1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT w/ chlorine

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by BJK77, Apr 3, 2012.

1. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

I usually do my CT at home where I have well water, but this week I'm staying with a friend to help her while she recovers from surgery . . . trying to get her on board with CT too! Anyway, she has town water and I can actually smell the chlorine in it though DH calls me a "hound dog" as I am super sensitive to smells, so take that for what it's worth. Is it a good idea to CT with the chlorine? I try so hard to stay away from all chemicals. I just don't want to do anything to overload my system while I'm already detoxing.

I did do a bath last night because I already filled the tub before I smelled the chlorine and I woke up this morning with a sore throat . . . coincidence?? So, should I continue or hold off until I'm back home on Friday?

2. I hope it's alright. I've been doing CT in my chlorinated pool. I don't know why it wouldn't be alright considering it gets me cold!

3. Adria

Adria New Member

I'd wait until you're back home, better to avoid chemicals whenever possible.

4. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I think the doctor's pool looks chlorinated.

5. shilohman

shilohman New Member

I remember reading that your body will absorb through the skin only those minerals that it can use. So, go for it.

6. selma@decna.no

selma@decna.no New Member

I wouldn't like it. Chlorine displaces iodine in our bodies.

7. All that is needed is a good filter. I have horrible water and have a whole house filter right now. In my old house I just had a good shower filter. I personally don't like chlorine or fluoride in my water. Both are bad for thyroids.

8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Patty Cakes, are you able to remove fluoride from your water?

9. My research shows that fluoride can only be effectively removed with distillation or a proper reverse osmosis setup. Chlorine with activated carbon filters and with the shower "KDF" filters (but not chloramine which many utilities use now (or a combination of both)).

Bottled water has it all removed if you don't want to invest in a solid block actived carbon filter plus reverse osmosis system that removes all useful minerals...

10. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

FWIW, I can't take a good hot bath anymore b/c the chlorine smell makes me lightheaded. And I can't swim at the Y (mod temp pool) for the same reason - I can hardly walk in the building! Even swimming laps in my neighborhood pool for longer than 15m will leave me with a headache growing from about 15m to about 1.5hrs after stopping. (heavy exercise in lake or ocean do not do this)

But I can easily take long cold baths in my same chlorinated water at home, no problems with chlorine head.