1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cortney’s Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Cortney817, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Cortney817

Cortney817 Gold

hello! I am new to Dr. Kruse’s group of black swans, but have been watching all his videos on YouTube for quite some time before joining. I joined because I want to be the healthiest form of me I possibly can be. I am 32 years old, and have 5 children, all 10 and under. Here’s some background on me: during pregnancy of my second child I was told I had periodontal disease. I have always, since being a teenager, had acne. Also, after my fourth child, I developed digestive issues. This has been ongoing for at least 4 years now. Sometimes things are great, and sometimes I might have loose stools/diarrhea, and occasionally constipation. I have not been formally diagnosed with anything. At my naturopathic dr, I was told I had parasites. I took some homeopathic meds to kill them, but yet the issues still remain. I did actually see parasites come out of my body. Also, before I knew anything about Dr. Kruse and EMF’s I slept with a wireless router in my bedroom for several years. I know that is an absolute DO NOT DO, but at the time I was completely clueless. I’m wondering if that is what got me to where I am today.

I think Dr. Kruse is brilliant, and I absolutely love studying his work. I am assuming my mitochondria is very damaged, and I need to take durastic measures to repair it. I just need to figure out where to start to get my issues resolved. I know Dr. Kruse says that you cannot get well in the same environment you got sick, so I am going to do my very best to implement his protocols in my life. Obviously the first is watching the sunrise, and being outdoors as much as possible, but I know there is so much more to it. Like I said earlier, I have 5 kids, and I want to be the healthiest “me” that I can possibly be.

2. Erik

Erik New Member

Welcome Cortney. You came to the right place. Besides all my symptoms, my lactose and gluten reactions vanished when i started to get at least 3 hours of NAKED sunlight while grounding. I can tolerate pizza, milk, whatever.... Just don't Focus on taking supplements for getting rid of the parasites and digestive issues. There may be a place for supplements but first get naked in the sun as much as you can (barefoot).

KrusinWitchie and Cortney817 like this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Cortney and welcome. Please start a journal in the optimal journal section and give Dr. K. your health history and your Mom's and Gran's too.

where do you live? work?

4. Cortney817

Cortney817 Gold

Hello. I’m confused. I thought I was posting it where I should be?

If I am posting this in the wrong place, please instruct me of where I need to go to get this in the correct place.

Thank you!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Sorry Cortney .....You are in the right place. My mistake.

Cortney817 likes this.
  6. Cortney817

Cortney817 Gold

A little more background from my mother’s side. My Grandma had a stroke that affected her left side. I am unsure of her age at the time this happened. After her stroke, she lived in a nursing home for many years. I believe she was mid 80’s when she passed away in her sleep. My mom is 60, and a bit overweight. She also has adrenal/thyroid issues.

We live in southwest Missouri, and I work for my family’s business, part-time, doing their payables and receivables.

7. Cortney817

Cortney817 Gold

Thank you, Caroline.

8. Cortney817

Cortney817 Gold

I have been listening to Dr. Kruse’s videos/podcasts during every spare moment I have. I also just ordered his Epi Paleo RX book. I cannot wait to receive it and dive in even further. I’m just trying to figure out exactly where I need to start to begin my healing process. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you!

Erik and caroline like this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Are you a Patreon member? If you can manage it - become a gold member and then you will have access to everything and the live Q&A every month when you can ask Jack anything.

If you become a silver member you will get the monthly webinars.

Good luck on your optimal journey!

10. Cortney817

Cortney817 Gold

Thank you. Yes, I am a Patreon, gold member. I just became a member in December, and have not yet participated in any Q&A yet.

caroline likes this.
  11. Cortney817

Cortney817 Gold

I am making major strides this week! First of all, I have never been a big seafood person. I have started eating it. I just did my second evening of CT in the tub with 58F (or slightly less) for an hour. I spent the weekend outside, barefoot a lot. I switched out our evening lighting to red incandescent bulbs. I also just purchased my magnetico bed and my Ra optics blue blockers. I am determined to kick this leaky gut!

Erik and drezy like this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

Keep going Cortney!

13. Cortney817

Cortney817 Gold

As I've been thinking, I realized there is probably some information I have left out of my journal. I thought some of these additions might be helpful in connecting the dots to help me figure out my n=1.
    As a baby I would get croup really bad. I believe I was hospitalized at least once for this, if not twice. Also, not long after I was born, my mom was hospitalized with really bad pneumonia. She almost died during this time. During my toddler years, I got TONS of ear infections, and was on a lot of antibiotics. This was until my parents took me to a natropath that figured out I had a milk allergy. After removing dairy, I didn't seem to have the ear infections I had before. Over time I seemed to grow out of my allergy to dairy. I had some mild asthma growing up, but that also seemed to go away. Throughout my teenage years/mid/late 20's I seemed to be in pretty good health. In my mid 20's I did use to run like 7 miles a day. I was in great shape on the outside, but after studying Dr. Kruse's work, but now wonder if I was overdoing it. For many years we slept with a wireless router in our bedroom as well as an xbox and tv. We stayed up late, streaming Netflix/hulu through the xbox and/or looking at our phones before bed. I had no idea of Dr. Kruse at this time, and did not know what I was doing-obviously. Either during or after my second child (24 years old), my dentist told me I had periodontal disease. Other than that, I seemed to be in decent health. When I was 28 I developed digestion issues. As I stated earlier, sometimes things are great, and sometimes they are not. My system seems to be super finicky about what it likes and what it doesn't. I have never been to an MD to be diagnosed with anything, but have tried to figure out it myself. I have however been to several different natropath docs who can find nothing wrong. I have done acupuncture, bought a sauna, done different diets, spent lots of money on supplements, etc, etc. My malfunction is what led me to studying Dr. Kruse's work. I am kind of assuming I am blue light toxic and am dealing with a leaky gut?

I live in Missouri at the 37th latitude.

Here's what I am implementing:
    Eating only when the sun is up-within a 10 hr time frame
    CT in my bathtub for 45-60 min 6 days a week
    Eating Epi-Paleo
    Using red light bulbs in the evening.
    I bought blue blockers from RAOPTICS. They should be here Thursday. I am also waiting for the daytime clear lens comes out to purchase those
    I am sleeping on the Magnetico Super Sleep System
    I do my far infrared sauna a couple times a week
    I am working on being outside as much as possible, getting morning sunlight in my eyes, and grounding.

Also, I am thinking of going to a holistic MD we have in town. I know his views will not fully align with Dr. Kruse's, which is where I struggle. I wish there was a like-minded Dr.,like Kruse, in my neck of the woods! If I go see this holistic doctor regarding my gut issues, are there any specific blood tests I should push for that would help figure this out? They do their lab testing in house.

Does anyone have any other ideas/advice?

14. drezy

drezy Gold

If I ever had to rejoin the dating scene I planned on using a line like that. What do you think:
    "I was pretty hot when I was in my 20s." <show oldpicture and cross fingers>

The periodontal disease is interesting and I think Doc may have mentioned this before.

When you say leaky gut what do you mean? Since I don't focus on being very lady-like, do you mean regularly getting the sh*ts or sh*tting like a goose?

KrusinWitchie likes this.
  15. Cortney817

Cortney817 Gold

Also, I forgot to mention that we are on a well, and I have been drinking water filtered through a Kangen machine. A few years back, one of our natropaths said we should get one. We went out and purchased this $5,00 water machine. I am assuming that Dr. Kruse would not like the idea of a Kangen machine, but I have no idea....

A few years back, before my digestion issues, my neck was really bad. It constantly hurt and I would have a neck/headache everyday. I had a xray done at chiropractor's office and he said it was because I had no curve in my neck. For several months, I relied on migraine excederin, ibuprofen, etc almost everyday. Looking back on this, I realize just how awful it was.

Regarding the periodontal disease, I have also had a few root canals, and one of my root canal teeth had to be removed because it abscessed.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  16. Cortney817

Cortney817 Gold

When I say leaky gut, I mean that sometimes I have diarrhea, sometimes loose stools, sometimes normal. It just varies from day to day. There is really no consistency with it. Sometimes I will have to go once a day, and sometimes several times throughout the day. I never know from day to day what it is going to be like. Before my gut issues started, I was very regular. Typically went 2-3 times a day at approximately the same time everyday.

drezy likes this.
  17. Cortney817

Cortney817 Gold

I also never know what is going to set my system off. There are a few triggers I have figured out, but other than that I'm not sure. I have been told I have a sensitivity to the gliadin in gluten, and dairy.

18. drezy

drezy Gold

I also once thought it was a gluten game. I upped my game and realized gliadin was out there too. That was still the small game.

I think you're playing a much more fundamental game now with more to win.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Cortney817 likes this.