1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT stage 2 compression shirt

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by TANN, Apr 21, 2017.

1. TANN

TANN New Member

I have been doing the face dunk for a week and I want to push on to the next step.
    Jack says to put 20-30lb of block ice into torso.
    So this is over the compression shirt right?
    Wasn't sure if it's supposed to be tucked under the shirt. Also I have no idea where I am going to get block ice? Can you just use a load of ice cubes in a plastic bag?

2. Allin

Allin New Member

Wear the compression shirt and place the plastic bag full of ice cubes on top of your chest and abdomen.

3. TANN

TANN New Member

Thanks Allin
    I completed my first session with compression shirt.
    I found it ok so for the last 25 minutes I put the bag of ice directly into chest and abdomen. Total session was for 1 hour after breakfast.
    I wasn't measuring skin temp as I assumed I was comfortable enough. After the hour I measured and found I had a skin temp of 46.7. Woops! I see that the directions don't actually say to measure temp in this stage but do assume that actually the same rules apply with not dropping below 50 degrees?
    After my skin stayed very pink for up to 1 hour but no hives.
    Any experience/ knowledge from you or others I would be most grateful for.
    Best regards Tann

caroline likes this.
  4. drezy

drezy New Member

That's your key vs worrying about each 0.1 degree F.

I think you did really well. Welcome to this stage. How do you feel now(benefits, side effects,...)? You'll know by now if you did anything terrifically wrong.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    TANN likes this.
  5. TANN

TANN New Member

I have not noticed any adverse effects but will be more careful next time. Today is the first day that I haven't done CT for two weeks. I actually got an extra hour sleep which I think is down to not eating any carbs at dinner time. Read about sleep apnea being caused by bacteria/ carb activity. It seemed to do a lot of good plus I slept with a mask.
    What stage are you at with CT and how's it working out for you drezy?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

sounds like you are doing fine. Pay attention to your own intuition ....the best Doctor is the one in your head!

You are sleeping well? How is your libido?

Are you drinking ice water before C/T? Are you having a high fat meal before C?T?

7. TANN

TANN New Member

Thanks Caroline
    Sleep is crap at the moment. I only get 6 hours and on the rare occasions I do get 7 I feel tonnes better. Libido average.
    Yes I follow the protocol.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Why do you not sleep more if you need it ....and obviously from what you say - you do need more. 7 hours isn't enough....

how old are you? your libido should be crazy good.......

9. TANN

TANN New Member

So I get up for the toilet usually after about 6 hours sleeep then I rarely get back to sleep. Lay there thinking about coffee BAB and sunrise, lols.
    I'm 43, hey it's good eneough

10. drezy

drezy New Member

I average about 3 C/T's per week since mid February(2 months running so far) . My tub temperatures are anywhere from 47 to 55 depending on ambient temperature and how much ice I bought.
    My wife (58 degrees or so) and son (50-52) join me once a week now.

The biggest changes I've noticed right upfront is:
    • Wife sleeps well almost all the time (In the past I've seen her sleeping, but she'd still claim she didn't sleep well)
    • With few exception I've always slept well, but my clock got readjusted. Now after sunset my body sends me signals that it's time to sleep. This was odd and mildly annoying at first since I'm the type that would usually be up till 2AM on a computer. I'm not complaining though since BP is down and libido is up
    • I ditched some saddlebags I had. Weight can creep on tall guys right over their kidneys. There a psychological effect when you go from feeling that it's OKish to pull off a shirt to being happy to pull the shirt off and have people ask what it is you are doing to be in shape. Down from ~16.9% bodyfat to ~ 13%
    • My wife's nighttime itchy skin went away. This seemed like a hormonal thing that was assisted by CT.
    Coupled with grounding (I ran a separate ground to my tub AND do separate grounding as well) and UV I also noticed:
    • My cracked heels are almost completely healed.
    • My complexion is the best it's ever been.
    With my wife's sleep and oxy squared away, my son is where my focus is currently. Since he's growing so quickly it's not easy to tell what CT effects are on him. I don't see any negative effects and he really likes doing the CT every week.

caroline and Allin like this.
  11. Dennis Durost

Dennis Durost New Member

I’m going with a little different CT hack. My only issue is visceral fat and love handles. Everything else is a-ok. I plan to use a waist wrap and insert ice packs my wife obtained when she had her knee replaced. I will be using a compression shirt between my skin and the ice and plan on doing a daily 1 hour routine for 30 days. I will also follow the advice to drink a glass of ice water before as well as consume a fat containing meal. I am prepping by taking colder showers and doing a daily shoeless and shirtless round of put put golf at day break. I am starting with a waist circumference of 37”. I will post my progress. My wife says I'm crazy. Her prescription for addressing my visceral fat issue is to stop drinking beer! What?

Allin likes this.