1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum. After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum. Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis. Sorry for the Inconvenience, but we hope you understand that this is needed to prevent the community from being ridden with malicious users!

CT bad for increasing Muscle Mass

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by cap, Feb 6, 2017.

1. JanSz

JanSz Silver

That is good pov.
    The way I am thinking, number of known and often advertised items have some content that is helpful health vise.

Maca is outer layer of nutmeg fruit.
    People think of maca as a healthful but nutmeg is a spice.
    Both have Myristic Acid, nutmeg likely more than maca.

Another saw palmetto β-sitosterol
    Saw Palmetto berries contain an oil with a variety of fatty acids and phytosterols.
    These fatty acids include capric, caprylic, caproic, lauric, palmitic, and oleic acid and their ethyl esters.
    ------------------------------

What happen when you look at them all for fatty acids content they place on the top of what is analyzed by

Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum

(And I am mostly short on all of them).
    Possibly others are also short, just not many people do these tests.

Octanoic Acid, C8:0
    Decenoic Acid, C10:1
    Decanoic Acid, C10:0 (capric acid)
    Lauric Acid, C12:0
    Lauroleic Acid, C12:1
    Tetradecadienoic Acid, C14:2
    Myristoleic Acid, C14:1
    Myristic Acid, C14:0
    Hexadecadienoic Acid, C16:2
    Hexadecenoic Acid, C16:1w9
    Palmitoleic Acid, C16:1w7
    Palmitic Acid, C16:0
  2. Samy Colddigger

Samy Colddigger New Member

I still think your confusing Maca (a route aka Peruvian Ginseng) with mace...a common spice used for cooking but not well know in the west for other uses.
  3. Samy Colddigger

Sha man are you talking the spice or the root? Im confused as hell here....I know black maca makes me feel great provided im getting sunlight
  4. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Personally my interest in parsing this discussion is only as far as it helps me raise the fatty acids I listed in post #21 above.
    I could use help.
    But I am in the camp that @shah78 described sufficiently:
    "no further analysis required. and far less typing"
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Rocky and shah78 like this.
  5. shah78

shah78 Gold

I'm assuming that I'm ingesting ground up maca root.
    Rocky likes this.
  6. Samy Colddigger

I hate typing too, and reading on a computer. Hopefully this post is not superfluous

So if you want Mystric acid....... use Nutmeg not Maca (Peruvian Ginseng). Even Mace is not nearly as high in Myristic Acid, as you noted. I think you understand this but this might help anyone who reads the blog and gets confused.

This link has a table comparing Mace and nutmeg. Mace analysis tested as 8 % Mystiric acid and Nutmeg a whopping 55%
    https://www.researchgate.net/public...acids_in_Myristica_fragrans_and_its_wild_taxa

Maca seems pretty awesome too, not surprising as it grows an amazing location as far as light, water and magnetism go (Peruvian highlands)

With regards to Maca route......I found this little write up from this site http://www.medicinehunter.com/maca-and-sex

"A number of holistic and complementary medical doctors in the US, from general practitioners to psychitarists, are using maca with a variety of patients. Menopausal women experience relief of various uncomfortable symptoms of menopause. Both men and women report a significant boost in libido. And a number of men who have suffered from erectile dysfucntion have improved, as a result of taking maca. One New York psychiatrist I know recommends maca to those who take Prozac. That anti-depressant often sends libido plummeting, and he finds that maca brings it back. It takes many years to inculcate a plant medicine into a large number of medical practices, but with maca this process is happening."

Also, Fatty Acid content of Maca root from .....http://www.inkanat.com/en/maca/maca.pdf

Monounsaturated (c/s)
    13,4%
    Omega 9c: Oléico
    13,4%
    Polyunsaturated (c/s)
    52,8%
    Omega 6 c: linoleic
    40%
    Omega 3: alpha linoleic
    12,8%
    Saturated
    33,8%
    palmitic
    25,4%
    stearic
    3,8%
    Henicosan
    2,0%
    Behenic
    1,4%
    Lignorceric
    1,2%
    Ratio: saturated/unsaturated
    source:
    Interlabor Belp SA, Suiza 2001
  7. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Thank you for the nutmeg/maca input.
    The whole project looks like this.
    I would like to have name of the food or spice next to each line.
    More than one source if possible.
    Specially important are items with negative %Status (right column),

The %Status numbers are my current status, per February/2017 blood draw.

My current big win is that all numbers are no more than double digits.
    But still long way to go.
    5 years ago I had +303.33 of EPA (of course).

upload_2017-4-6_13-31-10.png
    Rocky and Samy Colddigger like this.
  8. Samy Colddigger

Wowza! Do you eat pork or other land animal fats? Surprised DPA is low? Also AA?! Dont blame you if you dont, hard to find quality stuff that you can be sure is not tainted with wonderful things like Glysphosphate.

So are we capable of synthesizing most of these rare FAs I have never heard of.... given optimal health? Or do we need more of it from the diet now bc of increased ubiquitination from all the lovely things in the evironment?

Thanks for sharing, going to get my act together and get fatty acid analysis myself and gf.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Silver

I eat everything.
    AA will get better after I am able kill some more of EPA, it is work in progress.

That EPA at 303.33 % status was not the worst I ever had,
    It was worse than that, but I was using blood test that kept high levels covered. (sounds familiar??)

Rocky likes this.
  10. cap

cap New Member

I love Maca... And I believe my original post has deviated on quite a tangent. More thoughts confirming/disproving that CT is detrimental for Muscle Hypertrophy and Muscle Mass (not asking about CT's health benefits)?
  11. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

I've had nothing but wonderful results building muscle with CT and the same goes for my 58 year old brother. Neither of us train nearly as often as we used to. I only train 1 or two hours a week now and the same goes for him. There's just no need to. I could train less than that I suppose, but I actually enjoy my training outdoors.:thumbsup:
  12. cap

cap New Member

I wonder if you have gained muscle or simply just have that illusion from either losing fat (becoming leaner) or having your skin tighter from the CT. Usually when people or bodybuilders "bulk" or put on muscle they look worse until they lose some fat afterwards and then the illusion makes them appear "more jacked"
  13. Mystic Rose60

Cap, it's all muscle growth and the majority of it is in my glutes, quads and hamstrings. I had to increase my pant size from a 4/6 to a 7/8 and yes, my skin is pretty tight from the CT. But it's a combination of CT, a lot of DHA the first two years of my journey and no longer over training in a toxic blue light gym, but being connected to the sun and earth instead, minimal amount of training. That also includes training in the winter in Michigan, out in the snow and only wearing shorts, cami and moccasins and wool gloves. Then I would bury myself in the snow for 15 or 20 minutes, naked!

Have you done your own experiment yet using CT to help increase your muscle mass?

mito10.jpg
  14. cap

cap New Member

Very nice, glad you are observing complimentary benefits. I Will need a cold vacation to try that Snow hack.

For me I have not noticed any noticeable bodycomposition changes directly from CT, other then of course that short term benefit of looking extra shredded with tight skin when I walk back to my towel on the beach.
    Mystic Rose60 likes this.
  15. Mystic Rose60

Hi Cap! How long have have you been doing CT and have you been consistent at it? That has been the key for me in obtaining so many wonderful results from my CT sessions, being so consistent. I did not do this for the gains though, but they just happened over a two year period of time. I have been doing this to help lower my heteroplasmy rate. Healthwise, I was in big trouble and I knew that if I continued to be in denial of my health issues and kept living my former insane lifestyle, I wouldn't be around much longer. My blood platelets were clumping, badly and there were a multitude of other health issues that needed to be addressed as well. Clearly, all of my quality food and supplements were not working for me and I know that my genuine intentions to heal were what led me to Jack. To make a long story short and I haven't looked back.

Just get out in nature and connect and be consistent with it Cap. Your health is in your hands and it depends on you to do it. The best to you!:thumbsup:
  16. cap

cap New Member

Just curious about all the Sun exposure from a long time member here like yourself, do you think it makes the skin appear to be more aged? can't help but wonder with all the hysteria around it and the liberal exposure I have been giving my skin the last 2 years. I have employed consistent CT off an on for the last 2 years, it is hard to see muscle mass wise any differences but I am pretty convinced it has provided other benefits for me for example making my back feel a bit relaxed. I have had 2 hernias (L4-L5, and L5-S1) but still plenty of CT and sun has not seemed to fix it (unfortunately it has become worse over these 2.5 years since I have had it). I am fearing that I will need surgery before it get's too bad and I won't have youth on my side... I understand Jack talks about "biohacking your MRI" but from the blog post I still don't quite know the practical implications...I have certainly given CT a go but it certainly hasn't been a cure, more-so just temporary relief. Any knowledge, tips or trick you have I would love to hear it all!
    Mystic Rose60 likes this.
  17. drezy

drezy Gold

@cap

If you're still in your 20's or early 30's you're falling part too fast. You seem like a cool guy, so I'm going to put on my cool guy hat here after I blow off all the dust.

Nothing I write here is intended as insult, but instead as how I would care for you if you were my son or if I were your Tyler Durden (Fight Club — watch it). So this all comes from my heart, which was raised gruff people. If I seem gruff it’s only because my people are gruff for the people we care about.

First, to address one of your previous questions that seemed to go unanswered: The best EMF shield for your phone, other than being thrown out or in a bucket of water, is about 50+ yards distance. I keep my phone as far away as I can hear it. Actually if you put an EMF shield on it, it would send out MORE EMF to compensate and try to reach a connection with the towers. That’s a losing game.

Also you seem fascinated with gaining muscle mass while your discs are herniating. That’s some 20 year old thinking right there. I’m not here to knock it either, few here know that even though I’m 40, I once had 20 thinking too! Shhhh. It’s true don’t tell anyone. I think that maybe it’s time to downsize yourself while your back is in repair. Get the rest of this right and there's time-a-plenty for you. Here is a 57 year old Bill Pearl(oldest Mr. Universe winner) BTW:

[​IMG]

We are surrounded by many others so if my advice is horrendously bad, I’ll be corrected by the crowd here and being wrong can often be the most informative path. Here goes. If you were completely within my legal control and money weren’t an issue I’d pack you on a chopper, fly you to a desolate high up mesa in the middle of nowhere with great UV exposure. It would have a small cave, all of the Jack’s recommended books (in audio form too), a large supply of spring water, and a chilled 1.5 month supply of oysters and bone broth(your connective tissues are begging for this). Except I’d let you know that your stay would be 2 months, not 1.5 (I’m a fan of intermittent fasting). My own lack of imagination rules out a CT option for now, but I’d add that as a requirement if I could. Maybe only 45 min of CT unlocks oyster and bone broth rations for a day.

Am I writing way over the top bombastically here? Yeah, we don’t exist in that made-up reality. Do I think it would help you nonetheless? Yep. Why? With your issues at your age your environment is diminishing you somehow as well as your diet. Unless you have a long line of ancestors that only made it to 40, something is up with your environment and what you’re eating(only because the environment has weakened you to that point).

To, again, be clear, this is meant with all due respect to you.
    Brent Patrick and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  18. CTforlife

CTforlife New Member

CT directly helped in building my muscle mass and retaining it throughout my life.
    drezy likes this.
  19. drezy

drezy Gold

@CTforlife , that's like the most on target and purest thing I've ever seen you write. I like your progression of style as well as your defense of CT. That there is Hemingway material!
  20. shah78

shah78 Gold

Find a good neuromuscular or neurosomatic theraapist in your area. For well under $1k they can get you out of pain. CT plus good bodywork for the win. I can help you find a good local therapist if you wish.
    drezy likes this.