1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum. After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum. Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis. Sorry for the Inconvenience, but we hope you understand that this is needed to prevent the community from being ridden with malicious users!

CT bad for increasing Muscle Mass

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by cap, Feb 6, 2017.

1. JanSz

JanSz Silver

That is good pov.
    The way I am thinking, number of known and often advertised items have some content that is helpful health vise.

Maca is outer layer of nutmeg fruit.
    People think of maca as a healthful but nutmeg is a spice.
    Both have Myristic Acid, nutmeg likely more than maca.

Another saw palmetto β-sitosterol
    Saw Palmetto berries contain an oil with a variety of fatty acids and phytosterols.
    These fatty acids include capric, caprylic, caproic, lauric, palmitic, and oleic acid and their ethyl esters.
    ------------------------------

What happen when you look at them all for fatty acids content they place on the top of what is analyzed by

Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum

(And I am mostly short on all of them).
    Possibly others are also short, just not many people do these tests.

Octanoic Acid, C8:0
    Decenoic Acid, C10:1
    Decanoic Acid, C10:0 (capric acid)
    Lauric Acid, C12:0
    Lauroleic Acid, C12:1
    Tetradecadienoic Acid, C14:2
    Myristoleic Acid, C14:1
    Myristic Acid, C14:0
    Hexadecadienoic Acid, C16:2
    Hexadecenoic Acid, C16:1w9
    Palmitoleic Acid, C16:1w7
    Palmitic Acid, C16:0
  2. Samy Colddigger

Samy Colddigger New Member

I still think your confusing Maca (a route aka Peruvian Ginseng) with mace...a common spice used for cooking but not well know in the west for other uses.
  3. Samy Colddigger

Sha man are you talking the spice or the root? Im confused as hell here....I know black maca makes me feel great provided im getting sunlight
  4. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Personally my interest in parsing this discussion is only as far as it helps me raise the fatty acids I listed in post #21 above.
    I could use help.
    But I am in the camp that @shah78 described sufficiently:
    "no further analysis required. and far less typing"
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    shah78 likes this.
  5. shah78

shah78 Gold

I'm assuming that I'm ingesting ground up maca root.
  6. Samy Colddigger

I hate typing too, and reading on a computer. Hopefully this post is not superfluous

So if you want Mystric acid....... use Nutmeg not Maca (Peruvian Ginseng). Even Mace is not nearly as high in Myristic Acid, as you noted. I think you understand this but this might help anyone who reads the blog and gets confused.

This link has a table comparing Mace and nutmeg. Mace analysis tested as 8 % Mystiric acid and Nutmeg a whopping 55%
    https://www.researchgate.net/public...acids_in_Myristica_fragrans_and_its_wild_taxa

Maca seems pretty awesome too, not surprising as it grows an amazing location as far as light, water and magnetism go (Peruvian highlands)

With regards to Maca route......I found this little write up from this site http://www.medicinehunter.com/maca-and-sex

"A number of holistic and complementary medical doctors in the US, from general practitioners to psychitarists, are using maca with a variety of patients. Menopausal women experience relief of various uncomfortable symptoms of menopause. Both men and women report a significant boost in libido. And a number of men who have suffered from erectile dysfucntion have improved, as a result of taking maca. One New York psychiatrist I know recommends maca to those who take Prozac. That anti-depressant often sends libido plummeting, and he finds that maca brings it back. It takes many years to inculcate a plant medicine into a large number of medical practices, but with maca this process is happening."

Also, Fatty Acid content of Maca root from .....http://www.inkanat.com/en/maca/maca.pdf

Monounsaturated (c/s)
    13,4%
    Omega 9c: Oléico
    13,4%
    Polyunsaturated (c/s)
    52,8%
    Omega 6 c: linoleic
    40%
    Omega 3: alpha linoleic
    12,8%
    Saturated
    33,8%
    palmitic
    25,4%
    stearic
    3,8%
    Henicosan
    2,0%
    Behenic
    1,4%
    Lignorceric
    1,2%
    Ratio: saturated/unsaturated
    source:
    Interlabor Belp SA, Suiza 2001
  7. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Thank you for the nutmeg/maca input.
    The whole project looks like this.
    I would like to have name of the food or spice next to each line.
    More than one source if possible.
    Specially important are items with negative %Status (right column),

The %Status numbers are my current status, per February/2017 blood draw.

My current big win is that all numbers are no more than double digits.
    But still long way to go.
    5 years ago I had +303.33 of EPA (of course).

upload_2017-4-6_13-31-10.png
    Samy Colddigger likes this.
  8. Samy Colddigger

Wowza! Do you eat pork or other land animal fats? Surprised DPA is low? Also AA?! Dont blame you if you dont, hard to find quality stuff that you can be sure is not tainted with wonderful things like Glysphosphate.

So are we capable of synthesizing most of these rare FAs I have never heard of.... given optimal health? Or do we need more of it from the diet now bc of increased ubiquitination from all the lovely things in the evironment?

Thanks for sharing, going to get my act together and get fatty acid analysis myself and gf.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Silver

I eat everything.
    AA will get better after I am able kill some more of EPA, it is work in progress.

That EPA at 303.33 % status was not the worst I ever had,
    It was worse than that, but I was using blood test that kept high levels covered. (sounds familiar??)

10. cap

cap New Member

I love Maca... And I believe my original post has deviated on quite a tangent. More thoughts confirming/disproving that CT is detrimental for Muscle Hypertrophy and Muscle Mass (not asking about CT's health benefits)?
  11. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

I've had nothing but wonderful results building muscle with CT and the same goes for my 58 year old brother. Neither of us train nearly as often as we used to. I only train 1 or two hours a week now and the same goes for him. There's just no need to. I could train less than that I suppose, but I actually enjoy my training outdoors.:thumbsup:
  12. cap

cap New Member

I wonder if you have gained muscle or simply just have that illusion from either losing fat (becoming leaner) or having your skin tighter from the CT. Usually when people or bodybuilders "bulk" or put on muscle they look worse until they lose some fat afterwards and then the illusion makes them appear "more jacked"