1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT at night- monitoring skin

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by LieselK, Feb 23, 2018.

1. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

This seems like a dumb question, but if you do your CT before bed, how are you monitoring your skin color with blue-blockers on??? Are you relying on skin temp via a skin thermometer then?

2. Allin

Allin New Member

drezy and LieselK like this.
  3. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

4. drezy

drezy Gold

If you have a boy in the house you'll want to get extra batteries for the laser temperature unit and maybe the warranty. If you also have a cat you may want to just go ahead and get a cheap laser pointer for the kid along with this so that can take the beating.

If you have a husband in the house it's all but inevitable that this will, at some point, be self administered on or in the front of trousers and a statement like "Hey baby it's heating up over here." will be made. That's guy playbook 101.

Da-mo likes this.
  5. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Oh good grief... the shopping list is getting longer... :p Thanks for your insight drezy!

6. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

They are handy for cooking, electrical and car troubleshooting too.

Was using mine yesterday on the car after bleeding the cooling system. Came inside and compared my own temperature with the Mrs' so could then objectively say, "I'm way hotter than you".

drezy likes this.
  7. drezy

drezy Gold

I'm telling you it's the Y chromosome. If a male chimp got it's hands on one of those units it'd end up pointing it at itself and laughing that funny chimp chuckle. I can guarantee it.

8. Allin

Allin New Member

That is why you need one which has this higher range so your crotch won't spontaneously catch on fire. You will have to waste a good Shiner Bock if that happens.

drezy likes this.
  9. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

@drezy Got my thermometer today and have hidden it from everyone else in the house! lol I love it! It's so fun! Got a new record under my belt for CT at 20 min tonight too! :thumbsup:

10. drezy

drezy Gold

1. smart move hiding the thermometer
    2. awesome on the CT!
    For what it's worth the effects of CT 3x/week took my wife 2.5 months to notice. Meaning I got 3 "I don't think it's working" statements per week! The woman was simply tenacious in both discrediting CT but luckily continuing so that she could continue discrediting it to me.

Luckily along with MTHF gene "deficiencies" I'm also "deficient" in whatever gene makes you give a flying sh*t about what anyone else thinks. Apparently sunlight doesn't fix that one... So after 2.5 months of me telling her "Ok then get out and let me continue to lose weight and body shape up."

She stopped telling me I was wrong at 2.5 months. And everyone (woman or man) who's married knows that when your spouse stops telling you you're wrong might as well be a billboard taken out that says you're right.

Since then I've even witnessed my wife kick her own child out of the cold tub because he was "in there long enough"

That's my $0.02 on CT for women.

LieselK likes this.
  11. drezy

drezy Gold

Oh also you and my wife are both thin frame + hyperthyroid for what that's worth.

LieselK likes this.