1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT via the Cool Fat Burner vest -- increases Adiponectin by 62% !!!

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Eric, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Eric

Eric New Member

I recently reported in the Kruse' CT forums that the Cool Fat Burner boosted metabolism by 300% as verified by indirect calorimetry. (However, I put a ";)" in the title, which made the thread inaccessible, and IDK how to edit the title!) :confused:

Anyhow, I recently ran another formal self-experiment, and showed that I was able to raise Adiponectin by 62% in around 2hrs. This is a HUGE confirmation of the power of cold thermogenesis!!!

You can check out info in the video or on the blog entry.

thanks
    Eric

2. freesia

freesia Old Member

Go Eric!
    That's really interesting - thanks for the link.

3. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Keep up the good work Eric.... I have your vest and extra gel packs.... I also use the packs for strapping around my torso for extra coldness.... Those packs do stay cold better than anything else I have used....

4. Martin

Martin Gold

Way to go at it, Eric! Keep going with your testing.

BGH

5. Eric

Eric New Member

Thanks all, will hopefully have another cool experiment posted in a few months or so, we'll see. :)

6. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Any new experiments or discoveries?

7. shah78

shah78 Gold

Is there a discount code for the fat burning vest similar to the "Kruse 15" for the magnetico?

8. Eric

Eric New Member

Dan wrote: "Any new experiments or discoveries?"

You bet Dan! The Body Recomp experiment!

Granted most forum members are probably worried more about health than body comp. Still a lot of interesting stuff in the vid. The massive fat burning, especially during the final leg of the experiment (Focused Metabolic protocol) probably had my AMPK boosted most days of the week. Cellular cleanup, destruction of harmful, mutated junk cells, longevity.

Danco3636 likes this.
  9. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Great stuff - love the nutrient partitioning aspect

10. shah78

shah78 Gold

I'm in awe. WOW! The eighteen scoops of ice cream and the 60 lbs of ice cream in 6 weeks,notwithstanding, you've validated the last forty- four months of my life. I've simultaneously gained close to twenty five lb of muscle and lost almost ten lbs of fat for a 16 lb weight gain.I used the cold tub(not the vest) and skipped the junk food and probably 90% of the weightlifting.But still, this is something I can show my personal fitness clients as an alternative/complimentary success story, that reinforces my own, more"monastic/Spartan" modalities. Great work.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  11. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Body re-comp works even without the CF burner.... > Leangains does this. But I can see how CT and CFB would definitely help.
    I am doing a 4 week trial myself with the CFB to see if it produces any spot reduction of fat. I am already lean - 6-8% BF but wee will see how it goes.
    In the AM each day I do a short CT in my 50 degree F pool and then put the vest and shoulder packs on for 1 hour or more.... I later in the evening may wear it for 30 minutes.

12. Butters

Butters New Member

I can't breathe good with the vest on and it doesn't cover all parts of the skin when its looser. Cold tub really is better. CFB only or Cold tub its for me most of the time.

13. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

This morning dunk in my just below 50 degree F pool then CF burner and Gut buster on for one and half hours while in a 62 degree room.
    Drank cold water pre.
    Wrapped a neoprene wrap around the Gut Buster to make it tighter on stomach and back.
    Added some extra, small ice packs on shoulders.
    After 30-40 minutes slight shivering.
    Did this while naked, doing some outside grounding and body movements.
    Incorporated ice water face dunks as well.
    Followed it up with green tea and coffee.
    Done in a fasted state and stayed fasted for 3 or so hours after.
    Then a Epi-Paleo Ketosis meal. Yes oysters where involved ➖

Most of the ice packs where melted or slushy when taken off.

This could be addicting.

Kristi Lambert likes this.
  14. Eric

Eric New Member

Yes, CT can make it way faster, especially when used as I do w/ the Body Recomp plan, using CT not just to burn cals, but to help deplete glycogen, as well as intentionally inducing shivering, to maximize adiponectin and irisin, both of which have positive effects on muscle, which is crucial when losing weight, since it's so easy to lose muscle!

That's some hardcore CT sessions LOL! Good cold adaptation.

ps. I often drink upwards of a gallon of water, truly cold ice water nearly freezing over at the top, throughout any given session. I gulp it down, to get it down in me quick, on days I'm wanting to do a lot of shivering.

15. Eric

Eric New Member

I intentionally tighten the Gut Buster so that it's almost tight too breath, so as to get maximum compression, though of course as it 'thaws,' it softens and that changes.

16. Eric

Eric New Member

Yup, and DEXAs and blood work and indirect calorimetry, etc etc etc, means it's real and proven, in the lab. Just wait til our group studies kick off! :cool:

Benny Hammond likes this.
  17. Jason Coates

Jason Coates Losing the Shade.

18. Benny Hammond

Benny Hammond New Member

Are you guys able to work out with the CFB and/or CGB? I would like to wear it while doing pull-ups, dips and push ups, squats etc.

How long do the ice packs stay optimal out in the sun on a hot day?

Could I potentially throw these guys in a cooler while I'm at work for a few hours and then pull them out and get after it?

I'm cold adapted as I CT in 40f chest freezer water for 40-50min daily. Will the CFB and CGB work for me even if I don't shiver?

Thanks, these look like very versatile and functional products.

19. Just Breathe

Just Breathe New Member

I bought a new freezer (it can go sub-zero) and now the cold packs are too painful to use! I'm using only the fridge freezer for the ice packs from now on!

20. JoeT

JoeT Gold

Eric, I'm looking to try to use cold to get my blood sugar, which is "normal", down to very low levels. (i.e: HBA1C below 4.7 ish? ). Do you have any idea as to whether the vest might be able to help me vs having to sit in a CT tub? Thx.