1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Could it be the seaweed?

Discussion in 'Optimal Reset 2013' started by Jasmin, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Jasmin

Jasmin New Member

Nonchalant thank you I will read the Iodine Thread.
    And I think that the headache is a good sign of dehydration....are your headache gone now?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you might want to read the March 15 2013 blog...............the answer is there.

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oh yes. Months ago I started drinking a half gallon of water before noon. That enabled me to take the iodine without symptoms. I'm so glad I chose bottled water with no fluoride!
    Lately I've been drinking about a gallon and a half of water per day. Good stuff!

4. Rachelle

Rachelle New Member

I actually find myself drinking less water since drinking water with no fluoride because I do not thirst like I did. My thirst is being quenched--yippeee!!! am so elated with this most recent blog.

5. Inger

Inger Silver

Nonchalant.. believe it or not but my bump is way smaller and less swollen today...!Almost non existent, just a bit reddish skin, a tiny tiny bit swollen and then a bit "dry" skin back.. in just one week! yay! I must have been doing something right, I cut back on the seaweed water a bit, then sprinkled some unrefined sea salt in my sun water, and then ate a few handsful of brazil nuts.. and yes I sunbathed nude too with my earthing strap on.. ;) And I eat quite strict as usual.. mainly raw fish and meat as wild as it gets... with some coconut oil and butter and once in a while a raw fresh duck egg from our duck. When she makes me one. She did today, I feed her lots of fresh wildcaught fish and shrimp heads so the egg must be pretty healthy I figure? I made me a delicious dessert from it, egg foam with 1/2 teaspoon wild raw honey and a spoonful wild frozen Finnish berries... yum! My carbs for today..

We will get rid of our magic bumps 100% quite soon I am confident! :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Excellent, Inger! Lead the way!
    I do have some brazil nuts...

7. Raiken3712

Raiken3712 Jonathan/Jon

From my limited research...sadly I don't have the money to filter Fluoride. I've been buying water in 6 5 gallon jugs to use on a dispenser...perhaps not ideal if the plastic water bottles leach into the water...not sure if they do...not sure how much leaching occurs ..sure it depends on temperature to some extent. Its the best I can do till something happens that lets me be able to afford a Fluoride filter. At some point I want to get a whole house filter for Fluoride and other nasties like Chlorine. Wish I could do it now :(.

8. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Are you in the US? Here you can get a reverse osmosis filter for as little as $175 (on sale). We installed ours ourselves...it was not too difficult.

9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oh, this is great!! I had access to well water this weekend, and so I put some in a soup bowl out in the sun. It really changes the flavor! Makes it "mellow", in my opinion. I tried it several times, in the course of a day, and found that just a few minutes in the sun, less than 5 min, is enough, if the sun is high. The water would still be cool, but remarkably different than it tasted a few minutes before. There would be small bubbles on the surface of the bowl.

I also left some out for a couple hours, and I actually didn't like the taste. The next day was cloudy, and though I tried it again, I didn't get the same effect. The water tasted much the same as from the tap. Sun water needs sun!

Great discovery, Inger. Thanks!

10. Thanks I think so too. I'm going to start with a Lugols iodine tomorrow since I am deficient too (from a test).

11. Inger

Inger Silver

Cool..! :) I have my bowls out the whole day long, from sunrise to sunset.. they get a pretty strong suntaste..lol Yesterday my niece come to visit and I told her to taste my sunwater. She did, but she said it tasted weird and throw it out..lol She is 12 yo and eat lots of crap.. IDK but I love my sunwater. It is like getting a piece of sun in me..wow! :)
    I get the bubbles too.. I wonder why they are?

Oh.. and my bump is totally gone! There is just little red skin that is a bit dry where the bump was. Yay! Is yours better Nonchalant?

12. Jasmin

Jasmin New Member

Thank you :) It is scheduled for reading today :)

13. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I would have to describe the one bowl I left out for hours as having a 'dusty' taste. But here in Texas, dust is what we do best. :)
    I'll definitely let you know if this bump on my finger ever thinks about going away. I wonder about putting some brazil nut oil on it. ;-)

14. Claudia

Claudia New Member

I want to get off thyroid meds...on a small dose of t3 only and not sure I even need to be on it at all. I just purchased organic bladderwrack capsules (575mg per capsule) and organic kelp (595mg per cap) and also loose Irish Moss and Wakame, which I was going to add to water.

I don't know how to take these seaweeds and my H just ordered a lot for me and spent a lot of $. How many caps do I take? One of each per day? ANd then, also make a seaweed water with the irish moss and wakame. How much of each? Do I do this every day? Is this too much seaweed?

Thank you for any advice.

15. Jasmin

Jasmin New Member

Claudia I know the feeling about wanting to get off the meds and I think that you are lucky beeing at a small dose of t3 - you will get there :)

About how much seaweed to take, my best advise is to base your intake on labtests and adjusting according to this. The dose has to be individual- what is right for me is not necessarily right for you. I dont know about the capsules because I have only used dried seaweed, but I use about 1 teaspoon in my water every day and eat what I have used in the water at dinner and sprinkle some wakame on my dinner too.
    I dont know if it is of any help for you:)

16. curves64

curves64 Silver

I don't know if I'm imagining it or not but I left a bowl of water on my balcony all day and I swear it tastes different!!

17. I can't see how we can search blogs by date. I punched in this date, but it didn't work. Then, I looked in the index but date is not there. So, I searched through to the date and found it. It was well worth the manual, page-by-page search. This is a spectacular blog.

http://jackkruse.com/emf-rx-the-top-ten-emf-faqs/

This whole thread is a good one.

18. I am having trouble finding a good seaweed company that is a one stop shop. I have looked at some of these but they don't have a comprehensive line of seaweeds. I would love if someone made a product and blended together these seaweeds. I clipped this from Jack's blog Brain/Gut 6
    When eating non ocean bearing fats/protein consider adding Sea Veggies to the recipe:

A. Irish Moss (chondrus crispus, carrageen) is full of electrolyte minerals — calcium, magnesium, sodium and potassium. Its mucilaginous compounds help you detoxify, boost metabolism and strengthen hair, skin and nails. In Eastern medicine it is traditionally used for a low sex drive because it helps support T3 levels to convert LDL to progesterone and not to cortisol.

B. Wakame (alaria, undaria) is a high-protein, high calcium seaweed, with carotenes, iron and vitamin C. It is used in Chinese medicine for hair growth and luster, and for skin tone because it optimizes thyroid function.

C. Kelp (laminaria) contains vitamins the fat soluble vitamins A, B, E, D and K in high quantity, and is a major source of vitamin C from the sea. It also happens to be rich in many minerals found in land based plants. This is why it made my top ten supplement list so long ago in the blog series. Kelp proteins are high quality and present in abundance for a sea plant. It is a brown marine plant, kelp contains sodium alginate (algin), an element that helps remove radioactive particles (think Fukishima Iodine) and heavy metals from the body. Kelp can works as a blood purifier, relieves arthritis stiffness, and promotes adrenal, pituitary and thyroid health. Kelp’s natural iodine can normalize thyroid-related disorders like obesity and muscle fatigue seen in fibromyalgia cases. Clinical pearl:people with herpes virus of any type: It is a demulcent that helps eliminate herpes outbreaks after they have occurred. Kelp is nutrient rich and a small amount gives a large clinical result often.

D. Hijiki is a mineral-rich, high-fiber seaweed, with 20% protein, vitamin A, carotenes and calcium. Hijiki has the most calcium of any sea green, 1400mg per 100 grams of dry weight.

E. Kombu (laminaria digitata, setchelli, horsetail kelp), has a long tradition as a Japanese delicacy with reported nutritional healing value. Natural healers use it is a decongestant for excess mucous and to helps normalize blood pressure. Kombu has abundant iodine, carotenes, B, C, D and E vitamins, minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, silica, iron and zinc, and the powerful skin healing nutrient germanium, which is a pretty rare element in the human diet. Kombu is a meaty, high-protein seaweed. It is higher in natural mineral salts than most other seaweeds. I often add a strip of kombu to my bone broths and seafood broths.

F. Nori (porphyra, laver) is a red sea plant with a sweet, meaty taste when dried. It contains nearly 50% balanced, assimilable protein, higher than any other sea plant. Nori’s fiber makes it popular for sushi wrapping. I do not eat any rice because its miRNA directly affects our DNA expression. Nori is rich in all the carotenes, calcium, iodine, iron, and phosphorus.

G. Sea Palm (Postelsia Palmaeformis), American arame, grows only on the Pacific Coast of North America by Oregon and Washington State. It has a honeyed, salty taste that makes it tasty vegetable. I like it with my cauliflower rice recipe form the e-cookbook, or as a summer or autumn salad topping.

H. Bladderwrack is loaded with vitamin K and it is an excellent adrenal adaptogen and it helps sensitize us to insulin to because of its K2 like effects. It is often used today by Native American cultures broths and in sauna/steam baths for degenerative arthritis and inflammatory joint conditions.

I. Dulse (palmaria palmata), a red sea plant, very rich in iron. The last two sea veggies are my favorites because they have the most iodine of any plants on our planet. I was made aware of this sea vegetable when I was researching the Geritol solution for global warming. It also has abundant protein, and vitamin A. What really makes it a specially balanced nutrient for a lactovegetarian paleo diet is that it contains 300 times more iodine and 50 times more iron than wheat products. Tests on dulse show antiviral action against the herpes virus.

J.Arame (Eisenia bycyclis), is one of the ocean’s richest sources of iodine. It often contains more iodine than seafood does! Because of its high iodine content it can have major effects on women’s progesterone to estradiol ratio’s naturally. If you are estrogen dominant you might consider using this as become a staple in your broths and recipes. Many natural healers use arame to help reduce breast and uterine fibroids, excessive bleeding, fibrocystic disease of the breasts, and ovarian cysts. It is also quite helpful in cases of PCOS with acne and excessive facial hair. It also contains a lot fat soluble vitamins and phytohormones, to normalize peri menopausal and menopausal symptoms. Arame is often associated with soft wrinkle-free skin turgor and tends to enhances hair growth and make your hair have an incredible sheen. The reason is because this veggie increase your free T3 to a dramatic degree when it is used regularly in your diet.

19. Jonathin

Jonathin Gold Member

20. Thanks Jonathin. I think it would be great if we could compile some good sources of seaweed.