1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cryotherapy Sauna vs Ice Bath?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Miss Lizzie, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Miss Lizzie

Miss Lizzie New Member

I recently bought a three pack deal to use a local cryotherapy "sauna" . If you haven't heard about them, you basically stand in a tube and they shoot you with liquid nitrogen for 3 minutes at a temperate of -200F.

I went for my first treatment and was a little underwhelmed. No shivering, skin warmed back up immediately... it really didn't feel like much was happening. Their claim is that you don't want the cold to penetrate as deep and that they treatment will cause the same hormone cascades as an ice bath, but in a much quicker time frame.

I'm used to my ice baths and ice vest. The cold definitely penetrates deeper, it takes me longer to warm up, but after I warm up, I feel super toasty. I just didn't feel that with the cryotherapy. Plus, my ice bath is much cheaper!

Does anybody have any experience with this? Any comments or opinions?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

always pick water because of how it moves charges. Things always flow hot to cold and water increases the deliver 24 times faster than air.

Freader likes this.
  3. Miss Lizzie

Miss Lizzie New Member

Thanks. I will definitely stick with my ice baths. I look forward to them now and love how they make me feel! It's amazing. I never thought I would look forward to making myself cold!

I thought I would try the cryotherapy sauna since I got a very good deal, but it didn't make me feel anything. I got out and went and sat in the sun for 20 min. :)