1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT is Fasted State Training

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by Barry, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Barry

Barry New Member

To continue my "Fasted State" training adaptations thread, there is something else which I have noticed that correlates with CT.

Doing ultra long distance, fasted state and minimal fueling exercise puts the body in a significant calorie deficit. As mentioned I have been doing this for years, yet my body weight has remained relatively stable, my LMM has increased and my BF % has reduced. Again, non-controlled, N=1, so no hard data to go on.

To put things into perspective, here's an example of one of my days

Wake: 7am

Breakfast : 2 x freshly ground coffee's

8am: pre race warm up run (1hr), easy jog over mountainous terrain

9.30 - 2pm: 52Km mountain ultra race, tough race over mountainous terrain, ran harder (i.e. at a higher threshold) than normal longer races

Result: 4th

Intake During: approx 500kcal

Post Race Intake: approx 2500kcal

Conservative Estimate of a 5.5hr mountain run EE = 3000kcal

Add BMR/PRAL of say 2000kcal and you have a total EE of ~5000kcal... and I still think thats conservative.

So intake for the day was roughly 3000kcal, expenditure was approx 2000kcal greater.... do the math !!

There has got to be some serious adaptation mechanisms possibly related to T3/T4 andd leptin going on ?