1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT and intermittent fasting - best practices?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by JKLearner123, Jun 10, 2017.

1. JKLearner123

JKLearner123 New Member

Are there any "best practices/methods" of combining cold thermogenesis with intermittent fasting? Can they be combined for greater health benefits? Does CT enhance or hinder the positive effects of IF?

Is there a best time of the day to do CT in relation to fasting? For example, would it be best to do CT before, during, and/or after IF refeeding? Thanks for any comments.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I, for one, would like to see your face......

3. JKLearner123

JKLearner123 New Member

OK, done.

caroline likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks! your eye was freaking me out! JK does like to see a human face.........

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

BTW - Jack will not be happy with the sunglasses - just saying.......

ScottishEmma likes this.
  6. JKLearner123

JKLearner123 New Member

OK. I no longer wear them, based on what JK has said about sun exposure, and getting sunlight in to my eyeballs between 6 and 9 AM. I'm finding it challenging to get 5-7 hours of general sunlight exposure though. Any tips about this, and also, any tips about CT & IF 'combo'? Thanks a lot.

caroline likes this.
  7. Benny Hammond

Benny Hammond New Member

I have been doing my CT around solar noon. I roll the chest out in the sun and try to grab as many photons as possible. As far as being timed with eating before or after, I feel better doing CT on an empty stomach. But I usually just generally feel better on an empty stomach. Hopefully someone around here has some solid answers for you. Although I think you might want to try it out different ways and report back.

drezy and JKLearner123 like this.
  8. Jason Coates

Jason Coates Losing the Shade.

IF should be the space between sunset & sunrise.

JKLearner123 likes this.
  9. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

10. htw

htw New Member

hahhahaha :)

I do IF (KETO) and CT, I feel great :)

drezy and JKLearner123 like this.
  11. drezy

drezy New Member

If you have no debilitating issues then go try out a few combinations.

In general I'd rather find something thats 90% optimal and fits my habit set and lifestyle than focus much on a 100% optimal solution that I don't have time for yet.

I understand that. I try to at least get the morning IR and some solar noon light. I used to use dminder to remind me, but I think it's built into my habits now.

I just tell people I talked to a neurosurgeon and he told me I've got a condition where I need morning and solar noon light otherwise I deteriorate. Give it a try while everyone else self identifies with their disease as their badge you'll fit right in except your condition is the human condition. Maybe you'll even lure a few people outside with you.

EDIT: There are also tan through t-shirts. If you can't increase time you could use these to increase surface area exposed during lunch break walks.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    ScottishEmma and JKLearner123 like this.