1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT last night...40 degrees and hypothermia predicament.

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by MattD1995, Dec 8, 2018.

1. MattD1995

MattD1995 New Member

I’ve been using CT for several weeks now with great success. I live in Texas, and we’re in the 40s right now. My pool has been serving as my CT tub now that it’s cold enough, and I’ve had no issue over the last few weeks.

Last night, I decided to take a dip before bed. I only stayed in 15 minutes at 40 degrees. Once I got out, I began experiencing what I’ve heard described as hypothermia. Confusion, dizziness, massive ringing in my ears, feeling like I was about to faint, desire to stay unclothed outside in the cold, etc.. My temperature had dropped to 94 when I measured it.

Dr Kruse has repeatedly stated CT is best at 50-55 deg and that anything colder is a risk. Obviously I didn’t follow the protocol, but....

Here’s my question: HOW do you all get your water to exactly 50-55 deg? My pool is my only available way to CT. I’m 6 ft 8, so I’m to big for my bathtub.

2. drezy

drezy Gold

Are you hydrating well prior to hopping in? I ran into a few issues with that.

My friend in Austin reports (gloats) his pool temperature every time he gets in. Seems like the water temperature should be around the 50s or high 40s for a small pool now. You may want to add a small thermometer to your kit.

3. MattD1995

MattD1995 New Member

I was very well hydrated. I’ve been drinking lots of reverse osmosis water + spring water for the last few weeks.

4. drezy

drezy Gold

That's odd.

I can speak for 3 people that have gone down to 44 for about 15 minutes at least 4-5 times each. We've only experienced issues with extremities getting too darn cold.