1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cycloset and FBG update, oh my!

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by kathylu, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

If you were only taking 500 when would you take it BAB or dinner?

2. kathylu

kathylu Gold

I think I would take it with dinner. Hopefully, the effects will lower your insulin production through the evening, so it makes sense to me that that would have a more direct effect on morning blood glucose. I think you should ask Jack though...he's the guy with all the experience!

3. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Btw, I'm not seeing much of an effect from either the cycloset or the metformin yet. Trying to be patient. Also, to be honest my diet hasn't been as good as it could be. I've been giving in to some carb indulgences because of the nausea. No excuse, of course. Just wanted to be totally honest.

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I hear you... I talked PCP into the metformin on the condition I gave 500mg a try for 1mth, and then we'll go from there... she told me I could keep the cycloset at 4 if it felt good... no need to increase any more since my FBG show that the higher FBGs follow my cycle...

I can't wait to share that spread sheet w/Jack and see how he thin slices it!

5. Thanks for sharing, I think all of us "regulars" feel guilty and like we are "confessing" something when we are not perfect. I think this is harmful and makes us retreat in spirit if not reality as who wants to feel like the loser of the crowd. I'm determined to just move on and not try to be as perfect as others and just be perfect for my life.

anywhoo. . . .tangent!

What I meant was, I would love to hear what you are feeling as far as hunger with the metformin. My BG was fine (even on the really good end) and that hasn't changed, but I'm not sure if it was supposed to. I do think I'm less hungry overall, AND I know I've been eating less. I also think it's not translating in to weight leaving, but translating into low energy to compensate for those days I don't eat much. (energy/body homeostasis ya know).

Anywhoo. . .interested in your experiences.

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

We all have those moments of imperfection... none of us are always spot on...even though we try... though I've found I get better as I see results...

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

speak for yourself.......I am a saint. But then again I am 7.5 yrs in.

8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

You are what we're striving to become. I'm not quite there but every day is a step in the right direction. You've got a lot more time on us that we've got to make up !!!

9. It does get easier as time goes on. I know the parameters of eating and fall now and again but never with grains. I was at a hotel this weekend and when I asked about the free hot breakfast I couldn't eat a thing. I told the guy and he asked what I ate and I said meat and fish. He arranged for me to get a burger with a nice salad in the morning as my free breakfast! It just keeps getting easier! I'm striving to reach sainthood in another 6.5 years!

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Next blog will help you understand how I am where I am.......my receiving dish is fully tuned. So much so that I am contemplating something big..........real big.

11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I love it when you drop big stuff like this. Can't wait

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you already know.......but you dont know.

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I'm just not listening to what "I" have to say is that it? Your just shining the light on the innate knowledge

14. Destiny

Destiny New Member

A week ago, I decided to go into ketosis. No little berries, not a bit of apple, nothing.

My FBG was 82 this morning! I have been taking Metformin for almost a month twice or three times daily - 500 mg and it was not affecting my FBG much during that time. I think even the little fruit was screwing up my efforts or it just started working ... not sure.

15. Yay on that - Are you startin the day with a big fat hit - or are you doing BAB? in your case, and looking like you are going down the ketosis route to help with BC - BAB might not be your best bet if you can do a longer overnight fast broken with fats only. Keep us posted!

16. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

Why is an overnight fast broken with fats better in the case of cancer? (I am merely curious, and trying to learn!)

17. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Yes, you guess it right about the ketosis. I am not doing BAB anymore. I eat 3 times a day (6 AM-12 PM-5 PM). I might try the fats only.

18. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Fats will get you into deeper ketosis faster.

Low carb, moderate protein, high fat = great ketosis

19. LinD

LinD New Member

I am embarrassed to ask this, but which fats would you use if it is now Fall?

20. I would also say to consider using MCT oil in your first fat of the day, it goes right to energy from the liver in the form of ketones - and should help keep em coming.

Also, the reason I say a longer daily fast is so you have mucho apoptosis and keep the cell signals saying reduce and reuse and kill, NOT reproduce cancer cells. I will have to look for this article I read recenty, can't remember details at all - but I left it with the idea if you are considering chemo, that a super high fat ketosis plan will actually assist with the chemo, but also that longer daily fasts and fats that help keep you in ketosis more effectively will halt the cancer cell reproduction.

I guess the real question here is how long could one do this? Is it a viable lifetime option? I don't think so as it seems that without the protein and veggies and things that feed the good bacteria - over time you will have other things go wrong. However, as a stop gap therapy while you figure out how to approach dealing with the cancer, it makes sense to me.

Keep us updated Destiny, at minimum we can provide an outlet to bitch about the things you can't say to your family :)