1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT Diminishing Returns

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Roger Seagunn, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Roger Seagunn

Roger Seagunn New Member

Question:
    I've been doing CT on and off for about 2 years now. It used to be when I got out I would feel like I had several cups of coffee (very high energy). I don't anymore. I Still feel the anti-inflammatory effects, but not the super-burst of energy I would. Do you think that I'm simply adapted to the level of cold? Similar to how you can adapt to a level of exercise a nd not endorphin-rush? Should I simply go deeper and colder? or should I start eating more of something/supplement to get the rush back?

2. kris90

kris90 New Member

It could be a sign of adaptation. I think you can only go so far with cold. If you need to raise your dopamine or get that adrenaline hit any higher, try other things. Do things that scare you or out of your ordinary. Take a different way home. Take a trip by yourself. Meet new people, etc.

The only other idea I have is if your environment changed. Always pay attention to changes occurring around you.

3. shah78

shah78 Gold

What is your routine that has stopped working? I think you need to go colder and / or longer. Eat lots more fish for a week. Good luck

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  4. Roger Seagunn

Roger Seagunn New Member

The water is about 40-45 degrees. I usually do 20m in a tub.Interestingly, I went full-body swimming in a cold pool that was opening up for spring a few weeks ago...it must have been in the 50s and I felt the rush again. Does it matter if the HEAD is under the water for the 'feel-good' hormones to come out more easily? I guess when I go longer, I have harder recovery times...but I don't seem any more euphoric XD. I will try though to push it harder this week (30m-45m).

5. @Roger Seagunn ...some days I do, some days I don't.

Same with the Sun too, strong AM Sun can give me that rush, goosebumps and amazing feeling, but generally it doesn't do much but make me feel chilled and content.

I'm not sure "chasing" euphoria is a wise path to take. But I have definitely chased before, several times... who wouldn't want to feel like that all the time?

But I think that's the deal - it wouldn't be productive or beneficial or probably that nice either... bit like Chocolate Cake... its good for a while, then you can start to have enough. Better in small, sporadic doses.

Lahelada likes this.