1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT before breakfast

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Sajid Mahmood, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Administrator

Hello Dr Jack Kruse

Considering CT increases cortisol, would it be a bad idea to CT before breakfast? You’ve warned us not to exercise before breakfast due to high cortisol in the AM.

.”Remember that cortisol is highest in the AM to allow us to wake up. If you exercise before breakfast you are risking elevating your cortisol even higher. This will cause a pregnenolone steal syndrome and ruin your hormonal response that controls your lean muscle mass and fat ratios and eventually your body composition. If you continue to do this over time, it will slow your protein synthesis that occurs later in the afternoon and evening, that increases your body comp. Moreover, it will also ruin your sleep cycle (checked by having low DHEA levels) and you risk being in an overtrained situation. I think this is the biggest error I see in the paleo community because they are trying to fit their “neolithic life” into their day best from a time stand point. My advice is don’t even try it.”

Thank You Dr Jack Kruse

drezy likes this.