1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cori's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Cori, May 2, 2018.

1. Cori

Cori Silver

Grandmother:
    Normal bp, on low side
    No cholesterol issues
    No cardiac issues
    No diabetes
    Knee replaced when elderly
    Colon cancer in 70s
    Gastroparesis in 80s
    Depression in 80s
    Died at 86 years, hemolytic anemia

Mom:
    Mitral valve prolapse diagnosed at first pregnancy
    Goiter at 58
    Normal bp on low side
    Pre cancerous spots removed from skin several times
    GERD
    Food intolerances
    Sensitive to airborne chemicals
    Cholesterol is 210
    Long term sinus infections

ME:
    Infancy and early childhood. (Dallas, Texas)
    • Traumatic birth experience according to mom.
    • Deprived of oxygen.
    • Colic
    • Never slept
    • Walked for 2 steps and was in full sprint mode at 7 1/2 months.

School Years (Germantown, Tennessee until the age of 8. Then suburbs of Chicago until college)
    • Poor concentration
    • Dyslexic (mild)
    • ADD/LD
    • Was held back in 1st grade.
    • Anything relating to numbers is extremely difficult for my brain (life long issue).
    • Required tutors.
    • Suffered from depression from difficult family life, frustration and feeling like a square peg round hole in spite of many friends and varied social circles.
    • Became a lacto-ovo vegetarian at age 13 which lasted to about age 30.
    • Birth Control pills
    • Contracted Lyme & co-infections around the age 11 and went undiagnosed for nearly 30 years.
    • Diagnosed with CFS, Depression and Fybromyalgia in high school
    • Developed many environmental allergies in high school.
    • Quit sports due to fatigue and began working in a flower shop.
      • I didn’t realize how toxic this career path was. I’m loaded with chemicals(herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers, etc)
    • Headaches and knots in my back became a daily, non-stop occurrence that has not stopped in spite of looking for answers non-stop.
    • Was told I had scoliosis and was then ruled out. Many say twisted and tilted hips.
    • Possible leg length discrepancy.
    • Have had many sets of orthotics made for small feet and very high arch.
    • Became intolerant to exercise.

College (Illinois State University)
    • Developed a ton of food allergies.
    • Heavy drinking with friends.
    • I never personally smoked cigarettes but was exposed to it on a regular basis and in large doses.
    • Excelled in college with a full class load and worked more than I should have.
    • Toxic career path continued.
    • Food and environmental allergies continued.
    • Lived in a moldy home (probably several since then)
    • Pharyngitis and chronic tonsil issues

Post college (Chicago)
    • Severe fatigue and depression.
    • Lack of self, direction, purpose.
    • Continued toxic career path.
    • Became severely allergic to Beer. (vomiting, flushed face, swollen lips and severe headaches within 30 minutes of consumption)
    • Intolerant to red and white wine. Seems to be histamine type reaction with massive headaches.
    • Allergic to Tomatoes, Pineapple and Strawberries.
    • Skin became rash and constantly irritated on face, legs and arms.
    • Feel as if I’m in constant fight/flight mode.
    • Hives became a regular issue.

30-40 years old (Chicago, Denver, Wisconsin)
    • More moldy home environments
    • All of the above issues are still problematic
    • Diagnosed with Lyme
    • Hormone issues
    • Thyroid issues
    • Parasites (several heavy hitting cleanses is what got me out of bed)
    • Emotional stress due to not being able to figure out what’s wrong with me and how to fix it.
    • Constant fight/flight mode.

Most recent years 40-43 (Chicago Suburbs)
    • Heavy Lyme, co-infection, heavy metal and parasite treatment with only backward progress in most areas.
    • Traveled to Germany for Cryotherapy of the tonsils and sinuses.
      • The treatment is immune boosting which sent me into a tail spin.
      • My back suffered trauma due to the immune system finding infection that had been living somewhat peacefully in the spine. (We think Varicella Zoster)
      • Anal fistula formed at this exact moment.
      • Ended up in the ER in Amsterdam and put on a plane back to Chicago on Valium, oxycodon, and morphine.
      • Sat in a wheel chair for 2 weeks bc nobody could fit me into their schedule.
      • Began urinating on myself and was rushed into emergency L5/S1 laminectomy/discectomy.
      • Began PT which did’t seem to help.
      • Entered a 4 week all day pain program but quit due to frustration with the staff and their lack of knowledge in chronic illness and the complexities of it.
        • They used a combo laser/Tens unit on my back which was contorting my entire upper body. It took the pigment out of my skin for over a year. Laid me in bed for 3 days. No answers as to why I reacted this way to this day. We think it was a reaction with the heavy metal toxicity I have in my tissues/adhesions.
    • Collagen is being eaten by bugs.
    • Ehler Danlos / Lyme induced
    • Adhesions in back and neck have gotten worse. Chiro and structural docs say tissue has turned to a leather like consistency.
    • Diagnosed with TMD/TMJ
    • Mild sleep apnea
    • Going thru Mal-Occlusion therapy for the 2nd time.
      • Seems to be causing things to shift but very slow going.
      • This will be a very long treatment road.
    • Home compromised by water.
      • Mold remediation and sealed the crawl space
      • Have an EMF/air quality/ etc expert coming to home mid may in hopes of finding more info.
    • Night sweats
    • Horrible hormonal issues
    • Poor sleep and dream re-call
    • Stress over not being able to work often due to failing body.
    • Distress over 3 years of Lyme treatment failure and at a price tag of over 200k in less than 2 years time.

Current thought processes:
    We are heavily considering cutting ties with our Chicago roots.

Planning on Northern Wisconsin from May-November or December

Mexico for the cold months.

C1 and C2 seem to be causing me an incredible amount of pain. Cone Beam CT performed on 5/2/18.

Continuing with bite alignment work as well as beginning PT in July (on a waiting list).

Seeing a sports Chiro that specialized in ART (active release therapy) as all of my neck seems to be leather like with very little mobility and tissues are tough like leather.

Lower back is a daily issue and has never recovered from the back surgery from 2 years ago.

Considering acupuncture and cranial sacral work again.

Attempt to get back to nature while learning as much as possible from all of you!

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Cori for all the detail.........have you found the "getting started" guides?

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

BTW - what are you eating? drinking?

Do you have all electronics out of your bedroom?

Does your house have a smart meter? your neighbours?

Are you able to go to the Yucatan for a couple of weeks and see how you feel?

4. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

I have at least three autoimmune (mitochondrial) disease diagnoses, onset post-lumbar spine surgery over 20 years ago. Went through many neuro-orthopedic allopathic system efforts for a few years. Finally, I refused the 'offer' of implanted titanium rods. Lost more than 3 inches of height from disk erosion. I also have a medically-acknowledged Chemical Sensitivity Syndrome which got me past the insurance payer preference for drug therapies over 'alternatives.'

The ONLY reliable relief that has kept me ambulatory, and living independently with 'bearable' drug-free pain, is weekly/bi-monthly chiropractic with Activator use (not manual manipulation) and a specialty-trained and talented neuromuscular (medical) massage therapist. I was medically 'stable' until a round of antibiotics for pneumonia and developed severe gut/aging issues since (the last 7 years).

Now that 'tax reform' has wiped out 'medical deductions' (which could be devastating for seniors like me on fixed income) I'm needing to conclude working with a 'concierge services' functional medicine provider. Putting in a backyard privacy fence for free future sunlight routines, aiming for DDW and 5G coping management expenses up ahead, and, being a member here seem to be my most optimistic Optimization process for regaining stability, staying ambulatory, and in the least pain at a less-than-ideal latitude... I hardly ever went out in the sun for 40 years, and had a melanoma, so I'm bucking standard advisement and exposing to the sun, with mostly seafood meals, and hydrating as never before. I think I'm seeing some n=1 results going in the right direction!

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    drezy likes this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

SUN (at low latitudes), spend 20 hrs/day outdoor naked or mostly naked
    DDW (only) down to real low numbers, guided by test results
    -------------------------

Good chiropractor 3x/week
    food guided by frequent fatty acids analysis, Sprectracell Micronutrient Analysis, some other.

When you must use stomach acid reducers (for nightly survival), use Betaine HCL daytime so you have some acid to digest your food with.

-------------------------
    Do not procreate.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    Michalis likes this.