1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Corey's Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Corey Nelson, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Corey Nelson

Corey Nelson CoreyNelson.io

Finally got an outside work desk set up. It's just a plastic table that was on sale for $30 from Amazon, plus a box for proper laptop monitor height (and mechanical external keyboard and mouse, ethernet, etc), and an exercise ball to sit on.

What an incredible, immediate difference. Previously I'd been taking multiple sunbathing breaks as often as possible, working inside naked in front of an open window with UV/IR bulbs at the desk, and using Iris. But I still felt fatigued and slightly depressed about being inside when I would work.

Complete game-changer.

2. Corey Nelson

I'm giving a presentation at 3 pm Eastern this saturday on EMF awareness and safety. If you're reading this I hope you'll livestream, or PM me for a recording after the fact!

Hidden Harm Flyer.jpg

Here's the event and here's my FB biz page for livestreaming on Saturday.

Please feel free to share with friends/family who might be interested as well, or share via social media. I would be very grateful!

3. Corey Nelson

Oysters (of course) for the quantum health win!

64614766_306013736949443_5715111538231083008_n.jpg
    64579405_2295259187358910_4707188868271570944_n.jpg

Phosphene likes this.
  4. Corey Nelson

Quantum jackpot! I'm in Isla for 5 days so far, been staying with Lloyd and doing the "Lloyd protocol" of maxing out on time in the water/sun each day.

Planning to be here for as long as my tourist visa allows (5+ months), then probably go to Ecuador in the winter to compare, then maybe more towards the center of the Chicxulub Crater late spring or early summer of 2020. Then probably back to Isla yet again to compare.

Too much to write about at the moment, but some highlights: despite getting no sleep the night of the (7am) flight and flying out of 5G Charlotte where the airport had LITERAL blue lights, and ~6 hours of sleep per night most nights since then, I've felt great all week and worked (writing health content for the web for other companies) efficiently so far. No naps (my main gauge of mito function in light of my former chronic fatigue) and feel fine even after drinking 2-3 beers.

Meditating every morning with fellow Kruser @Dave Key as well who has been awesome to get to know. Also met the Fangs a couple of times, awesome Kruser couple.

Today I tried "nostril Rolfing" at Lloyd's suggestion for my deviated septum, at solar noon, naked in a well-protected cove...top 5 most intense experiences of my life, easily. I was able to bury my left pinky 100% in my right nostril to the knuckle, and got the right pinky into my (deviated) left nostril to the second knuckle, so about 65-70%.

There was a sort of condom made from a latex glove, and a lot of coconut oil involved. According to Lloyd I can give it another go Monday. Already noticing big differences in breathing.

Highly recommend coming out here long-term to anyone who can. Make sure to network.

5. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

I love to meet and visit with all the members that visit and live here. We all learn from each other and have a great time.
    I'm glad you and Rachel are so close by now. Welcome to Mexico!

Phosphene and Corey Nelson like this.
  6. @Corey Nelson what do you do for work? Sounds like an awesome journey

Corey Nelson likes this.
  7. Corey Nelson

@Christine_L I do writing on health topics for web sites, with an increasing focus on quantum health. Planning to transition gradually (back) to health coaching in the future.

I send out a free newsletter every month or so, wrote about lessons learned and tips for Mexico quantum health travel in the latest one. If you want me to forward it to you, feel free to PM your email address. You don't need to subscribe but if you want to, the Sx form is at my site (under my user photo). But to get the back issue you'd need to PM me.

I also have a new article on deuterium coming out soon, will share here when it's out.

LieselK and Christine_L like this.
  8. Corey Nelson

No major updates, but having a low-EMF work area and getting a good balance of sun to work is working well. Adding beef back to the menu after nearly two months without is a win (lots of steaks smothered in butter).

Missing CT, but drinking Malbec on the beach isn't bad!

Feeling good enough to join a gym for twice-weekly lifting (workouts below), and going to barefoot run twice a week as well. Making a resolution to do some freediving daily for a month, too.

Phosphene and Bob Stirling like this.
  9. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Will be nice to meet others when I get down there for 3 weeks in January!

shah78, Corey Nelson and Dave Key like this.
  10. Corey Nelson

New update, was given/lent a CT tub right after posting that I miss CT! Can't wait to see the net gain here.

Also, as I'm re-quitting caffeine (and soon nicotine gum) I'm testing out "breath of fire" breathing for more energy and to change states.

Here's the workout program I mentioned:

Exercise Sets x Reps RPE
    Session A
    A1. Loaded Carries 5 x ? (vary the distance, weight, and volume)
    A2. Goblet squats 5 x 10 RPE 9
    B1. Overhead BB press 5 x 5 RPE 8-9
    B2. Bodyweight pullup (various ways) 5 x ? RPE 9-10

Session B
    A1. Dead lift* 8 x 3 RPE 9
    A2. Cable kneeling crunch** 8 x 5-8 RPE 8-9
    B1. Overhead press*** 3 x 10 RPE 8-9
    B2. Bent-over single DB row 3 x 10 RPE 9-10

*switch to rack dead lift after doing double bodyweight for reps
    **later switch to full contact BB twist
    ***later switch to dips and switch B1 and B2 reps to 10 x 3

RPE is this: https://articles.reactivetrainingsystems.com/2017/12/05/how-to-use-rpe-in-your-training-correctly/

Running: barefoot twice a week for 30 minutes, focus on posture, relaxation, and 180 strides per minute, nose breathing. If mouth breathing occurs walk until it's easy to nose breath while running again. Pretty simple form of autoregulation that doesn't require a wireless heart rate monitor.

Christine_L likes this.
  11. Corey Nelson

Absolutely! You or any other visiting member should definitely get in touch :)

12. Corey Nelson

Bit of a long-winded post about some major skin issues I'm experiencing, here in Isla (time course: been here over 4 months, skin issues began ≤3 months ago). Not the histamine-mediated EMF ones I used to get from RF, but I think they may still be RF-related in a sense.

It's either rather severe acne, or another type of skin infection. Mostly confined to my back and legs. Had acne as a teen and some "supplement"-related acne in my early 20s, but nothing close to this for 10+ years. I've got a new lesion coming up every other day or so. Main health focus right now is solving this issue.

Hypothesis: I've been using plenty of ascorbic acid to test out the protocol of A Former Member Who Shall Not Be Mentioned (and I do post that here knowing that it may draw flak, but also knowing other forum members who are doing the same - not interested to debate it, just an N=1 experiment). Anyway, there are some animal studies indicating AA supplementation could deplete copper or cause deficiency in other ways (which said member once brushed off in her FB group because she didn't understand how to use the body surface area coefficient to derive human equivalent dosage from animal studies, but I digress). Copper deficiency may increase conversion of testosterone to DHT and contribute to acne, and the magnetic anomaly and sun here are probably boosting my T levels quite a bit to begin with.

I've been faithful about quantum health protocols and I sleep in an area with undetectable RF levels on my meter, but the following factors may also contribute:
    • Higher RF background levels from the cell towers all over the fucking island, as opposed to the rural forest where I was living before
    • Less DHA in diet (salmon infrequently as it's not available all the time here, compared to lots of oysters each week back home - thankfully just got a connection for lots of weekly raw oysters through teamwork with @shah78 )
    • Went from eating fermented foods daily to no fermented foods here
    What to do:
    • Stop ascorbic acid immediately
    • Supplement copper sensibly ASAP
    • Add homemade sauerkraut and other fermented foods back
    • Keep eating oysters (DHA, copper, etc)
    That's it for now. Will post results of changes.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    LieselK likes this.
  13. Novah

Novah Gold

Watching. 5 months ago my skin went nuts out of the blue - acne too, despite plenty of sunshine. I'm not sure what caused it, my RF levels etc show up super low on my meters. My doc found low homocysteine levels (she thinks I may have been overmethylating) and low copper levels. My hormones all tested normal. Calamari and beef liver are good sources of copper as well. Have you checked your copper/zinc and homocystine levels? Vitamin A levels?
    https://www.drkarafitzgerald.com/2017/04/04/low-homocysteine-concern/

P.S. Have you seen a doc to rule out any other type of infection?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  14. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Very important question, which meter are you using? And what sort of background levels is your meter showing around the island?

Novah likes this.