1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT if you are lean? Stem cell loss on CT?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Bastian, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Bastian

Bastian Freedom to change

Just wondering about effects of CT as I am quite lean, not much body fat at all.
    Anybody done a serious CT protocol being lean? Have been doing my own CT version (cold showers daily, sitting in a cold tub for 10-15mins 3-4x a week) for the last few months and about to start with CT prescription.
    I think I just go ahead and see how I feel. My concerns is loosing/killing too many fat cells, especially if stem cells are hiding in my subcutaneous fat cells as I have learned today. I take it my body would be wise enough to not kill fat cells that provide a safe haven for my stem cells or would the need to survive the cold overwrite that. Hmm? And if survival is paramount would CT then deplete my stem cells?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Sajid Mahmood likes this.
  2. Bastian

Any thoughts on CT potentially destroying stem cells?

3. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Great question! Interested to hear the answer too...

4. kris90

kris90 New Member

I think when you become super lean, CT just enhances autophagy. It activates the winter programs that favor autophagy versus apoptosis, so I don't think you need to worry about depleting stem cells. Ain't gonna happen, especially when you are employing a high seafood ketogenic diet. This pathway is designed for ultimate longevity. I would re-read CT-6 blog from start to finish and you'll understand the magic.

I'm quite lean also and do daily CT. Cold baths for 10-15 mins as yourself and cold showers too in addition to getting as much cold exposure per day as possible (i.e. sleeping with windows open, driving car with windows open, going out in minimal clothing, etc).

5. Bastian

I am with you Kris. Read CT6 a few times. The question arose in me when I heard Jack talk in the podcast with Aaron ( at 8:40) about the fact that our stem cells are located in our subcutaneous fat. If that is the case and CT burns our fat cells in order to create heat to survive it would follow that CT depletes our stem cells more quickly to stay alive. Just trying to figure out if I am missing something.

6. kris90

kris90 New Member

CT enhances autophagy. You won't deplete stem cells if you maximize autophagy. Winter and summer have different programs that keep us well.

7. shah78

shah78 Gold

human fat is not seal blubber. period ,end of story.

kris90 likes this.
  8. Bastian

"Leptin and IGF-1 are the mafia hit men of your fat cells in cold. They just melt your fat cells from your body, by killing them permanently!" this is from CT6 blog. Yes to increased autophagy in winter/via CT, but if WAT cells are destroyed thats irrelevant for those cells and if WAT houses stem cells they are gone!?

9. kris90

kris90 New Member

Dude, are you telling me CT is going to put you at 0% bodyfat?? Ya, not gonna happen.

I'm maintaining about 8-10% bodyfat doing all the CT I'm doing. That's like 12-16 lbs of fat mass where I bury my stem cell supply. Autophagy spares stem cells. You don't need to replace a bad engine when you can properly repair it.

Sajid Mahmood and Phosphene like this.
  10. axel brandt

axel brandt New Member

CT for weight loss is extremely effective, the problem is that it take you out of your "comfort zone"and people doesn´t like that. what about doing CT in Summer? Does it interfere with our Summer Program?

Phosphene likes this.
  11. kris90

kris90 New Member

No, but you don't need as much CT in summer when you have the power of the sun. A moderate temperature swimming pool or access to the ocean or lakes would be helpful for assimilating more UV light (i.e. soak, air-dry in sun, repeat).

12. kris90

kris90 New Member

CT makes your mitochondria release heat. That heat shrinks the MINOS to bring respiratory proteins closer together to improve quantum tunneling of electrons and protons. This creates a favorable thermodynamic environment for the cell to make energy. When a cell is making sufficient energy, why would it ever need to get taken out via apoptosis? You have to consider this.

Now, when gym rats exercise 24/7 in blue lit gyms sans UV and IR light, they create excessive singlet oxygen that destroys their cells, and that's when apoptosis would be used. When apoptosis is used, stem cells would be required to replace the bad cells, BUT, stem cells get programmed by the UV (laser) light we make endogenously from the UV+IR pinch effect on deuterium. Because modern gym rats cannot do this, they are pissing away their stem cells. Hence stem cell depletion despite looking good and healthy naked.

That is why CT is NOT hormetic. It does something special and it can sustain life for a LONG time. Cold is the primordial environment.

13. axel brandt

axel brandt New Member

stem cells get programmed by the UV (laser) light we make endogenously from the UV+IR pinch effect on deuterium............congratulations, that´s well ahead of my current knowledge, and I´m a MD that reads a lot !

Phosphene, drezy and kris90 like this.
  14. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Kris, you’ve GOT this stuff, and you can distill and explain. You’re going to be a fabulous health coach!

Edit: You already are a fabulous health coach. :thumbsup:

15. kris90

kris90 New Member

Thanks I really appreciate that!

Jim Laird and Sajid Mahmood like this.