1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

CT all year round?

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Krapule, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Krapule

Krapule New Member

Hi dr Kruse.

REreading (again!) CT6 and new questions (again!)...

Is being cold-adapted all year round regardless of the seasons and the outside temp/light is recommended? not many mammals live this way, can we consider that ancient inuits and sherpas were cold-adapted all the time.

If being cold-adapted means burning fat like hell I guess it means that one doing it all year round should eat more eventualy as his stores of fat are going to be pretty low. Then, should we be warm-adapted during summer and eat carbs (could they be called safe at this time?) like other mammals and go into cold-adapted mode as the year advance? Is there any danger of being cold adapted for too long?

thanks

"winter is coming" House of Stark (Game of thrones)

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If your unhealthy it is smart......if your in decent shape you dont need to do it yr round. I am sure being in winter for decades would have down sides..but so far I have seen none.