1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT, water temperature and cold urticaria

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Alper, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Alper

Alper New Member

Dear all,

a couple of days ago I followed a podcast with Jack (Ironman Executive - Cold Thermogenesis) where he mentioned that at some degree before water freezes it contains the highest amount of electrons and thats why there is much more life in the polar sees compared to the equatorial sees or something like that.
    Let us suppose that I could stand water in a lake (5°C water temperature) without having used the ct-protocol lately. Is there any chance of getting cold urticaria above 0°C??? I got cold urticaria once when I was using the protocol in the past (I know about the omega 6:3-ratio issue) at the point where I took off the compressing shirt and put ice on my naked thoracial skin. Cold water though doesn´t seem to cause any problems for me. The skin gets cherry-red but doesn´t turn white at 5°C. I stay in the water for 1-1:30min at the moment daily. It seems to me that water above 0°C (with most electrons in it refering to Jacks podcast) instead of ice seems to be more "healthy". It that correct? Maybe healthy is a confusing term.
    If might be relevant that I´m at about 18-20% bodyfat at the moment.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

sure it is possible if you have too many omega 6's in your cell membranes. DHA within the cell membranes allows mammals to repel cold that is one of the reasons why marine mammals have used DHA for 600 million years. It repels the sense of cold when the DC electric current is high using non linear aspects of light like the Pockel's effect

Brent Patrick and Danco3636 like this.
  3. Alper

Alper New Member

That makes sense. And what about the point of using cold water bath instead of ice, if one feels "alright" beeing in cold water. I know from the ct-protocol that you recommend the "whole body immersion" after the use of ice on the torso. But I still don´t get how one can develop urticaria with ice on naked skin if one can stand the cold in the whole body immersion (with the restriction of only staying in water for 1 minute or 2)

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

CT can always be used if you have a high enough DC electric current to ward off urticaria. It has many non linear effects but number one being it increases density of water which increases electron density which makes it MORE likely for photons to interact with sunlight to make EZ in cell water.

Cold water is also a great Faraday cage......better than warm water.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

cold water also causes more red light liberation in mitochondrial to shrink the respiratory proteins.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  6. Alper

Alper New Member

I know about these aspects, but thanks a lot for answering, Jack.
    I´m quite into the literature and your blogs.

Thus, beeing able to stand 5°C Water outside in the lake even for a 1 minute or 2 makes predicts that DHA-Content in my body is high enough to repell the cold or Omega 6:3-ratio seems fine. Well, labs would probably be great for confirmation. But at least it looks like.
    I will probably increase the time soon progressivly.

7. Alper

Alper New Member

I forgot one aspect dealing with the DC-Current of my body. Do you have any experience with eye rings (really bad ones eversince I´ve been working in the OR for 4 years fulltime as a male nurse before starting medical school) ??? They haven´t disappeared even though I´m only working in the OR occassionally 1-2times per month. OR-Time will be over soon forever though.