1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT vs Magnetico

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by cantweight, Oct 14, 2013.

1. cantweight

cantweight Gold

In a perfect world money would be plentiful and I wouldn't have to pick....but....

A year ago we moved to a home with a much better field (reads .03 throughout) but it has only one tiny tub that is horrible for CT. Trying to decide between purchasing a good cold plunge tub or a magnetico.

Where would y'all put your money first and why....hubby and I are not seeing eye to eye on this one and I am not sure who is right...

Really appreciate the help :)

2. nicld

nicld Gold

Can you get a good stock water tank and some more harbor freight magnets to start with? Thankfully we have a nice and deep tub that I can do CT in and I think that right now, that has shown the best overall benefits but I would be curious to see what others have to say.

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

go out to tractor supply co - and spend $75 on a 100 gallon stock tank to CT outside in. and then put everything else to the magnetico.

4. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Gretchen that is exactly my argument! But he really doesn't want it outside. We cant drain it inside. He is concerned that we cant follow CT protocol with proper temps and times in a trough with half frozen water. I keep saying everyone just breaks the ice and dips in as long as they can, I think he feels that is less effective than 60 mins 48 degree soak. I can't make a strong enough case against that. He has read all the CT protocols but not much else....he is a by the book kind of guy.

I want to CT in the sun!! He wants a high quality indoor adjustable temp, deep, cold tub. He says the trough will freeze in winter and we'll have nothing to use....I can't argue that point either....grrrr....frustrating!

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

its called breaking the ice and using mag chloride flakes to lower the freezing temperature...

6. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I am a magnet chicken.....so afraid of putting them the wrong way and causing my body some catastrophic issue...lol But that is really what i wanted to do...I thought outside I could have the sunlight, magnetism, water trifecta...I just need to convince him this is the right thing to do. So far i am not getting anywhere.

7. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Oooooooooohhh :)

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

it is not CT or magnetico.......if your field is a mess it means you might need both.......regarding CT, if you are a eutherian mammal you just plain need CT in this modern field 100% of the time.

9. nicld

nicld Gold

They do make tank heaters that keeps the water from freezing in the winter. Our horses let us know when theirs is not working and it freezes over. Which reminds me, we need to dig ours out now that winter is coming. I cannot imaging what our horse would think if I tried to get in her water tank for some CT outside. She just might join me :)

So are you thinking of redoing the bathroom to put a bigger tub in?

Walmart has a compass for about $2.50 that I used to check all of mine and it worked like a charm. I have no worries and it is a good way to start.

10. cantweight

cantweight Gold

The hubs wants something like this ... https://furohealth.com/products/hyoga-cold-plunge-tub

I want cheap CT tank and magnetico....we just cant afford both knowing the importance of doing both. I just feel like the CT can be effective in cheap ways and we cant get the benefit of magnetico without it.

We moved into an older home nicole and there is no place to put in a big tub unfortunately. We are going o put an addition on in a few years, but I need a right now thing.

Ill check into a cheap compass....hub tried to use the one on his phone...lol....um that didnt work...thing went nuts on my sons magnetico which we were thirlled to see! It was really strong!

11. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Cantweight, I'm with you there. I'm going to be buying one of Gretchen's stock tanks for use in the country. I need the photoelectric effect to charge all those nanotubes!

12. nicld

nicld Gold

Holy price batman. An animal stock tank and water heater is way cheaper.

Have you looked into a step in tub? It is what we had put in for our DD and it fits into a normal tub space. It is pretty deap but depending on the hubby's height miht not be deep enough unless you find one with the bench.

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

with something like this - you still have to contend with EMF emitted by the system I would think. which Is why a fresh spring or natural CT location would be preferred. the stock tank, while not Ideal, I'm not contributing additional EMF at the same time . just a thought..

14. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I won! He just called....coming home with 150 gal stock tank!! woo hooo!!!

Thanks y'all :)

15. nicld

nicld Gold

WHOOOHOOO and doesn't he remember, happy wife equals happy life :)

That is pretty cool that he is doing this with you, mine still says hell no when I offer to save my cold bath water for him :)

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Haven't you explained to him the oxy benefits???

17. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I guess I didn't need to Audrey...he came home with the tank and I didn't have to argue my point any further. It was the best CT of my life,cold water, sun shining, he loved it too. He said he picked one big enough that we could CT together. Our plan for when it gets crazy cold out is get in together and see who can last the longest...we're both pretty stubborn so it should be fun!

Two of my 3 kiddos got in today too! The youngest put on his goggles and went under!! He is the CT rockstar in our house. I will post pics on my journal as soon as I can :)

Great day here :)

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

It sounds as if you are seeing a ton of improvements with your little guy?

It sounds like you had a great day...... such simple pleasures ..... such massive rewards...... rock on ....;)

19. nicld

nicld Gold

That's AWESOME!!!! A CT tub for two. Don't know if that would work for me since I like to "cuddle" with the hubby to warm up :)

20. kjgraffin@yahoo.com

kjgraffin@yahoo.com New Member

Are ya'll filling your stock tanks with non-flouridated water? I can't imagine getting enough water to fill it without taking quite a few trips to the spring for water. Does it matter what kind of water you use?