1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CTing your pets

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Adria, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Adria

Adria New Member

I live out in the country in cold climate. It's still snowing here now, this wk its been around 20 degrees. We have 2 lge dogs that are free to roam our property and can go outside whenever they want to. They swim in the lake almost every day when the water is open, ice melted. Now spring is coming and the work for us starts! They'll be full of sand almost every day from diving into the creek. We hose them off with cold water shower outside, sometimes multiple times in a day.

They are both 7yo and the vet is amazed. They've never had to have their nails cut, teeth are white and healthy, they're slim and ripped with muscle.

I think they're cold adapted. I want them to stay healthy and live a very long life !! Learning alot here to apply to my pets. I plan to make their showers extra cold and be sure they get fresh meat in their diet everyday to preserve their heath.

2. vwaggs

vwaggs New Member

I thought about this too! My Chihuahuas HATE any temp under 70 though. I have to put them outside myself to get them to go. My dogs would hate me forever if I stuck them in cold water! I would be reported for animal abuse for sure LOL! Amazing results for your dogs though! Makes complete sense that it would work for them too!

3. Adria

Adria New Member

vwaggs, suggestion for your little dogs, maybe you would maybe start with putting their paws in cold sink water then giving yummy treat like some chicken afterwards, then each time in cold a little longer. They might start to like it because they want that treat!

4. Kirstin

Kirstin New Member

I've been thinking the same thing - how to leverage this for my dogs! My oldest collie is almost 13 and has some hindquarters weakness and knuckling and I've been wondering if I should be using cold packs on her back. I have been letting her stay outside most days, but because of her age don't want her to get too cold (MN here, so we are warmer than normal, but it's been fairly cool). I've also been trying to switch them from kibble to real food - anybody know if it is easier on their guts to go to raw or cooked food? Several episodes of diarrhea as I've tried switching over, even slowly.

5. Adria

Adria New Member

Kirstin with your dog I would suggest making cooked rice w/meat then slowly reduce the rice until mostly meat. After adapted to that you could add some chunks of raw meat when you serve it, increasing raw slowly. Then when adapted to that add more fatty meat very slowly. One of my dogs took a long time to transition, probably a year, now hes doing great.