1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT: The Next Level

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by AdamF, Feb 9, 2019.

1. AdamF

AdamF New Member

@Jack Kruse
    34/M/Ancestry From Cold-Adapted (Poland/Russia/Scotland)

Current CT Level -
    Full Body (Up to chest) @ 38 deg.F - 44 deg. F outside with ambient temps in the mid 30's for up to 20 minutes
    Cold Shower @ 45 deg.
    Ambient Air CT down to 20 deg. F (outside in underwear and shoes/socks) for up to 15 minutes

Goal: Full body immerson in 32 deg. F water for 60 minutes.

Any thoughts on my next productive step to ramp things up to Jedi status?

Biggest weak point right now is my f*ckng feet get cold on the ground when barefoot in ~35 deg. weather and below.

Am looking at doing regimented extremity water immersion training indoors until I'm hitting 32 deg. F w/ regularity for at least 15 minutes in both hands and feet.

2. Bob Stirling

Bob Stirling Silver

Suggestions for cold feet. Be sheltered from the wind, wrap a sheepskin around them, movement, wear wool socks. Stand on a block of Styrofoam SM insulation. The SM gives an R10 for every 2" of thickness.

If you have in-floor radiant or hot water heat. Add a circuit for an outdoor concrete slab and maintain the slab at a comfortable temperature.

3. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

I can do 25 mins at 32F in the frozen lake but I dont find any benefit to doing more than 15 mins at a time. Get some neoprene boots and gloves the fingers and toes are what is going to stop you from staying in for super long.

Christine_L likes this.
  4. AdamF

AdamF New Member

That makes sense, thanks.