1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT and allergies

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Pardus, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Pardus

Pardus New Member

Hi all,

When I got to the office on friday, one of my co-workers was wearing a really strong perfume which made my nose runny and my eyes water. It was a pretty bad reaction.

I decided to go outside and get some fresh air. It was around 25F, a little windy but not too bad so I went without a jacket and took a walk until my symptoms disappeared, about 30 minutes.

When I came back into the office, I could still smell the strong perfume, but my allergic reaction didn't return!

Anyone else notice their allergies improve with CT? This might be useful with spring and the coming allergy season...

2. Lahrie

Lahrie New Member

That's great to hear! I was hoping it would have some benefit for allergies too!

I added face dunks back in to my cold baths. It seems to make my sinuses drain more efficiently. For years the cycle has been allergies-plugged sinuses-infection-antibiotics. Repeat for several years. Then, have surgery-nasal spray steroids/allergy Rx-start cycle over again. I do not want to continue that crazy cycle.

Getting my sinuses to drain properly heads off the infection which means the rest does not need to recur. Hopefully, the allergies will disappear.

I still have a difficult time keeping my face in the water. The back of my throat doesn't seal shut when I hold my breath and water still gets in. So, I hold my nose shut with my hand. Hopefully, this doesn't short circuit anything. It's helping me for now though.

3. Destiny

Destiny New Member

My husband has been on Claritin D 24 hrs all year round for many years. He also was using a lot of Afrin to clear any extra congestion during the day. Two weeks into doing CT, he stopped using both. I could not believe it!