1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cooking with blood

Discussion in 'Epi-Paleo Recipes' started by Gagnrad, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

Posted yesterday by the inimitable Sally Fallon Morell:

http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/cooking-with-blood/

Kana likes this.
  2. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Danny likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Blood is a huge source of UV light..........hence why the vitamin D is present. Sally needs to dig deeper why this is a big deal. Tensegrity 7 and the Ubi series opens that can worms.

Danny, seanb4 and David Limacher like this.
  4. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

When you go back to premedia /supermarket age, sauerkraut and blood sausage appeared on the menu in autumn as seasonal foods. The pig was fattened and hen slaughtered in the early days of autumn. The trad. explanation of availability and storage for winter falls short of explaining the whole story.
    (Eg My Gran brought up on a farm turned her nose up at people who ate sauerkraut in summer.Never had an explanation ,just said it was no good in summer ..period..)

Edited to correct spelling

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Josh (Paleo Osteo) likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^see that.........history has a clue.

6. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

I don't know … the explanation you gave does seem quite plausible. And certainly drinking fresh blood from kills was known among hunter-gatherers. And I doubt they avoided doing that in certain seasons - although game may not have been plentiful at all times in some environments. Again, how about herders like the Maasai: was their consumption of blood seasonal? Not as far as I know.

Be that as it may, here's another thought. AFAIK, blood is relatively high in sodium - and this puts a question mark against the Paleo war on salt.

Cordain has quietly dropped "canola" (rapeseed oil) and diet sodas (and a few other things that were originally in there) and has moved on total fat and saturated fat … and a few other issues where he tended to align himself with the mainstream. But he ain't moving on salt.

Funny if the mainstream moves on salt - there are indications it might - and leaves Paleo behind.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

No..........all blood has hemoglobin. What do you know about Hb and chlorophyll? Not much it appears. Both are made of a porphyrin ring. The ring is a donut.......at its inside is 4 nitrogen atoms...........chlorophyll has Mg in it and Hb has iron in it.........that is the only difference..........

What makes them both special? They both absorb all frequencies of UV light naturally.

That is why eating blood has a dramatic effect on health........like DHA it allows us to assimilate light frequencies. Now stop and dont post another word..........go read Roeland van Wijk book to completion.............then come back to this thread.

When you learn what the Russians found 100 yrs ago and add this knowledge..........you are in Jack Kruse's world of optimal. Everything is about light. Y'all just dont know it and the paleo guys are among the most clueless about it.

Anything that causes cells to lose UV light causes specific disease. If life cant get UV light it also gets ill and dies too quick. Where is DHA in blood? RBC mass. What does DHA do? turn light to a DC electric current............but what does plasma do? plasma becomes an EZ because of the presence of DHA in RBC mass. The EZ then absorbs UV light on a massive scale and it delivers it to fluorophores in proteins.

Now........UV increases O2 in venous blood too................bet ya did not know that. So link this to the latest data I gave you about your current ecosystem on Earth in Ubi 18 which is clear you did not get.

Let's refer specially to the case of CO2, global Temperature, global Nitrogen flux (storage and release), and their net effect on global SystemicUbiquitination rates. We must understand that any perturbation in the cycle leads to feedback somewhere else in the cycle.

This is important to bear in mind, or else you may get confused by claims like "CO2 rises in response to Temperature", or "Temperature rises due to higher CO2", or "CO2 levels drive ubiquitination rates". The answer to each of those questions is Yes, Yes, and Yes -- all inputs drive all outputs in a coupled cycle.

Of course, all of the drivers in the coupled cycle are just methods of encoding / representing the Electromagnetic force. It bears repeating that life is designed to work with low-power / low frequency electromagnetic radiation. UV is at the lower end is it not?

Implication: Any increase in EMF power, from any source whatsoever, will increase progression of biological time (high Ubiquitination). If you cannot deal with this fast-forwarding of the biological clock, you die.

This means higher EM spectrum energies are bad or a lack of the low one are also bad and cause the same issues.................

Now go read Van wijk's book.................

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

All disease is a deficit in UV light at some level........or a leak of it from a cell's antenna. I wrote a blog about that antenna did I not.........? read it to and forget about sodium in food.

Danny and SCRN2007 like this.
  9. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

Checking under "Van Wijk" at Amazon - and bearing in mind you mentioned light, I suppose this must mean this:

http://www.amazon.com/Light-shaping-life-Biophotons-medicine/dp/9081884328/

At that price, given my salary, I think I'll have to give it a miss unfortunately. Haven't looked but I'll guarantee no library in our county has it either - since they haven't much else.

seanb4 likes this.
  10. Holy f....game changer.....

Joe Gavin, Danny and cantweight like this.
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Now Gagnrad........instead of talking poetry and paleo.........read something that matters to all life........including your own. That book and this thread might change your entire life.

Danny likes this.
  12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Jack is very salty when he is on trauma call.............

SlamSlask, Cpt.Tired, seanb4 and 3 others like this.
  13. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

I can buy that in the final analysis paleo doesn't matter to life. But that poetry doesn't? That's a hard sell, Jack.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  14. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Living near the equator is a game changer.
    The Masai do...

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

After van wijk tell me that...........

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Awareness is useless if you don't know why or how to use it.........Yew got that answer before he moved. DHA in RBC's had to occur first.

NDC74, Danny and Lahelada like this.
  17. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

They do. But they're not the only herders there have been. There have been herders in more temperate climates - just not so much in recent times (for obvious reasons). Although, having said that, there were in Scotland as recent as the 18th century.

And then there are hunter-gatherers. Pretty cold in Minnesota much of the time, for example. And I've certainly seen video of Evenki in Siberia drinking blood in the snow, filmed by an ex-SAS man and mountaineer and even he had to put his gloves back on pretty quick.

18. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

G . you have not seen the light ;) This not about herding or agriculture or paleo. This is light cycles /seasons and how people instinctivley reat to them. I could tell you that I grew up with blood sausage but hated it. Recently I craved it . The doc would probably tell me that my body is trying to get me to see the light or that failing that I will join the great white light sooner. I was infering that people had the same instinct with regards to diet. Keep alive while UV light vit D is sparse. The Masai have the darkest skin grade (6)on earth.

19. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

It's rather the case that you do not have the the ethnographic knowledge and opened your mouth without knowing that - as I showed.

I did not say that light - and how its energy got into plants and then the animals that ate them and so on - was unimportant. Nor do I doubt for one moment that the book that Jack was referring to - the one I found, I take it - is a very important book. I'm sure it is if he says so.

It's just you jumped in with an irrelevant and inaccurate comment about the Maasai without having the background to know you were wrong in your ethnographic assumptions.

20. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

If my lighthearted comment about seeing the light offended you I apologise.Note I was equally flippant about myself.
    I rarely post without checking facts when the subject is not my specialty. Neither did I in this case.
    However, there is no point in continuing this conversation .