1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT Frequency and Duration

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Greenie, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Greenie

Greenie New Member

I have been doing CT on a daily basis for a couple of months now. Session lengths vary between 10-30+ minutes. As much as CT has been incredibly helpful, just about everything has diminished returns after a certain point. I have wondered if there is a point of redundancy after a certain amount of time or if I should be leaving a day or more in between sessions.

As much as ideal balance depends on the individual, has anyone experimented with CT regarding frequency and effectiveness? I am curious to hear what your experiences have been.

2. Sandra

Sandra New Member

A couple of years ago I was CTing about 3-4 times a week at 10-12 degrees C, for about an hour each time. I didn't notice anything 'magical' except for great sleep and some reduction in some minor shoulder pain/inflammation. I was hoping my cellulite would disappear and I would turn into a super model ;) But, I also didn't have a lot of weight to lose or any bad diseases or ailments, so I'm not sure what else I should have been expecting to see. I did feel good though :)

Greenie likes this.
  3. Greenie

Greenie New Member

Thanks for the feedback, Sandra. Did you experiment with the duration at any point? If so, did you find an hour was more effective than less (or more) time?

4. Sandra

Sandra New Member

I didn't really experiment with different lengths of time. It took me 3-4 baths to work up to 1 hr, but then I just did an hour each time.

5. Wow, that’s a cold temp and a reasonable amount of ct and a pretty respectable duration. Did you reduce any cellulite? I’m just faffing around with face dunks but I’ve had visions of a leaner me when I get the courage to fully submerge.

6. shah78

shah78 Gold

Do more!! 2 -3 times a day, seven days a week. Shoot for 20-30 hrs a week. See what happens. good luck.

jwhb77 and drezy like this.
  7. drezy

drezy Gold

Yeah once you get adapted it's worth some experimentation

Similar results for my wife:
    weight loss and ease of control (after 3ish months) even though she only fluctuates 5 pounds from ideal at any given time
    Lifelong insomnia turn into good sleep (morning sun plays a big role here too)
    Moods got better and it's way easier to be married to her now

The timing of CT discovery was great too. Nearing our 15th anniversary it's nice to have a healthy vigorous partner in good moods in a solid marriage where we both (mostly) gave up trying to bend the other to our will and we're just chillin together now.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    Sandra, Da-mo, caroline and 2 others like this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I think smaller times 5-10 minutes stretched out when your not eating is the best.

jwhb77, Sandra, Brent Patrick and 4 others like this.
  9. Sandra

Sandra New Member

Didn't really notice any visual cellulite reduction. I didn't take measurements either so this is just anecdotal rather than specific unfortunately.

Susie Cahill likes this.
  10. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Lionel Messi

When’s the best time to do CT to help or improve sleep? A hour before bedtime?

11. Allin

Allin New Member

CT of short durations of 5-10 minutes when you are not eating is best, Reminds me of face dunking to turn on communication (dive reflex) from the nerves around your eyes to your gut and back. I usually drink about 500 ml cold water, then 40 minutes in cold pool (50-60 degrees) @9:00 am then an hour of sun after. Shorter duration multiple times brings what to the table? Longer duration brings what to the table? I need to give this idea more attention/thought. Am I doing a set of sprints/drag racing or running a mile/going 60 on the highway? I am going to mix it up but I am thinking I need to do more 40 minute sessions than the shorter ones.

jwhb77 likes this.
  12. shah78

shah78 Gold

Jack jarred my remory on this topic. For well over six months I only did twenty/twenty five minutes sessions. I would stay in the water till I started losing bodytemp. I'd do three or four a day somedays. eventually I got to thirty/forty minutes and eventually made it to over two hours. I forgot thee thermometer days.!
    Good luck.

13. Greenie

Greenie New Member

Thank you everyone for the feedback. Still experimenting with shorter durations (10-15 mins) done more frequently (daily) versus longer durations (30+mins) less frequently (2-3 times per week). One thing I have noticed is I feel as though a sort of internal heater turns on after about 12 minutes. At that time the feeling of the water, though unchanged in actual temperature, is warmer. Has anyone else experienced this sensation?

The notion that more of a good thing equals even better results, therefore more = better is a fallacy and an often dangerous one at that. I think most of us, if not all, have experienced this in one way or another, especially when we get excited by positive results. Over sharpening anything leads to its dulling. Knowing when to stop is at least as important in knowing when to start. Finding the balancing point is essential.

jwhb77 and Allin like this.