1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cornet RF, EMF readings... Help!

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by krw2586, Feb 13, 2017.

1. krw2586

krw2586 Gold

I just got my Cornet 88T meter and was wondering if someone could help me understand the readings. I get WHAT is being measured, but I have no context for which values are high and what an ideal measurement would be. The meter is automatically programmed to associate readings with colors based on how safe it is: green, yellow, and red. Are those interpretations trustworthy?

I am surprised to find that the RF readings in my whole apartment are always green and range from about 0.01 to 0.3 mW/m2. The only time they look higher are if I'm within about a foot of my laptop. I live in an apartment that is above the garage of a single family home. The wifi router is in the main house, which is separated by a cement wall. My signal is a little weak, but the plus is that I'm not close to the router. Are my RF readings ideal?

I did test the Cornet standing near the wifi router and it lit up red, but I only had to move about 5 feet away before I was supposedly in the green safe zone again. Could that really be right? If that's all it takes to be safe then how are cell towers so dangerous since they're much father away?

Regarding the EMF/LF mode, most measurements are between 0.02 to 0.07 uT. I am using the LF30 mode, which measures from 0.1mG to 10mG and has a frequency range of 50Hz to 1KHZ.

I was noticing that where I sleep I often get body pains, edema, and sore lymph nodes and that happens to be where the levels are at 0.07uT. I believe there is a main electrical wire that comes into my wall right there. It feeds into the electrical box in the garage which is underneath me. But there are layers of cork below my floor, which I think might absorb EMFs?

Thank you so much for the help!

2. Scompy

Scompy Gold

If you have 0.3 mW/square meter on average when you sleep, it's a bit too high. Trying to keep it under 0.1 is advised, and even down to 0.01 is recommended. When you get closer to RF emitters, you'll get more density near them as a bit of a square-root falloff, but reflection and absorption can matter also.

For sleeping space, evaluate with your magnetic and electrical modes to be sure you're not in a field... typically under 1 milliGauss is good.

Marbear likes this.
  3. Scompy

Scompy Gold

FYI... if your circuit breaker box is below you in the garage, where is the smart meter? Closeby?

4. krw2586

krw2586 Gold

Thanks! This is very helpful. I'll try to track down the RF signals and see why it's going up to 0.3 mW/m squared. I have a Roku, which I think can create it's own wifi signal so maybe it is that.

For the magnetic and electrical modes, the readings on my bed are anywhere from 0.02 to 0.07 uT. In parentheses the meter says that is 0.3 to 0.7 mG, so hopefully that's ok. But I'm hypersensitive to EMFs so when it's at 0.7 mG, I have shooting pains and a very stiff, achy spine.

The strongest EMF field is definitely that wall behind my bed and I can even find the precise area on the wall where it goes up to about 1 mG. It's about a 2 foot band that runs along the length of the entire wall. You are right, I looked outside and the smart meter is on the same wall, but below me (it's attached to the outside of the garage and I'm above the garage). All the electrical cords must feed in from there, right?

I also realized that my HVAC unit is in the garage and in the corner below my bed, super close to both the smart meter and the electrical box. When the heat comes on, my EMF meter goes up...

I have been trying to capture the burst of RF from the smart meter and haven't been able to yet. I read they send signals about every 3 minutes, but I have stayed still with the RF mode for about 5 minutes and haven't seen any bursts. I'm wondering if my meter doesn't send wireless signals. There are still some meters in my area that use wired signaling. I also live somewhere that doesn't have a super close cell tower, which of course neighbors complain about, but I'm thankful for it. Of course there are still hundreds of cell towers near me so maybe "close" is relative.

Scompy likes this.
  5. Scompy

Scompy Gold

You probably need to consider moving to a new location in the future or moving the bed farthest away from the wall with the HVAC, meter and such if they spike when they turn on. But only 0.3 to 0.7 mG is pretty darn good. You also may need more grounding overall because you're sleeping elevated, if you know a good spot. My home setup in Seattle was a lot like yours and we had similar issues because of the rooms above the garage. I also had a bit of stray voltage coming into the bed itself. We had that because we had carpet and metal connecting to it, so when I measured my bed, I was surprised.

Depending on the smart meter, they can vary...some turn on at 3am for an hour. Some pulse like every 15 to 30 seconds, some do like you said. Some are still analog. It's a mess.

John Saf and Marbear like this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

We have a lymphatic system that must drain properly.
    In large way drainage is under gravity and by muscle movements.
    We need to move for the system to work.

There is lymphatic massage.
    I think it is best if done by doctor not a masseuse.
    Osteopath doctor. DO

/
    Standing on a head ok.
    Hanging of the feet ng.

//

7. JoeT

JoeT Gold

I have that meter and can just make a few observational comments. You didn't mention if you were in a rural area or not, but you did mention an apartment. Those RF readings seems very fishy, especially since you have Wifi running. For instance, to get my readings not even as low as what you are seeing, i use this mesh over my wifi.

https://www.lessemf.com/computer.html

Second, you should see noticable spikes in the LF30 (magnetic) readings around the incoming electrical main on the other side of your bedroom (to at least a few Mg I think), and around most appliance etc.

Attached Files:

Scompy likes this.
  8. krw2586

krw2586 Gold

Thanks for the thoughts! I am fairly restricted due to health issues and cannot handle much exercise to move lymph. Even 5 minute walks deplete me of oxygen, cause massive lactic acid build up, and lower my blood sugar too much to bounce back from without ingesting glucose. I've even tried rebounding on a mini trampoline for 1 minute, but it left me in bed the entire day and caused a POTS flare with fainting because of low oxygen and blood sugar levels. I do see a lymphatic masseuse that helps some.

I live in an apartment, but it's not in an apartment building. It is free standing over a garage of a single family home. The wifi I use is not in my apartment, but in the single family home that I'm attached to. So that adds some nice distance. I live in Northern Virginia, which is very populated, but I happen to live in an area that is somewhat atypical and not very crowded. There is a horse farm in my backyard and lots of land. The only downside is allergies from the horses, hay, and mold (in the hay)! :)

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Northern Va is terrible because of the S band radar from the Pentagon and airports in the area. IT is a Chernobyl zone as far as I am concerned.

10. krw2586

krw2586 Gold

I would love to move but have about $5,000 to my name total. So unless someone wants to sponsor me or take me in, I'm kinda stuck here for now :)

I'm about 25 miles from the pentagon, and 10 miles from Dulles airport. I seem to be in a rare pocket of low RF readings, few neighbors (my phone doesn't pick up any other wifi signals except my own), and lots of land, so I'm at least thankful for that until I can find a way to peace out of here!

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Well, it costs a lot to get sick and I think when 5 G hits you might change your tune awfully quick. Your area is going to have it before most because of the military.

12. krw2586

krw2586 Gold

Yep, I don't disagree with you at all! The home I live attached to already got 5G. We are separated by a cement wall, which is why I think my RF readings are still so low. The 5G network doesn't reach me so I can only connect to the 4G network.

13. Scompy

Scompy Gold

False-negative potential. I'll bet with a meter that can measure all of the 5G bands they are hijacking, you'd see what you're actually getting. Turn on the sound mode on your Cornet (downbutton-upbutton-downbutton sequence) to hear the RF and see if you can pinpoint what's going on as you turn it. If you hear a lot more volume of intensity from various locations, it may be telling where things are coming from. If I attach my Cornet's antenna side to an aluminum window screen, I can hear radio stations through it. That's another trick that could alter the antenna enough to see if you're hearing abnormalities at higher intensities than the normal RF EMF is showing.

John Saf likes this.
  14. krw2586

krw2586 Gold

Those are great suggestions, thanks! I am definitely getting a lot more noise on the side of the apartment that is closest to the wifi router (it's across the hall and downstairs with a partial cement wall in between us) even though the RF readings don't go up. It's even louder than if I hold it up to my cell phone where I can actually see the readings shoot up. I didn't think about the fact that the Cornet wouldn't be able to read 5G frequencies.

So if 5G is still considered experimental, I wonder if what I have is true 5G. All I know is that the fios guy came a couple months ago and upgraded the router and now there are two networks to choose from: one regular and one with "5G" in the name. He told me that in my apartment the 5G probably wouldn't work because it doesn't have as far of a reach. And true enough my iPhone won't find the 5G network, but my MacBook will (although it's a weak signal). Does that sound like true 5G?

What makes 5G so much worse? Can it penetrate further into bodies because of the higher frequency?

15. Scompy

Scompy Gold

They are making it vague here, but you can see what they want showing 5 differences, but I've seen up to 8 depending on what they are pushing. Basically, they are opening up pandora's box with density potential. Look how she says, "absorbed by plants..." LOL, I like how they omitted saying it's also absorbed by human flesh.

Look at how they want kids to live in the future...

John Saf likes this.
  16. Scompy

Scompy Gold

It's a big blackhole still. One must read between the lines, but it appears 28Ghz to 100 Ghz...

John Saf likes this.
  17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5G is a nightmare and you live in a place where it will ive very soon.

Scompy likes this.
  18. krw2586

krw2586 Gold

Wow those videos are fascinating. In general, is it true to say that the higher the frequency, the more dangerous it is? In one sense I can see how 5G is pretty genius and lucrative. I guess money makes all the decisions. But at what cost? Their greed is going to also be their end.

Once 5G is up nationwide will there be anywhere to get away from it?

This reminds me of the Disney movie Wall-E, where all humanity is lazy, fat, addicted to technology, and dying.

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Living in a microwaved blue lit 5 G world is like being a marine iguana in the Galapagos islands.........there is a cornacopia of life possibilities in the cold sea but that cold water slows your ability to move and live optimally........To thrive you must risk the cold sea and barren landscape and you need to harvest the photosynthetic algae bounty off the rocks below the sea before the cold water slow your ability to wirelessly recharge on the rocks on shore after grazing on the sea. If you focus on this.......nature will take care of you.

20. Scompy

Scompy Gold

John Saf likes this.