1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Could CT right after training limit the effect of a workout?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Matty_M, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Matty_M

Matty_M Purple Angel Club

By preventing muscles from breaking down fully after the workout?

I am working with some pro soccer players in Norway and some of their trainers say that this is the case.

What do you guys think? @Jack Kruse

2. My CT experience suggests that CT right after training does not limit the effect, just speeds recovery from the workout. The CT alone improves my strength and endurance. Cheers!

Allin likes this.
  3. Allin

Allin New Member

Danco3636 likes this.
  4. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Lionel Messi

I asked Bill Murray that same question and he said he did not reccomend ice baths after a workout. I don’t understand why he suggested that

5. Allin

Allin New Member

Think about it. What does CT or cold/ice baths do? Decreases inflammation, reduces the size/length of the ECT (electron chain transport), makes your electron flow more efficient, increases magnetism in the cells, builds a bigger EZ which keeps out toxins/molds/virus and makes the body have a bigger battery, the lowers your heteroplasty rate, reduces the amount of energy your body needs to fix/replace defective mitochondria, reduces the amount of nnEMF your body and muscles are being exposed to while in the water.

So Bill Murray does not recommend ice baths after a workout because of ...why? Maybe he thinks inflammation which is created during a workout is good for you because if you increase the inflammation state of the muscles and/or the time you/your muscles stay inflamed, you will build bigger muscles because more HDO and D2O is collected in your muscles. BTW: Who is Bill Murray?

Sean Waters likes this.
  6. Hbuttel

Hbuttel Gold

Studies have shown that Ct within one hour after weight lifting reduces strength and muscle building.
    It is the opposite for endurance training.
    After one hour seems to be beneficial for muscle building and strength training

It was talked about in joe rogans podcast with. Ben greenfield, and also Rhonda Patrick's on
    cold thermogenesis.

It has something to do with the inflammation being beneficial post workout for a little while

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/foundmyfitness/id818198322?mt=2&i=1000362813680

Mercola also mentions it here
    -
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/fitnes...hive/2017/11/17/amp/cryotherapy-benefits.aspx

"There is one important caveat worth mentioning. When you’re doing strength training, the oxidative stress generates reactive oxygen species (ROS) that actually help increase muscle mass. If you expose yourself to cold within the first hour after strength training, you suppress that beneficial process, so avoid doing cold immersion (such as a really cold shower or ice bath) immediately after strength training.

On the other hand, spending some time in the sauna after exercise may actually help increase muscle mass. It’ll also help with detoxification, allowing you to sweat out toxins that can wreak havoc on mitochondrial function in general. As explained by Rhonda Patrick, Ph.D., in a previous interview:

“This is what’s important to understand: Exercise is a stress on the body. You’re making ROS. You’re generating inflammation. But that’s a good thing because it’s a short burst, and you want it … There’s a one hour timeframe from the time you stop exercising [in which inflammation peaks].

That is the stressful period. But then as soon as an hour hits, the stress response kicks in and you start to have a potent anti-inflammatory [response]. You start having an antioxidant response from activating all these good genes that stay activate for a long time.

What happens is that because the cold also is causing an anti-inflammatory response, it’s important that you don’t get that anti-inflammatory response too soon, because you need some of that exercise-induced inflammation. You want that inflammation to happen to get the anti-inflammatory response. That’s important for the strength training.

The inflammation you generate during the strength training is part of the mechanism for making more proteins in the skeletal muscle. If you blunt that, then you’re going to blunt the effects of the strength training. The question is then can you do it an hour or two hours later? Studies have shown, yes, you can do cold exposure, cold water immersion and actually get some performance enhancements even from doing [that].”

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Benjamin Stone and Lahelada like this.
  7. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

What if you add sunlight and season to the mix though ? Red light therapy with CT? Does that change the game ?

Alex97232, Matty_M and Hbuttel like this.
  8. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

I remember JK writing somewhere that if you eat within 30 minnutes of workout you double the benefit and if you then CT within 30 of eating you double it again. Can't seem to find that blog at the moment though.

Also ideal exercise window is around 5pm. CT7

Sean Waters, Janet Shold and Lahelada like this.
  9. Hbuttel

Hbuttel Gold

Probably not Lahelada, because CT would still blunt the initial beneficial anti inflammatory response.
    Although, if working out in a really hot outdoor environment, maybe the post workout one hour time period could be shortened some?
    But that would also mean that in a really cold environment 1 hour may not be long enough.

Lahelada likes this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This paper has no controls for inflammation or deuterium. What if the person is laoded with deuterium in their muscles like an obese person or someone with fibromylagia of ME. What happens then? CT ha sa big role in a blue lit nnEMF world with respect to muscle. If your group you are studying is all young and healthy the results will not be the same as patients into a primary care office.......there in lies the difference in heteroplasmy

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Matty_M and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I also do not believe Patrick is correct about exercise. It is not a mitochondrial stressor......it is how mitochondria are replaced.

13. brandie

brandie CherokeeSol

I was looking to see if anyone else has made a deuterium connection to fibromyalgia and quickly found a product called CELLFOOD, who's top ingredient is deuterium sulfate...need I say more?

Allin likes this.
  14. Kai-Robin

Kai-Robin New Member

It will speed up recovery but could limit proteinsynthesis via supressing mTor signaling. Which is a good thing for longevity. But if the goal is growth it might supress it.

Matty_M likes this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Jenelle, Matty_M and JanSz like this.
  16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Matty_M and Lahelada like this.
  17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

18. Benjamin Stone

Benjamin Stone New Member

This has been a very revealing thread. I typically weight train, then sauna for 30 minutes, then do a ice cold shower after. Based on the information here I will cut the CT post training.

Sauna is beneficial as noted. As a child, I grew up taking saunas and then jumping in a cold lake, running back in, rinse and repeat. Is this contra-indicated as well?

19. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Lionel Messi

Barry Murray is a member, and an athlete. He's on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/connectedathlete/memberships

Barry Murray mentioned he does not recommend CT post exercise because it blocks the training muscle adaptations. He said there might be short term benefits but not any long term benefits.

20. John Saf

John Saf New Member

I do strength training and CT. Often CT after training. IT is not the training that gives me muscle. Starting doing CT, i trained less but training outside. I have gained 3 kg lean mass the last year since starting following Jack Kruse and unfollowing food/training gurus.
    I think that if i train so that my musclemass can be affected by CT post workout, im training in a unhealthy/not natural way. "Fake"/pumped musclemass will only stay on the body if you spend to much time/effort training.

kris90 likes this.