I contemplate eating. I don't know what to do here. I feel like I have morning sickness.

I'll get some fresh fish for dinner and see if that makes a difference...maybe shrimp would be ok too. I tried steaming some fresh clams a few days ago and I was literally gagging as I swallowed them (and I actually love clams...one of my faves). Ugh!

And my FBG was 129 this morning. Talk about depressing....

8. That truely falls under sucky-sucky. From an objective standpoint, as well as from one of someone who ditched the BAB and saw better results. . . .

Perhaps go with your desires on eating, and see if the meds are actually helping your body signal correctly.

9. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Um, maybe you are pregnant? :) Or perhaps just giving birth to a new cellular terroir.

10. Cleaning out the bathroom cabinets today. Way in the back, found the ovulation and preggy tests. I'm 44. Dare I?

11. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

I had to quit the cycloset because of the numbness in my fingers, and into my feet. It went away within a couple weeks of taking it out. It took a couple weeks on it to begin to have that effect. I'm wondering why cycloset would be better than just strictly minding light cycles? In my case, I think the lack of decent thyroid hormone was causing the symptoms.

Also (and I'm sure you've thought of this), are you taking any K2? I have seen my fbg drop 10ish points while taking it in the 15-45mg/day range.

12. kathylu

kathylu Gold

All good suggestions, except maybe the pregnancy thing. I'm 53, so it would be a true miracle...lol. I'm sticking with this because you know who said to give it 6 months. And what else can I do? My diet is pretty good, I exercise, sleep is improving, I'm minding my light cycles, I take supplements to decrease insulin resistance. All that's left is drugs.

13. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Shijin, I alternate this: bacon (3 strips), eggs (1-2) and coconut oil, green tea with heavy cream (pastured) on top of that.

Next day, I have a light protein shake with a lot of coconut oil plus heavy cream. Again, I finish with green tea and some heavy cream in it.

14. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Destiny what's in your protein shake? Mackerel heads? Egg whites? I'm too broken to use whey.... And, Kathylu and Shinjin, I finally got labs back and will be needing to talk my PCP into metformin and cycloset (after I discuss w JK) . He pointed me to you guys after the minimal labs I had on the first consult. I know you posted what papers you took to your doc to get them on Zboard... Can you point me to where that is?

My doc was ready to put me on metformin a year ago but I dec,inked (not knowing better). Now my bmi and FBG are where she says I don't need it (but now I know better). May be an uphill battle here! All hands on deck! This community is so awesome I can't wait to meet more folks in person...

15. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Krusing, I am using whey -Source Naturals True Whey is made from milk from contented cows, which are grass fed and never subjected to any growth hormone treatment, chemicals, pesticides, or genetically modified organisms (GMO's).

Superior source of complete, biologically active, immunity-boosting protein

Made from a unique, proprietary process that preserves the nutrients of the whey

In each 10 grams, you receive 8 grams of protein, 900 mg immunoglobulins, 190 mg lactoferrin, 40 mg calcium, 60 mg potassium, and 30 mg phosphorus

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G7R4HI/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

16. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Wow, my FBG was 78 this morning!! I've never seen it this low in the past 13 months!

It was 110 a week ago.

17. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Awesome. Mine is starting to climb but then I'm at the end of my cycle & Pg is dropping & T is climbing. No impact yet on the metformin but I don't expect to see much of a change in 3 days. I did back off the cycloset to 3x.8mg but may go back up. I figure FBG will begging to correct its self when my Pg:E2 ratio starts to come up & the cycloset and metformin come together to control the PCOS insulin production in the ovaries

One thing I've noticed is that my appetite has diminished since starting the metformin and I can no longer eat as much across the day. No complaints here...

also craving more FAT... but That's probably a seasonal thing....

18. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

This thread is a gold mine fir those of us who may soon also be on these drugs. I've never been properly diagnosed as type2 so I don't own a glucose monitor but I think I'll go get me one, I want data! Any suggestions on a reliable one?

Starfish Prime likes this.
  19. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

data is what it takes to convince docs sometimes.....

20. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Some marginal good news here too. I'm feeling pretty happy. I'm keeping my food down (nausea is almost gone again). FBG around 110, definitely an improvement over the last week with numbers in the high 120's.

Also took another glance at my 23 and me results and noticed that I have a genetically predicted poorer than average response to metformin. Part of the problem maybe?