1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Corey's Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Corey Nelson, Jun 21, 2018.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2019-4-26_8-10-23.png

2. Corey Nelson

Corey Nelson CoreyNelson.io

This last time I got a good deal on it because of some sale, plus a discount code from Luke Storey worked together.

I plan on just doing saliva deuterium levels through Kriben Govender at allele microbiome next time, much cheaper.

Solidsilverteeth likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Please tell me more about that test.
    Post Links please.

upload_2019-4-26_8-23-24.png

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

5. Solidsilverteeth

Solidsilverteeth New Member

IT would be good to do multiple test from different sources to check the accuracy of each one.

It's a great idea to invest in yourself this way, I would imagine it's even more incentive to make good decisions with your choices.

How much is the cheapest Dueterium levels test, and will there be cheaper tests in the future? How accurate is that one for $110?

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

8. Solidsilverteeth

I wonder if that $75 D test would be good for testing your urine?

Tests are getting cheaper, I’m looking forward to $20 tests as soon as possible. Maybe 5 tests for $100!

Corey Nelson likes this.
  9. Solidsilverteeth

There is so much more to the story

As Jack said in his 2018 nourish Vermont at 15mins in

Deuterium isn’t as bad if it’s in the right place.

And your circadian rhythm controls if it’s a good actor or a bad actor

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  10. Corey Nelson

Yeah, I don't think DDcenters will test your saliva or urine for $75.

So to me $110 for urine or saliva makes sense over $325 from DDcenters for breath and urine or saliva. It may make sense to occasionally test both but I'm not concerned enough to pay an additional $215 every time.

For that matter you could buy your own respiratory condensate collection tubes, and mail that in, to get everything tested for $220 total at Allele if you wanted (plus the cost of the collection tubes and aluminum freezer tube, or you could probably DIY a metal tube).

In related news, my senior citizen dad's D-terminator results just came back after about 50 days of ~101ppm DDW (Qlarivia blend), daily sun for several months, and moderately strict LCHF all winter. His initial test results were quite alarming, 154 and 150ish (can't recall which was breath and which was urine) ppm which definitely, definitely correlates with his medical history over the past 5 years (I won't disclose more for the sake of his privacy).

As of a few days ago his second test came in and the results were 130 breath, ~134 urine. He's since switched to 1:1 Qlarivia-25 dilution, so he should be able to break below the 130ppm body deuterium level cutoff during his 90-100 day ddw protocol (same as mine in my signature link).

His "depletion factor" is bad according to the test (breath is supposed to be higher than saliva or urine) but overall I consider it a win since the water is working very well.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    JanSz and Solidsilverteeth like this.
  11. Corey Nelson

Just some normal updates:

4.5-6 hours of sunbathing (including sunrise/AM sun) most days recently. UVB has been 9 or higher, today it was 10 and it was the most intense day all year so far for sun. Very intense sweating occurs for me pretty quickly in this type of sun around solar noon, and I get pretty tired (in a pleasant way) if I don't go to the shade. Last year I could tolerate 3+ hours of it around solar noon at the summer solstice, but I have to do a bit less if it's a day where I need to be "productive."

Had a great day yesterday, with a new barefoot, naked, outside kettlebell session (below) preceded by water restriction (ended up having my first H2O around 2pm that day) and followed by a nice, long 61 degree F CT shower afterwards (and then, back outside in direct sun).

• Warmup: spiderman crawls, tumbling, shadow boxing, loaded carries
    • Workout: 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 (reps) on standing double KB overhead press, bent-over dKB row, and hinges (various)
    • Cooldown: loaded carries, kettlebell squats with prying
    Planning to stay with this template and work my way up to 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1.

My bodyweight is currently about 189lb when I'm water-restricted, so a bit more when fully hydrated with external water intake. Excited to see if I happen to gain some healthy weight as I reintroduce seasonal carbs over the later spring/summer/early fall.

Also doing a lot of digital detoxing from cell phone usage, going for < 30 minutes per day even when I'm not intentionally detoxing.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    Christine_L and Solidsilverteeth like this.
  12. MingP

MingP New. Gold. Thirsty.

That's totally awesome. I'd love to hear that story!

Corey Nelson likes this.
  13. Corey Nelson

Minor updates:
    • Ran out of DDW a few days earlier than planned, awaiting test results - depending on results and finances, will either run 25 ppm straight for a few weeks, maintain @ 125ppm for a while, or just skip it
    • Resuming methylene blue (for now, 10mg oral 3x per day) and nicotine gum this week
    • Been doing a great job getting lots of sun, often 5+ hours each day
    • Fatigue is diminished recently
    • No electrical hypersensitivity hives or histamine issues in weeks
    • Still doing a great job getting lots of fairly high-UVB sun (9-10+)
    • Finally started waking up pre-sunrise without relying on an alarm again :)
    • Now mixing sea salt 2:1 with NOW potassium chloride, thanks to a tip I read from @Scompy

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  14. Corey Nelson

Still awaiting my D-terminator test #2, it's taking longer than usual.

Had a rough week this past week, need to focus on earlier bedtime. Getting in bed at 10-10:30pm then reading, and waking up around 6am, I've felt very sleep deprived. Some incautious EMF exposure may also be the culprit (but no hives, which is a win).

The sun has been excellent here, UVB index of 11 recently. I also did mountain waterfall CT twice this past week, and even got to meditate inside of the waterfall. Amazing experience, highly recommended!

Decided to end the blue lenses @ 5-10 min daily experiment (see earlier posts for explanation, Jacob Lieberman idea). Perhaps unsurprisingly I noticed no benefit, and it may have contributed to some unpleasant sensations.

15. Corey Nelson

Added a trial of ascorbic acid (2g 5x/day) and it seems to be helping mood and fatigue quite a bit. I'll run it for 3 weeks, reevaluate, and figure out how to incorporate it longer-term. I don't think daily without a break is the way to go.

Also had some really rough pollen allergies recently and found that quercetin 2000-3000 mg works very well.

I made a meme:

quantum health expanding brain meme.jpg

16. Corey Nelson

DDW results are finally in. This was 3+ weeks before I completed my 90-day depletion protocol. More details on that in my signature line. Starting point was near 150 for breath and saliva.

• 113.2 ppm breath
    • 116.2 ppm saliva
    • ATP production factor 85.2%
    • Depletion factor 2.6% ("Please note that utilizing deuterium depleting water therapy significantly lowers the deuterium burden in your tissue, organs, and biological fluids, and may therefore temporarily decrease your calculated Depletion Factor when compared to tests measuring your native ability to deplete deuterium while not on therapy.")

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Christine_L likes this.
  17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

on 3/21/2019
    Started (3 Qlarivia + 1)='=(3*25+1*150)/4=56.25ppm
    4/30/2019 got urine and brethy samples
    today 5/31/2019 got partial results
    Breathy 8 Results 102.6ppm
    Urine 8 Results 104.5ppm
    Kit #8 ID D-0505-1
    ----------------
    My all tests
    upload_2019-5-31_19-46-40.png

18. Congratulations! Biggest change since your first interval.

19. Great job!

Corey Nelson likes this.
  20. Corey Nelson

Finally got an outside work desk set up. It's just a plastic table that was on sale for $30 from Amazon, plus a box for proper laptop monitor height (and mechanical external keyboard and mouse, ethernet, etc), and an exercise ball to sit on.

What an incredible, immediate difference. Previously I'd been taking multiple sunbathing breaks as often as possible, working inside naked in front of an open window with UV/IR bulbs at the desk, and using Iris. But I still felt fatigued and slightly depressed about being inside when I would work.

Complete game-changer.