1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT without LRx diet??

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by ninja, Mar 15, 2012.

1. ninja

ninja New Member

My question is....has anyone done the CT on either just a paleo diet or a SAD/CW diet?? and what are outcomes?

As much as I want to jump right into everything right now, I'm on an extended vacation overseas, where food is part of the experience (when I stay in, I'm pretty good, almost always getting in my BAB in the morning), but the rest of the time, there is so much that I want to try, that it is impossible for me to follow Dr. K's protocol like I did when I was back home in Cali (I've tried multiple times already, always to get caught off guard with something tasty). CT might be the only thing that I'll be able to do for sure. I'll be going on a 12 day trip backpacking in Korea in a couple weeks, where I will (instead of staying at cozy hotels) spend my nights at their overnight spas (jjimjilbangs) where they have the cold tubs :) The diet will be almost impossible for me to follow while I'm there, though. Wondering if it's worth it for me to spot-treat before going (since right now in Taiwan, I have no access to a tub).

2. selma@decna.no

selma@decna.no New Member

I'm not fully paleo / leptinRX. I do - let's say ... 70-80%?

I do CT on the same level. And it DOES good, but I suspect everything would work faster and better if I managed to do more (more completely paleo).

And I suspect that CT is better on a more optimal diet than on SAD ... because the body need good fuel to be able to tolerate the changes?

*Thinking aloud*

3. Birdy

Birdy New Member

Dr. K says do the LR first, because you want your liver in top shape before the detox.

4. hazyjane

hazyjane New Member

I know that there are a lot of benefits of CT in general, but here's one thing to consider: it's a "biological mismatch" to do CT and eat a higher carb diet, and though there will still be some benefits, the ancient metabolic pathway (the melanocortin-leptin pathway) Dr. Kruse talks about isn't going to be activated.

So, you'll get some benefits, but not the full array of benefits:)