1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Could CT right after training limit the effect of a workout?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Matty_M, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Dylan Petkus

Dylan Petkus Quantum Clinician in Training

As a thought, would it be more beneficial to do CT than exercise training?

Could you consider that one benefit of exercise is that it weeds out the bad mitochondriav ia mitophagy? So if you do CT after exercise, it is less obvious who the free-loader mitochondria are...

But if you do CT before exercise... this would not be the case?

I could be way off, but I always want to exercise after CT. Some times I feel like I could do a marathon...

2. kris90

kris90 New Member

I don't think it really matters. And people who still want to increase the size of their muscles are just looking to add deuterium to their muscle tissues. That is why bodybuilders bulk up on high carb diets, and eat poor nutrient density foods like chicken and rice all day long. Then, they chronically lift under blue light with high volume/high repetition to induce inflammation.

Exercise is good for us outdoors because we can make triplet oxygen vs singlet oxygen, and build a strong body inside/out. CT alone can build muscle because of the pathways it activates which are similar to exercise. All the benefits of exercise really just come from the benefits of CT, because cold/shivering was the primordial stimulus, and it stimulated WAT to BAT conversion via irisin which allowed us to adapt to the cold chronically, similar to how we can adapt to chronic exercise once we go from beginner to advanced.

3. Dylan Petkus

Dylan Petkus Quantum Clinician in Training

This is certainly true and good. How do you sell that to the average joe/jane? I don't think you can off the bat... you need to develop their thought processes a bit more to find these ideas not heretical.

4. Benny Hammond

Benny Hammond New Member

greetings, i believe i'm unsure if rhonda patrick article has been posted here. the main take a way for me is to give oneself 50min minimum before ct to allow for the autophagy response. i have completed three different biohacks with this in mind in the last year with interesting results.

Attached Files:

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

No one knows the time frame that is correct and based upon hos exercise changes the electric charge of water in us........it would vary in all people unless we knew their heteroplasmy state and haplotype........and right now no one has that ability to measure.

Antonis, Allin and Benny Hammond like this.
  6. Benny Hammond

Benny Hammond New Member

started last week jumping into the tank, kept at 43f, in between calisthenics sets and i gotta say, that i almost doubled the amount of reps i could do. i started with 30min ct before the workout but didn't finish with the cold.

is anyone else doing something like this?

i wonder if the cold really does blunt the autophagy response?

does the cold affect the type of muscle fibers over another (type 1, type 2, type 2b?)

7. Kai-Robin

Kai-Robin New Member

8. drezy

drezy Gold

Now I'll never get swole

Sajid Mahmood and kris90 like this.
  9. Kai-Robin

Kai-Robin New Member

haha, I try to do CT an hour or two before lifting, and then i imediately take sauna after lifting to increase net protein synthesis. I really enjoy it...
    Its important decide what goal one have and what your health status is before choosing a path.
    Both CT and saunas are shown to improve longevity. So i feel good about it even though i know mTor will get an ekstra spike after training and sauna

10. Jim Laird

Jim Laird Gold

drezy likes this.
  11. Benny Hammond

Benny Hammond New Member

have you done ct right before lifting? i don't know what it is, but for me it seems like the muscles can handle more. also wondering about longer rest doing ct between sets. have you experimented with that?

12. Kai-Robin

Kai-Robin New Member

Yes I use to go to swim in the cold ocean here, and then I lift afterwards.. Yes sometimes the energy really rocks afterwards.. I feel that I rest faster between the sets. Just test out your hypothesis, to see how they work for you. If one is unsure or wondering about something.. Go for proof.. Test it self

13. Butters

Butters New Member

Difference between cold adapted and not? Other circadian factors?