1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum. After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum. Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis. Sorry for the Inconvenience, but we hope you understand that this is needed to prevent the community from being ridden with malicious users!

CT stage 1

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by TANN, Jul 12, 2017.

1. TANN

TANN New Member

i started the CT a few weeks back and got great results.
    I didn't do stage 2 for long because it's time consuming.
    What are people's experience of just doing the face dunks ongoing as its a much easier practice to slip into the day.
  2. Get in the tub. More effective.
    drezy likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

4. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma New Member

I'm just moving to tub from daily face dunks. I've finished my shower on cold and I've found a way to make it more tolerable but yeah, it's hardcore being in that cold bath. Brrrrrrr!
    drezy likes this.
  5. drezy

drezy Gold

Go Emma! It's your birthday!
    ScottishEmma likes this.
  6. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma New Member

If it was my birthday I'd totes find a more fun way to spend it than in a bath of cold water :)
  7. drezy

drezy Gold

My birthday is around the corner and knowing what I learned here I think I'll be in the cold tub twice as long on that day #inittowinit.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017 at 3:58 PM
    ScottishEmma likes this.
  8. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma New Member

21? :)

Weirdly I'm actually looking forward to a cold bath later. I mean, I'm not really. I'm looking forward to the idea. The reality is somewhat different :)
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

honestly - cold showers are somewhat harder.
    ScottishEmma likes this.
  10. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Yeah I agree. In the tub it's cold for the first moment but I quickly get a nice glow over me until I've been in there long enough.
    caroline, ScottishEmma and drezy like this.
  11. drezy

drezy Gold

Lol! I feel like I shed about 2 decades doing all this. I started out by imagining that my son was in mortal danger unless I immersed. That shifted my focus away from the cold. Now I'm able to just get in, though I yell out a cat call each time. For some reason that makes it feel better.
    caroline and ScottishEmma like this.
  12. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma New Member

Yep, plenty of sweary words coming from this bathtub! :)
    caroline and drezy like this.
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

That is the way to do C/T properly - plenty of really disgusting language!

and then ..... to do housework naked.....
    ScottishEmma and drezy like this.
  14. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

I use to do the cold tub. But once I discovered a cold river swim the tub no where compares. The tub is just boring.
    A close second and better for me than the tub is an outside morning shower nude in the sun.
    Awe...... revreshing and energizing year round.
    Jude, QuantumRadical, JoeT and 2 others like this.
  15. I just put on good music and spend 30 or so minutes at around 47-50 degrees relaxing and meditating. Seriously, you won't die from that temp in that short of time. You get used to it. The cold actually numbs the skin after a minute or two and then feels like nothing. I find that temps above 55 degrees are less comfortable because of less numbing. I get out and warm in the sun--total bliss!