1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cortisol, ROS, & so Leptin Rx questions

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by Frank Kaplan, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Not even going to pretend to understand this.

2. There should be a JackKruseforidiots.com and I'll be the poster child.

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Men (520-640)μg/dL

That is what dr Dzugan likes.

/
    In healthy person, when looking at major Steroid hormones
    DHEAs participation should be 95%
    cortisol 4.25%

You are practically devoid of both of those steroid hormones.
    Note that 95+4.25=99.25
    The remaining 0.75% is the balance.

[​IMG]

Peruse my posts on this thread.
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  4. I have some genetic testing from Pathway Genomics I was going to post, but it's just too many pages. I will try and add a few summary pages in a bit. Not sure if this also helps with the tests I will be receiving on the Micronutrient Analysis and the Fatty Acid Profile. This was done a little over a year ago.

The following report will say: Stay Balanced, Optimize Intake, or Inconclusive. If it says anything but Optimize Intake I didn't record it, which goes for the following: Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin B2, and Vitamin B6.

Vitamin B12 -
    Says to Optimize Intake

Gene Tested My genotype
    FUT2-rs6022662 G/G Significant strength is 5/5 stars

Folate - Folic Acid
    Gene Tested My genotype - says to Optimize Intake of folate.
    MTHFR-rs1801133 C/T Signifiant strength is 4/5 stars

Vitamin E - Tests APOA5 gene
    Optimize Intake

Gene Tested My genotype
    rs12272004 C/C Significant strength 5/5 starts

Omega 6 and Omega 3 levels

Decreased - People with your genotype were found to have decreased blood levels of an important omega 6 and an important omega 3 fat.

Gene Tested My genotype
    FADS1-rs174547 C/T

Those with C/T genotypes at a variant in the FADS 1 gene, which codes for one of the enzymes involved in processing omega 3 and omega 6 fats, had "decreased" blood levels of arachidonic acid (AA), a long chain omega 7 fat, as well as eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), a long chain omega 3 fat. Those with DECREASED outcome should increase their dietary intake of both 3 and 6 fats.

Response to Polyunsaturated Fats

People with your genotype who have a diet that includes polyunsaturated fats, rather than saturated fats, tend to have lower body weight, compared to those who do not.

Gene Tested My genotype
    PPARG-rs1801282 C/C

CAVEAT - it says this association has not been studied in men.

Possibly Low Gene Tests: ADIPOQ
    More likely to have lower adiponectin levels which makes it more difficult to lose weight.

Metabolism - Normal Gene Tested: LEPR
    Genes Tested: FTO, MC4R

Above average risk of being overweight.

LDL cholesterol. HIGH - Genetic Risk for being elevated.
    Genes Testeed: ABCG8, APOB, CELSR2, HMGCR, HNF1A, intergenic, LDLR, MAFB, NCAN, PCSK9.

Triglycerides - Above Average Risk for elevated

Clopidogrel - Immediate Metabolizer - Gene tested CYP2C19

Warfarin - Genes Tested - CYP2C9, VKORC1 - Increased Sensitivity.

Insulin Sensitivity Response to Exercise - Gene Tested: LIPC - Enhanced Benefit

HDL Cholesterol Response to Exercise. Gene Tested: PPARD - Enhanced Benefit.

Endurance Training - Gene Tested: LIPD, LPL, PPARD - Enhanced benefit.

5. "Avoid Fish Oil & Krill oil, they kill Omega6 that is also badly in need."

From Jack's book about the Leptin Rx. It must need a revision about fish oil:

“I also advise my patients to supplement with prescription-grade fish oils and vitamin D3. The dose depends upon the homocysteine and C-reactive protein levels, vitamin D levels, and salivary cortisol levels.”

Excerpt From: Dr. Jack Kruse. “Epi-Paleo Rx.” iBooks. https://itun.es/us/IHTwK.l

6. Happy to report I'm down 6 pounds in the last 7 days or so. I've been eating a lot of seafood, drinking ice cold RO water, had 10 Louisiana oysters last night (boy they are big and meaty - I think I like the east/west coast better, and king crab legs drenched in coconut / ghee. Not snacking in between meals. Carbs around 25 - sometimes 50 or less. My sleep has not been good. However, last night I ate a tablespoon of coconut manna a few hours after dinner, which I try to have before sunset. It helped me get through the night much easier. I kind of woke up, but was able to fall right back to sleep as opposed to waking up for 1 to 2 hours minimum.

I'm waking up and immediately looking at the sun which, again, is very had for me to do because I am up around 6:45 or 7 and the sun is very bright. I stand in the grass and most of my clothes are off.

I'm limiting my supplements to 10,000 D3, NAC, B Complex and Magnesium Citrate at night (what should I be taking if anything for Magnesium at night?). Not doing fish oil. Stopped taking Metformin 3 days ago.

I am eating as much ghee and coconut oil & coconut butter as I can get in my face with each meal. Haven't done the lard yet. I'm still having a grass-fed whey protein shake for breakfast with at least 50 grams of protein, 4 pastured eggs, 1 tablespoon of Coconut oil, tablespoon of Coconut Manna and Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar / Stevia. Tastes fantastic and satisfies me completely. I know this is not idea, but it's helping me get through this stage.

No desire to snack - at all.

If I have to be on wireless, I get to my page and turn off wireless.

I'm sitting in the dark as much as possible before when the sunset hits

Eating grass-fed a lot, but trying to make DHA fish my go-to source. Very, very expensive.

Always use F.lux. Need to get some of those light bulbs.

Still tired, but I'm sure that's from the lack of sleep and my body wanting to shift from being a sugar burner to fat burner, as well as changing my environment.

Question: I have some pelvic floor issues and I have a lot of neck problems. I use ice a lot to help me. If I could have ice on me all day in an ideal spot, where would one suggest as a modification to CT, which is going to take me a while based on the book to cold adapt with all the various stages. Just a thought I could be doing some form of CT since I respond well to ice when my body is sore or hurting. Any ideas from the group?

Thank you.

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Post your age, weight, height and body fat.
    Post any missing body parts or any alterations.
    Post all your test reports done in last 3 years, scan each page and post.
    Post your fatty analysis as I asked above.
    Post your Spectracell Micronutrient analysis.

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

glucose- raises blood glucose, provides warning
    fructose- does not raise blood glucose, no warnings, metabolized by liver in same way as alcohol, damages liver same way as alcohol, cause of high body fat.

9. Waiting to go to get my blood drawn.
    No body parts missing.
    5'8 255
    No body parts missing
    No test results in last three years other than that one I go before TRT and after. Waiting for those.

10. What is responding to exactly? I don't eat fructose.

11. Post your Spectracell Micronutrient analysis.

......[/quote] As promised.
    SpectraCell Laboratories, Inc.

Micronutrients

B Complex Vitamins Patient Results % Greater than
    Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)
    94 >78%
    Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 60 >53%
    Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) 89 >80%
    Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) 66 >54%
    Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) 18 >14%
    Folate 42 >32%
    Pantothenate Deficient 7 >7%
    Biotin 49 >34%

Amino Acids

Serine
    44 >30%
    Glutamine 47 >37%
    Asparagine 53 >39%

Metabolites

Choline 27 20
    Inositol 71 48
    Carintine 55 56

Fatty Acids
    Oleic Acid 74 65

Other Vitamins
    Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 66 50
    Vitamin A (Retinol) 83 70
    Vitamin K2 50 30

Minerals
    Calcium 52 38
    Manganese 62 50
    Zinc 46 37
    Copper 57 42
    Magnesium 58 37

Carbohydrate Metabolism
    Glucose-Insulin Interaction 59 38
    Fructose Sensitivity 42 34
    Chromium 56 40

Antioxidants
    Glutathione Deficient
    40 42

Cysteine 49 41
    Coenzyme Q-10 Selenium 91 86
    Selenium 81 74
    Vitamin E (A-tocopherol) 89 84
    Alpha Lipoic Acid 86 81
    Vitamin C 63 40

SPECTROXTM
    Total Antioxidant Function 50 40
    Proliferation Index
    Immunidex 81 40

Pantothenate

[​IMG]
    Function:

Pantothenic acid plays vital roles in energy production from foodstuffs. Pantothenate is a component of coenzyme A, which is indispensable for two-carbon unit metabolism (acetyl groups). Acetyl groups are involved in the release of energy from carbohydrates, fats, proteins, and other compounds, as well as synthesis of fats, cholesterol, steroid hormones, porphyrin and phospholipids.

Deficiency Symptoms:

Pantothenate deficiency symptoms are thought to be uncommon because of widespread distribution in all foodstuffs. However, human deficiency symptoms may include fatigue, depression, burning feet, dermatitis, burning or pain of arms and legs, anorexia, nausea, indigestion, irritability, mental depression, fainting, hair loss, increased heart rate, and susceptibility to infection.

Repletion Information:

Dietary sources richest in Pantothenate (per serving) include:

Nutritional Supplements
    Meats
    Whole Grain Products
    Vegetables Nuts Seeds

The estimated safe and adequate daily dietary intake for pantothenate is 4-7 mg for adults. Oral administration of pantothenate has shown no toxicity in doses up to 10 gms daily. Higher doses may cause diarrhea.

Nutritional Yeasts Legumes

Wheat Germ

Function:

The patient’s lymphocytes have shown a deficient status for Glutathione.

Glutathione

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Glutathione is implicated in many cellular functions including antioxidant protection and detoxification. It is also essential for the maintenance of cell membrane integrity in red blood cells. Intracellular glutathione concentrations are principally derived by intracellular synthesis, as few cells directly uptake glutathione from the surrounding extracellular fluid. The high concentration of glutathione in virtually all cells clearly indicates its importance in metabolic and oxidative detoxification processes. Glutathione may be considered the preeminent antioxidant.

Deficiency Symptoms:

A wide range of human conditions such as aging, cancer, atherosclerosis, arthritis, viral infections, AIDS, cardiovascular, neurodegenerative diseases and pulmonary diseases may be produced, or made worse, by “free radicals”. Their treatment or prevention often includes antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin E, carotenoids and selenium. Glutathione is an essential component of the antioxidant defense system: producing a "sparing effect" for both tocopherol and ascorbate by reducing the oxidized forms, and by eliminating hydrogen peroxide by reacting with glutathione peroxidase. Cellular glutathione functions to decrease the formation of oxidized LDL, implicated in the development of atherosclerosis. T-lymphocytes become deficient in glutathione in the progression of AIDS which impairs immune function. Glutathione is also required for the synthesis of some prostaglandins from n-3 and n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids which are important in the inflammatory response. Patients with adult respiratory distress syndrome are favorably affected by treatments that increase cellular glutathione.

Repletion Information:

Glutathione is poorly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and foods rich in glutathione do not appear to contribute to increases in intracellular glutathione levels. Cysteine appears to be the limiting amino acid in the intracellular synthesis of glutathione and supplementation with up to 2000 mg daily of N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine appears safe. Supplementation with cysteine is not recommended as it may be poorly tolerated by many patients.
    In addition, it may be rapidly oxidized to L-cystine, a less usable form for the synthesis of glutathione. Foods rich in cysteine are generally high protein foods such as meats, yogurt, wheat germ and eggs.

12. Apolipoprotein E Genotype*

I am 3/3

Estimated Genotype Frequency: 2/2 (~1-2%), 2/3 (~15%), 2/4 (~1-2%), 3/3 (~55%), 3/4 (~25%), 4/4 (~1-2%)

13. Factor V Leiden*

Arg/Arg

Optimal=Non-carrier (Arg/Arg); At Risk=(Arg/Gln or Gln/Gln)

Prothrombin Mutation*

G/G

Optimal=Non-carrier (G/G); At Risk=(G/A or A/A)

MTHFR677* (Methylenetetrahydrofolate Reductase)

C/T

Estimated Genotype Frequency:
    C/C (~49.3%), C/T (~39.8%), T/T (~10.9%)

MTHFR1298*

A/A

Estimated Genotype Frequency:
    C/C (~7-12%), A/C (~30%), A/A (~58-63%)

CYP2C19*2*3* - Result = *1/*2

POOR metabolizers with poor antiplatelet effect of Plavix.

*1/*1 = optimal, *1/*2 or *1/*3 = intermediate, *2/*2, *2/*3 or *3/*3 = poor

CYP2C19*17* - Result =*1/*1

RAPID metabolizers at increased risk for bleeding on Plavix.

*1/*1 = optimal, *1/*17 = rapid, *17/*17 = ultra rapid

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You can attach file with Spectracell results.
    There is a section with recommendations.

15. There are only two recommendations. Pantothenic Acid and Glutathione.

Repletion Suggestions

1. Pantothenate 500 mg b.i.d. (1000 mg daily)

2. Glutathione 600 mg b.i.d. (1200 mg daily) of N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) Take each dose with a meal

Here are other comments:

ApoE genotype is 3/3. Apolipoprotein E2 and E3 patients respond well to statin drugs, such as atorvastatin, pravastatin, or lovastatin Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation has been shown to benefit apoE2 and apoE3 patients. If the patient also has insulin resistance, a low carbohydrate or Mediterranean diet may be appropriate. Therapy should be individualized.

This patient is heterozygous for the MTHFR C677T polymorphism (C/T) and has the normal or wild-type genotype for MTHFR A1298C (A/A). The C677T C/T genotype may result in reduced activity of MTHFR, potentially leading to diminished production of L-methylfolate, the active form of folate. Reduced levels of L-methylfolate lead to decreased production of neurotransmitters, reduced conversion of homocysteine to methionine, and reduced s-adenosylmethionine (SAMe) concentrations. CNS neurochemical deficiency along with buildup of homocysteine and decreased availability of methyl groups from SAMe may increase an individual’s risk for developing cardiovascular disease. Additionally, this may predispose an individual to certain psychiatric disorders and/or memory and attention deficits. Patients with high homocysteine values who are heterozyogous for the MTHFR A1298C polymorphism may consider supplementation with the active L-methylfolate in combination with vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin). Increased homocysteine levels may reflect other conditions (B-vitamin deficiencies, renal disease, etc.), which should be evaluated prior to initiating supplementation.

This patient is an intermediate metabolizer (intermediate activator) of the drug clopidogrel. The patient will convert clopidogrel to its active metabolite, but at a slower rate than normal metabolizers. Alternative antiplatelet therapy to clopidogrel (such as Effient®) or increased clopidogrel doses should be considered. Further assessment of platelet function may be required to monitor the effect of clopidogrel in intermediate metabolizers.

The HDL CYP2C19 genotype test detects the non-functional alleles *2 and *3 and the ultra-rapid allele *17. Other less common alleles are not detected by this assay.

I've yet to take my Fatty Acid Profile Test. Looking for a convenient time and place.

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Using advice from spectracell should keep your homocysteine at good level
    but
    playing safe
    consider direct homocysteine testing
    in this case that is what counts.
    =====
    You have been advised:
    1. Pantothenate 500 mg b.i.d. (1000 mg daily)
    ----
    I also started as Pantothenate Deficient and therefore supplemented with
    Nutricology Pantothenic Acid, Vegicaps, 90-Count, each pill 500mg.
    Over number of consecutive tests I ended up using 2000mg/day barely making up demand, but eventually I satisfied the requirement.

Recently I came across information that when Pantothenate Deficient,
    Pantethine should work better.
    http://www.amazon.com/Nutricology-713947550001-Pantethine-60-Caps/dp/B0001VKBOS

I use now 2 pills/day (first try)
    On my next Spectracell I will find out if that was good move.

[​IMG]

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://www.facebook.com/groups/872967099382852/permalink/1056203784392515/
    Jack Kruse wrote this:
    Genomic/SNP's therapies requires an environmental clean up first and foremost and not a pill or surgery. The Rx should not be prescribing to do things the other way around trying to solve the SNP presence.

You posted this:
    This patient is heterozygous for the MTHFR C677T polymorphism (C/T) and has the normal or wild-type genotype for MTHFR A1298C (A/A).
    ==============================================

In the mean time you have no choice but to use the usual Rx (blue chart),
    but
    stay vigilant
    Jack have something good up his sleeve.

Work on your environmental clean up first and foremost,
    but also study this charts:

[​IMG]

/

18. And in English that means what exactly? How much in dose? And does this mean forever? And what markers tell me if it's working or not?

My environment and circadian rhythm and diet have all been spot on. I feel the difference in weight, energy, and sleep. I've also eaten more oysters and fish that in my entire life combined. I don't eat carbs at all other than broccoli, cauliflower, and cucumbers. I'm eating a boat load of Coconut oil and coconut butter since it's the summertime. If I have to snack, and I usually don't, I have a tablespoon or two of Coconut Manna.

19. Jill1

Jill1 New Member

Jarrows makes an activated B5 that's liquid - fast & easy to absorb. Remember, B5 will lower bad cholesterol, helps with fatty liver and alot more....

Pantethine allows the adrenal glands to generate more cortisone which is an anti-stress hormone. With more cortisone produced, the body's inflammatory response is reduced.

http://www.wellnessresources.com/ti..._cardio_health_metabolism_and_detoxification/

20. Thanks, Jill. Now this I understand!