1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cycloset and FBG update, oh my!

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by kathylu, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I'm starting to see improvements as well... I'm on travel this week to Huntsville AL - and this morning I woke up at 415am (not intentional) I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't so I got up did a quick body rock tv wo - and felt great! I have no mid afternoon slump etc... granted FBG is still all over the place (definitely think metaformin is in my future!)

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I think I need to buy a testing kit, to monitor my FBG.

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

you'll definitely see trends... my pcp couldn't figure out why my FBG and HbA1C was so high given my diet... the meter identified I was running high and was insulin resistant

4. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Next update...my FBG is still quite variable, 96 one day, 110 the next...like that. However, measurements for the last 3 days 101, 97, 92! Woo hoo! Love that downward trend. I mentioned earlier that I don't have a lot of glucose spikes, which is why my HbA1c is "good" at 5.5%. However, my readings are normally never below about 105 during the day. However, I have noticed that my post-meal readings are dropping too. I'm seeing a lot of mid and upper 90's during the day, so my glucose control is improving across the board.

I think my doctor will be really surprised by this. She keeps telling me that I am not diabetic because my fasting insulin is always less than 2 and HbA1c is "good". I keep responding that SOMETHING is going on, otherwise why would my FBG be 120? Well, Dr. K supplied the answer...my sleep apnea is making me insulin resistant at the brain level. Not a good situation since that makes me a prime candidate for Alzheimer's disease.

The nausea is mostly gone and my appetite is better, though seafood is not on the menu often (too nauseating). I am finding that I do ok with fresh fish for dinner, but I can't stand the thought of anything from a can. I can see that this is just temporary though. When I have adjusted more fully to the meds, I'll be able to up my seafood intake to where it should be.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Kathylu is putting the Quilt together. OSA destroys the Cortisol DHEA melatonin axis and this destroys the circadian clock in beta cells. If if goes on long enough it kills PG/E2, then Testosterone and then the biggie......IGF 1. When IGF 1 goes your Right heart fails and you develop lots of problems......like CHF and pulmonary HTN. Then if your unlucky like Reggie WHite......you die in your sleep from a Right sided heart electrical malfunction or you need a defibrillator implanted.

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I think this is just one of the things that landed me where I'm at today... just sent off a long email - and quoted you on metaformin to my PCP asking for it to help fix the PCOS. I will say since starting the cycloset I'm sleeping better than I ever have... even w/airway problems from the ragweed requiring me to get up and take my inhaler to breath in the middle of the night, I'm still falling right back to sleep... and waking refreshed well before my alarm... and sleeping in on the weekends to catch up on sleep isn't needed any more!!!

7. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

This sounds like me. I don't sleep. Maybe 3 hours in the last 3 nights. I wonder if cycloset would help re-set me. Or if it is still just gut and hormones? All my hormones are down.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

cycloset=gut=hormones always.......doctors have not realize it yet. I did 10 yrs ago and have been cultivating my curiosity ever since and now I can harvest the knowledge I have accumulated......and then I use it in my practice to create wisdom for people like you all to go back to your doctor and share. This is how change happens.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  9. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

Thanks. Going to share with doctor. I have low dopamine and seratonin too.

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

cycloset increase brain levels of dopamine provided that inflammation is low to allow organic cation transporters to work between gut kidney and brain. This was covered in the July Webinar.

11. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

Will need to go re-listen to the july webinar. I am trying to look up data on the internet about this. Are you looking for the Cyloset brand or the bromocriptine brand?

12. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

you want the cycloset brand... .8mg generic doesn't come in that dose

13. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

thank you.

14. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

I read that Bromocriptine is the first-line therapy for hyperprolactinemia, and has been for over twenty years!.

Would a my prolactin level be high or does it need to be above range to be high? Just wondering if this could be one of the markes I use with my doctor?

Prolactin 11.4 5.2 - 26.5 ng/mL

I know I have high fasting glucose--gut problems and hormones problems.

without having type 2 diabetes. How do we have a conversation wtih our doctor explaining that cyloset might help.

Gut problems.

Hormones out of wack?

anything else?

July's webinar wont play so I haven't had a chance to see what Dr K said about cycloset. I think it went over my head the first time.

would diabetes ever be genetic. My grandma had diabetes, my mom has high fbg and mine has been between 90 and 97 for the last 5 years.

15. johnnyb

johnnyb Gold

Dr K pointed me to look at Cyclset. My prolactin was normal according to my Doc but high by optimal standards. It looks like it would be an excellent tool for a reset. How to get an Rx out of a CW doc, and how long should one plan to take it for reset?

16. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Take journal references. I don't have any for you since this is not my issue, but search pubmed...use "prolactin" and "cycloset" as keywords. Then you read and completely understand and be able to explain the scientific references. Most docs don't have the time or inclination to read more than an abstract and a conclusion. You must be able to explain the "meat" of the paper. Good luck!

17. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

Thanks for the tips. What I don't really understand is how can I have a FBC level today of 96 and I ate hardly any carbs and have done this for months. Yesterday mostly fat and protein, some summer squash and 1 cucumber. To me it looks like something is broken and that is what cycloset would fix? I go to bed at sunset eventhough I have had a tough time sleeping. Total darkness. Get up and see the sun.

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Your brain and your hormones thin slice the world......your FBG tells you they cant......simple. Why? because the circadian clocks they use to tell time are off.

19. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

Thank you.

20. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest