1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT and Appetite Reduction Question

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by AdamF, May 9, 2017.

1. AdamF

AdamF New Member

Dr. Kruse,

I started on a disciplined CT regimen last week using mostly your Quick Start guide; face dunks to start prepping for more intense stuff and taking cold showers for 5 - 10 minutes.

By the end of the week, I was doing 5 minutes' worth of breath holds in sub-40 degree water and feeling great, and got the shower temperature down around 55 degrees.

Around days 6-7, I just stopped feeling hungry and stopped feeling the need to eat almost at all. (Feeling better than in a very long time and circadian rhythm massively improved). This coincided with a full day of sunlight after starting the CT.

Diet is legitimate epi-paleo (Kombu/Kelp, sea vegetables, salmon and/or oysters daily, the whole deal.)

Question is: When I feel like this, should I make myself eat some epi-paleo meals or should I go with the instinct to fast?

32 Year Old Male, no history of any of the major diseases to speak of. I can definitely stand to lose some weight (mostly around the midsection), but I'm not considered obese by any stretch, if this helps.

- Adam

2. brent-next

brent-next Gold

I have noticed that a day of strong sunshine definitely reduces my appetite and seemingly my need to eat as I have lots of energy.

Do you have a blood ketone meter? In my experience, being in ketosis also reduces my appetite, so it's a lot easier to eat right when my blood ketones are more than 1.0 mmol/l .

3. shah78

shah78 Gold

55 degree showers. WOW :)

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Mitchell97 and drezy like this.