1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT and panic attacks

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by MSH, Nov 29, 2016.

1. MSH

MSH New Member

With the increase in norepinephrine brought on by doing CT, would it be counter productive/ induce panic for someone who has panic attack disorder?

I saw that Jack wrote, " Cold water immersion at 14°C increased metabolic rate by 350%, norepinephrine by 530% & dopamine by 250%. Wow."

I'm really eager to start CT but definitely don't want to aggravate my panic disorder.

Thanks.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

High temps aggravate it not low temps.........they cool inflammation down

3. MSH

MSH New Member

So the increase in norepinephrine won't bring on a panic attack? Sounds like I need a better explanation of what causes panic attacks than what I've been given by the doctors.

Thanks

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You do..........and NE is not the problem. In my opinion, panic attacks and flicker of modern lights are the major issue.
    Fluorescent light is four to six more efficient than an ordinary light bulb! so are the LED's in TV's and this is why Obama got the nation to stop using analog signals and began pushing LCD and LED under the guise to save energy. All TV's and technology screens are supreme blu elight flicker creators. This is why John Ott's Sarasota scholl experiment was so beneficial to teachers. If you don't know about the experiment read Helath and Light by Ott. You'll begin to see why you panic. If you ask them how to calm students they will tell you turning off the fluorescent lights is the best way to do it. Turning off the TV, video games, and laptops also works.

If you live in Europe you gave more to worry about with these lights because of the oscilaltions of their power grid and how they can interfere with mitochondrial oscillations in the retina to ruin melanopsin and retinol coupling to cause higher heteroplasmy rates.

Fluorescent tubes flash at twice the main frequency (100 Hz in Europe). With
    aging, 50-Hz brightness modulation appears. A survey of fluorescent tubes used in most hospitals
    showed that 42% exhibited brightness modulation up to a depth of 20% or
    occasionally 30%.

For any color changing system you have three different LED's today, a red, a green and a blue LED, and the intensity of these three colored channels has to be changed in order to achieve different color use, which is perceived by the retina in the end. The control of the intensity output of an LED is realized in a digital manner because it's very difficult to have a low intensity in many different steps.

The dimming of LEDs is realized by a so-called pulse-width modulation, which means the LEDs switch on to the full intensity and then they fully switch off, and then they switch on again. So we have the constant on and off in frequencies, which are higher than our eyes are able to discriminate. But on the cellular level, it is still perceivable for the cells.

This causes a flicker, which is not perceivable for let's say 90 percent of the population. But it's still biologically active. And flicker is something that is very harmful to your biology.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4038456/

You've likely experienced this if you're old enough to recall the older TVs that had a very visible and intense flicker. Modern flat screens do not have this perceptible flicker, but they're still switching on and off below your ability to perceive it. What is affected by it is the coupling of melanopsin and retinol. Melanopsin works directly with the Vitamin A cycle (retinol) in the retina and in the brain at places like the paraventricular nucleus and amygdala to cause stress, fear, anxiety and panic. This occurs because the input to the amygdala is affects by the central retinaol pathways to allow neurons from the non visual imaging pathways to create a timing mechanism to tell the amygdala and para ventricular nucleus the proper information about the photoperiod of the environment. When this system does not get proper information anxiety and panic are the result. This is one of the cornerstones of how the "eye clock" forms the gears of time within the human brain. Vitamin A coupled cycling in the brain helps set the molecular clocks to fine tune the timing mechanisms of the light induced circadian rhythms.

Scientists are now trying to develop systems capable of transmitting information via high-frequency flicker in the LED lighting to replace the wireless LAN system. This is a very bad idea, from a health perspective because of how melanopsin couples to retinal, RXR, VDR, and DHA in the retina.

I call these LEDs/modern lighting Trojan horses because they appear so practical to us. They appear to have so many advantages. They save energy; are solid state and very robust because they last so long. So we invited them into our homes wothout asking any biologic questions. But we are not aware that they have many stealth health-robbing properties, which are harmful to your biology, harmful to your mental health, harmful to your retinal health, and also harmful to your hormonal or endocrine health because of the effect on the central retinal pathways. This is where your anxiety and panic come from.

Unfortunately, the use of LEDs has been mandated by federal policy in both the U.S. and much of Europe, in an attempt to conserve energy. While inarguably effective in that regard, the biological impact of these bulbs has been completely ignored, and by mandating them, options have been restricted. This means they are ubiquitous in their range and effect........blaming cold or NE is very disingenuous and shows a complete lack of understanding of light in my opinion. ​

Brent Patrick, brandie, drezy and 2 others like this.
  5. MSH

MSH New Member

Wow! Thank you for the in depth reply!

I find this exciting and know it must be true because of personal experience. I would tell my doctors that I know that it sounds weird but they often start with changes in light. They would always look at me like I had a third eye! Over time of them dismissing this phenomena they finally convinced me that there wasn't a connection but all in my head.

This is exciting stuff!!! Thank you!!!

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The Synonyms of Sickness:

Pseudohypoxia = low O2 = Low NAD+/NADH ratio = NAD+ drops in people with blue light exposure = elevated ubiquitin rates = low levels of electrons = electron density in tissues is a function of the DHA concentrations = low EZ size in cell water = dehydration = higher positive charges (protons) in proteins making them less hydrophilic = low intracellular pH = low redox potential = cell and mitochondrial swelling (cyto c release) = lowered magnetic and electric fields in mitochondria = low ATP levels = a lot of carbs and protein electrons on ECT = altered serotonin and dopamine levels in the frontal lobes = NT release tied to calcium efflux = calcium controls voltage gated channels, NMDA, and glutamate excitotoxicity= low DC electric current = low tissue DHA = altered perceptions of reality and depression/anxiety/ PANIC

7. MSH

MSH New Member

Nice! I do appreciate your time!

I feel better now about starting CT and am looking forward to what I will discover.

Thank you sir!

8. MSH

MSH New Member

Something else I might add that seems odd with regards to my panic attacks is that they didn't start until I quit cold-turkey using caffeine. My doctors said there was no connection between the two. But, without a doubt they started almost immediately after stopping caffeine ( I consumed large amounts of caffeine thru coffee, tea, & Dr. Pepper).

The first time I quit and I started experiencing the PA's I didn't know what was happening to me, I thought I was dying! So after a few weeks I couldn't take it and started back drinking coffee and they quit almost immediately!

But, the symptoms that urged me to quit caffeine in the first place started up again ( digestive issues and heart palpitations) so I quit again, and sure enough the PA's started back again and this time they were worse! Anytime I would have caffeine the PA's would stop but always within 3 days of stopping my PA's would come back with a vengeance!

I bit the bullet and quit for good knowing that although the PA's made me feel like I was going to die they couldn't kill me, so I endured all the while seeing all sorts of doctors and getting no answers. I was having multiple daily episodes for a little over two years. Now, in about my fourth year I still have them but only occasionally, but even that is more than enough!

I have talked to others on forums who experienced the exact same thing after quitting caffeine and like me their doctors had no answer except, " here, try this pill ."

Is there an answer as to why this happens and what does one do to overcome/fix it?

Thanks

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

There is
    http://humancentriclighting.org/about-us/
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/low-cortisol-levels.14194/page-55#post-203659

Light timing, spectra and intensity is being managed with a goal to reinforce Circadian rhythm.
    Indeed LED is being used as a light, so flicker problem will still exist,
    but
    in some applications the light from LED goes thru sheet of quantum dots,.
    Not sure if those quantum dots modify flickering, but they modify color to be similar to incandescent lamps..
    Not sure if there is awareness that flickering may cause problems to some people.

Any comments? @Jack Kruse

Another question.
    Electrical frequency can easily be modified.
    If 2x50=100Hz is problematic (for mitochondria) and 2x60=120Hz is somewhat less problematic,
    how about converting frequency to some that is not hurtful.
    Is there any frequency that you guess may be least hurtful?

//

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

http://spectrum.ieee.org/nanoclast/...nable-next-generation-of-led-lighting-systems
    Quantum Dots Enable Next Generation of LED Lighting Systems

With Samsung’s first quantum dot televisions shipping last month, production is being ramped up and the decade-and-a-half of promise appears to be coming true. Now researchers at the University of Hiroshima in Japan have used silicon-based quantum dots for a type of light-emitting diode (LED) that promises to revolutionize lighting systems. The Japanese researchers have fabricated a hybrid inorganic/organic LED that produces white-blue electroluminescence using quantum dots. This white-blue electroluminescence LED promises a next-generation of illumination for flexible lighting and displays.

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

13. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I cannot say for sure but I think CT increased my sympathetic tone (bad). I have autonomic problems and my dry mouth was WAY worse after CT.

However we are all different, something to look out for.

14. CTforlife

CTforlife New Member

CT in any context is never bad. NEVER

15. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

You seem too certain and I do not think this is true. I would encourage people to not blindly CT just because and instead monitor their health changes when doing it.

16. CTforlife

CTforlife New Member

CT is the only thing worth doing. In this world.......................

17. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

2deep4me

18. CTforlife

CTforlife New Member

The reason I said this sean and believe it to be true is that the cold has always got us back into the light. Society as a whole is calling the sun the devil, while worshiping technology. So I will be very fucking cold until the day the nnemf turns off and I can finally step into the light..... And absorb it........................................................... Right now trying to get sun in the city is like trying use heat to make icecubes... Not only stupid but a waste of time... Now you know why I said what I said. Was that deep enough ?

19. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

We need to go ... deeper.

JK. No doubt CT has benefits if you can handle it however that won't be the case for everyone. Also why not CT and get light ? In some cities it will be not so good with the nnEMF however in most cases light will have significant benefits.

20. CTforlife

CTforlife New Member

CT is the case for everyone.