1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT timing.

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Danco3636, May 13, 2019.

1. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Any insights.
    Should my evening CT session (quick freezer ice bath dunk) be done before my last evening meal or post? Or does it matter, just get it in?

2. Saichi

Saichi New Member

My limited experience, anytime better than no time if you adapted quickly. Almost midnight and I'm going in for at least 30 minutes pure cold now.

3. Solidsilverteeth

Solidsilverteeth New Member

In my experience anytime is a good time also.

I'm loving morning cold showers at the moment, where my outside tap is its in the shade until about 7am when it slowly start getting in the sun, so this is when I have my CT, once my area is in the sun.

But then I often try to have another few ct sessions at other times.

I still have a few questions as I'm still a beginner to CT.

Does your brother still change once you re fully adapted? I still get the shock and fast breathing once the cold water touches my chest nd back. 20-30 seconds seems like. Long time and I step out to soap up and then another min or so to wash it all off. Then I sit in the sun to dry off and try to get my shivering under control.

Why should I be doing better?

4. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

CT training should be done at sunrise or after dinner. From here https://jackkruse.com/cold-thermogenesis-easy-start-guide/
    You have gt to read the details. They matter. As an example : I still have UV to drink Malbec here. I did a CT session about two hours aftera generous glass and the water (only 17 C ) felt icy. I had forgotten about the alcohol restriction and that I clear alcohol very slowly.

5. Solidsilverteeth

Thanks for that, very good read,myes it all makes sense. The devil is in the details.

Lahelada likes this.
  6. Solidsilverteeth

I can't eat something before my morning CT because I eat only one meal a day, but I can have a cold shower straight after my one meal.

What is the thinking behind eating something before the CT?

Cold showers are not mentioned but I would imagine they are similar benefits, I know I'm feeling great doing it every morning in the sun.

7. malc0088

malc0088 4th dimension

my understanding is that timing of CT is N=1 based on your location...i know this gets thrown out alot :) I try to combine strong sunlight, good water, oysters/seafood, and CT w/grounding to charge up my battery. CT is good in strong sunlight has cooling the skin enhances our topology. I like to use some bitter melon extract, hiit training, and berberine 30 minutes before my evening meal...eat dinner, and then 30 minutes of 55 degree CT for 30 minutes in direct sunlight. I could be wrong but I thought that CT fasted or before a meal is a little bit harder on the hormone panel. CT before meals for me feels stressful where as after dinner feels blissful.

Solidsilverteeth likes this.
  8. Solidsilverteeth

I like the sound of hiit training just before your meal, then CT afterwards.

All I know is that many people go for a swim in cold water first thing in the morning before they eat anything, I can't see any harm in it, this speaks to my common sense.

9. Christina Gagnon

Christina Gagnon New Member

CT instructions say not to let your skin temp fall below a certain temp - how does one measure your skin temperature?

Lahelada likes this.
  10. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

11. Christina Gagnon

Christina Gagnon New Member