1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cycloset and FBG update, oh my!

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by kathylu, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I think it's b/c of the server and back up work from earlier

2. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Maybe it gets worse before it gets better? Dr. K was saying ... I am paraphrasing here - your brain is confused at the beginning. I understand that you are concerned. Are there any studies that would indicate how long it might take to fix the circadian cycle on Cycloset?

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

In my consult Jack said I needed to wait at least 6mtgs before my next asi w/cycloset. Gives it time to work and reset the brain w/the LR & epipaleo rx

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The OSA is a confounder and ruins the sleep cycle to a greater extent. That makes the gradient for the reset longer and steeper. I do agree getting a re update on your sleep study is wise.

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

This reminds me I'm due for my annual OSA eval. I go into the office and the doc checks my airway w & w/o my appliance then adjusts the position as required to increase air flow.

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

day 2 of 2 cycloset in the am... and whoa nausea x1000! I got up at 530, and had BAB by 620 (had too cook it and chase after both a 2yo and 4yo!)

on the bus ride in... suddenly the nausea hit.. ick. dislike but I'll take discomfort if it brings my FBG down into the 70s.

7. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Ok, thanks everyone. I won't panic and I'll try to wait patiently. Follow the protocols. There's really nothing else to do, eh? This morning's FBG...125.

8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

where are you at in your cycle? my spiked the last 5days of my cycle as Pg droped and during TOTM...then dropped back...and spiked again as Estrogen rose

9. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

Feeling a little stupid, but what is a "mtgs"?

10. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

should be mths (short hand for months)...fat fingering things sometimes I miss keys... :eek:

11. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I got my BG strips a couple days ago and my blood sugars suck during the day.... but my FBG was 85 this AM. Then I had a cup of tea with barely a teaspoon of CO and it shot up to 107. While I was feeling like 55. So why would my FBG be almost optimal while a t of CO makes it go nuts? That's FAT... not carbs :confused:

12. Ok so I got a new monitor and strips this weekend. Numbs are all over the place within seconds of each other. I took 5 back to back readings this am while fasting - and there was a 20 point variance. Last night 3 hrs after eating there was a 30 pt variance. This cant help diabetics!

13. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Not saying this didn't happen or is happening but I've tested my monitor before and found it to be pretty accurate. I guess I'm not sure what to do.... there might not be anything to do for me right now either.

14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

reactive hypoglycemia maybe???....that's one thing that I have to keep an eye out for, suddenly I bottom out, feel light headed, brain fog etc, and I feel like I MUST EAT NOW... but when I check my BG - its much higher than I would normally think it would be...maybe the liver is turning on some glucogeous for us causing the spike???? could also be a cortisol release IDK....

I'm still trying to figure things out... I have noticed if I forget to wash my hands I'll get a crazy reading... but most of my readings bounce btwn 89 - 110mg/dl depending on where I'm at in the cycle, and when I eat - some days its hard to eat w/in 30 - but I do my best.

15. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

It's about an hour after eating that involved liver and onions, bone broth (a lot), coconut flakes and kombucha. 94 :confused:

16. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I do get that occasionally but less and less. Green tea can trigger that feeling for me so maybe I actually put too little CO in there.... I think it's the tannins that cause this. It's just that I used to actually get LOW BG with it.... not high!

17. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Interesting. I've never had that issue w/green tea. Now I want to experiment.

18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

So I upped the cycloset to 2x .8mg in the am w/o issue... today however I'm on day 2 of upping it to 3x .8mg. the nausea has been so bad especially on the bus ride to work...well today it was so bad that I actually vomited on the bus :( Had to catch a cab to get home - there was no way in Hell I could have ridden metro home w/o blowing more chunks. I guess this could always be the flu - but considering the increased nausea occurs w/in 2hrs of taking the cycloset and eating - I'm guessing its the cycloset... looks like I can't handle it above 2x .8mg

19. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

I wonder if you're sensitive to the tea (or the CO, but I'd bet on the tea here)? I think it's a somewhat common allergen, and an immune response during ingestion would trigger a cortisol release I would think, and raise your blood sugar. Meanwhile, you would be feeling all weird, because you're in the middle of an immune response. Just wondering...