1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT for professional athletes??

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Jeanne, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Jeanne

Jeanne Gold

My son is a pro. baseball pitcher and is in his season now. He is experiencing some "tiredness" in his shoulder making it feel "heavy." He isn't hurting but it's early in the season and he feels like it is inflamed. He eats extremely healthy; ie no grains, no sugar, no sports drinks, etc. He takes curcumin, krill oil, coq10 to reduce inflammation. My question for anyone out there is this: would CT work for him? I recommended it to him and he's agreeable to trying it, although he's pretty cold sensitive (like his mom). Would icing the shoulder be good as much as he can? Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

2. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Brent Patrick and Jeanne like this.
  3. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Wearing a compression shirt helps if he is very sensitive to cold. (Ice packs or wraps on top of it)

Jeanne likes this.
  4. Jeanne

Jeanne Gold

Thanks Lahelada! He eats seafood as much as he can, however he's on the road 50% of the time and the team provides most of their meals. I follow Ben Greenfield, too! I think that's where I originally heard about Dr. Kruse.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Yes it would but he needs DHA and he needs to avoid blue light. Professional athletes are dubious users of blue light in the job and hobbies. This is why modern baseball pitchers can not do what Tom Seaver and Nolan Ryan once did. They are shells of their contemporaries because their environment today is radically altered.

6. Jeanne

Jeanne Gold

I do not disagree. He's on his iPhone all the time.

7. David Limacher

David Limacher Canadian Lifestyler

Why are the players in the NHL getting younger? Rinks are full of blue light and these guys fly a ton....I think it's becoming a young man's game due to default.
    I will say though my old teammate Chris Kunitz is doing pretty good at 36 but he is an exception.

Clayton and Jeanne like this.
  8. Jeanne

Jeanne Gold

Very true, David. Baseball is the same. Players drafted out of high school AND SO many players now in the MLB are from Cuba and The Domenican Republic. I wonder if the reason the foreign players seem to do so much better is their environment for the first 20 or so years of their life wasn't full of blue light and technology. My son has done well to this point, I think, because his diet growing up was much better than the ordinary. However, the constant blue light; hotel rooms, roommates keeping the TV on at night, awful food choices on the road, etc are taking it's toll. He's willing to do whatever he can but I just need to figure out what to recommend with these circumstances. If he doesn't have access to seafood, would fish oil or krill help?

9. Nittygrittydanny

Nittygrittydanny New Member

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...ue-jays-prospect-daniel-norris-lives-own-code

I hope he chooses to follow a path that gets him to a MLB mound.

I have a cousin who was being drooded over by pro baseball in highschool. 6'4" consistant 90+mph fastball that moved, while in JUCO was taught a slider that was a natural pitch for him. By the time he got to the summer wood bat leauge his sophmore season, his arm got tired, he rehabed, but like most kids he was up late, ate poor and his arm/shoulder never returned to what it was at 19 and he walked away from baseball.

Today he's an Army Ranger. In conversations I've had with him he says he doesn't regret walking away.

I hope your son goes as far in baseball as his heart desires and if the day comes where he knows it's time to pursue his next dream, he'll do so without hesitation.

Jeanne likes this.
  10. Jeanne

Jeanne Gold

Thanks, Danny! I love that story about Daniel Norris. Your Army Ranger cousin has my complete respect! In my opinion, that's an incredible accomplishment!

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Of course it is..........We are seeing this happen in front of our eyes and every one acts like it is normal..........IT IS NOT.

nonchalant and Jeanne like this.
  12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Today a story about Blake Bortles 3rd pick in the draft having a tired arm........= low DC current.

13. Fractality

Fractality New Member

If those stereotypical post-game icebaths are any indication, CT is being used in pro sports.

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

11/1/18: SF 49ers have sustained massive injuries this season, says Joe Buck............no shocker to me.