1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT simple questions

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by RobInDC, Nov 15, 2018.

1. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

I’ve always been confused about this as well. I’ve definitely found it to be true from personal experience that I adapt better while using carbs.

Pablo and Sean Waters like this.
  2. Saichi

Saichi New Member

I'm not always in the mood to have seven foot waves crashing over me though. I need to get something to cover my ears.

I have access to rivers too but lot of tests past decade showing dangerous biologicals and algal blooms.

3. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Funny I was just talking to a friend who gets irritated by the loud noise of huge waves crashing. I could listen to that all day—perhaps since it disguises the tinnitus. She said she’s more of a clear mountain lake/stream person. We all have our preferences—just important to find a body of water and get in it. :)

Sean Waters likes this.
  4. Saichi

Saichi New Member

It's not the noise, it's the seawater in ears I dislike. Surfer friend of mine lost good amount of hearing in both ears after surfing for decades without a head cover. I'd much enjoy swimming out past the waves but then a great white might find me a good meal considering how few seals are left in their breeding waters.

5. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Interesting. Did he get lots of ear infections? I wonder how many decibels crashing waves produce? My father is almost deaf from decades of lawn, farm, and other loud equipment use without hearing protection. Never thought about the possible effect of constant heavy sea waves (not one of his problems, unfortunately). I love diving under them and body surfing.

Something like this plus silicone earplugs might help? Blocks a bit of sun but not as much as a cap. If you’d be caught dead in it...might offend the sharks and keep them away. :D

https://m.swimoutlet.com/p/sporti-e...MIrNCg0aL24gIVCFSGCh2VqQEtEAQYBiABEgLz5PD_BwE

6. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I’ve made it clear to family and friends that my living near the ocean at least half the year in the near future is non-negotiable. I’m working on a five-year plan. Was going to be three, but I’d rather under promise and over produce...

7. Saichi

Saichi New Member

He did mention infections, assumed it was the accumulation of salt and minerals but he's overweight so below average redox. I've gone out with silicone earplugs before but didn't like the reduction in dB and did a poor job keeping water out of the ear. I'll probably try that ear band.

I finally realized when the waves are coming faster the water feels colder. After 20 minutes this morning I was exhausted from both more exertion and water shear perceived temperature effect.

8. Corey Nelson

Corey Nelson CoreyNelson.io