1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT, leptin reset and breastfeeding

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by BeingVenus, Apr 16, 2012.

1. BeingVenus

BeingVenus New Member

I'm still nursing my 16 month old pretty regularly. He nurses at night and a few times during the day, and for comfort if he hurts himself, etc. I started CT about 5 days ago and I really love it, I'm practically addicted now, but I'm starting to wonder if "detox" means all that junk is going in to my breastmilk. Should I hold off until I wean him? I really don't want to, since I plan on letting him self wean (which could mean 1/2 a year to two more years of nursing.) Are there any ladies out there doing all this stuff and nursing their little ones? How does this change your LR diet if at all? Are you doing CT? I have always loved cold showers so I just dove in and did full body in an icy tub right off the bat.

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I'm in the process of trying to wean my now 2yo. I've been working on this since Feb! I've been CTing since Feb. granted he's only nursing 2x/day at most. I know there's toxin dumps, and Dr K indicated you shouldn't CT if you're nursing a baby. I really would have thought the BHRT I'm on would have dropped my supply - but nope.

you might just want to spot CT, or limit the # of CT bath sessions you do; alot depends on where your heath is in this process...

as for diet - I'm KETO. yes I'll occasionally have some berries - and when I say some - its about 1/4c no more. they've become too sweet for me these days, and I'll be honest... I'm looking for fat to eat. there have been times I've seriously considered opening my duck, or bacon fat and eating a spoonful! I do it w/CO and Ghee....why not fat? I've been primal/paleo since ds was 6mths old...so no real issues w/eating.

3. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

I would guess it has to do with how much detoxing you have to do. And if you take it slowly, you will be able to manage the rate of detoxing too.

4. I'm nursing my twin 10 month olds. They eat very little food and are still almost exclusively breastfed. I haven't noticed any problems or red flags.

5. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Been nursing for 14 years nonstop, and expect (hope) quite a few more. I always take "not while nursing" with a grain of salt, b/c nursing is (and biologically, is intended to be) a lifestyle, not a short phase, for me.

So long story short, I agree that you can manage the pace of die-off, and on top of that, you can help yourself and your wee one detox with epsom salt baths and/or activated charcoal. I try to go slow (no 40 degree baths for me, no sudden dietary changes (go slow)), and if signs show up in my nursling (now 28 months old), give her nice warm baths full of epsom salts or ACV or sea salt or baking soda.

rlee314 likes this.
  6. BeingVenus

BeingVenus New Member

I've been eating pretty clean and lowish to moderate carb (25-100) for over a year so I don't think I should have any die off issues. I was more considering the hormonal dump but if you ladies aren't having issues I'll keep going.

7. Nourish

Nourish New Member

I'm in a similar situation to you Beingvenus....I am still nursing my 16 mo old and concerned about starting CT. I've only done spot CT so far to try to minimize the detox. Any fat soluble toxins (and hormones) will be released as fat is burned and pass through breastmilk, so I was concerned about exposing my little one to those toxins when he is still growing and developing so fast. My understanding is that the cells are more sensitive to damage from toxins during the time when kids are growing and developing so fast....mainly under 5 yoa and esp during pregnancy/infancy? It can influence their genetics/epigenetics. But I've already lost so much with breastfeeding alone that maybe its not worth worrying about the extra release from CT? Maybe I should just focus on getting him to eat foods that support his own detox....

8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

follow what MamaG does - she's been nursing or pregnant for quite a while and has hit several different rounds of detox depending on what she's been doing... go slow... back off if you feel bad.

W/my ds - he's only nursing 2x/day anyway - I'll be honest I'm not really sure how much milk I'm making these days or if he's getting any. let your little one keep nursing, have him eat the foods you eat; and keep your CT slow - you should be fine.