1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum. After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum. Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis. Sorry for the Inconvenience, but we hope you understand that this is needed to prevent the community from being ridden with malicious users!

Contradicting info for carbs.

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by Billybats, Jun 28, 2017.

1. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

I have been thinking about this all week. I wish there was an app that gave the visable, ir, uva, uvb levels and times depending on location. It would be nice to know the exact frequencies I am assimilating. Right now I go naked outside at about 7:10am in Detroit latitude and have no idea if uva is present then or if I need to go out earlier. But then I spend about 1hr 20 min in the sun till about 10am. Then maybe go out for another 10-20 min from 10am-12. How much more should I be going out the rest of the day? I am fair skin and get pretty red in some spots like the knees,chest and cheeks. Thanks for all the great posts Jack!
  2. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Thank you Dr. J for all your posts as well and would like to know OptimalSkr answer as well. Good question, was wondering the same. I think I read a few saying and I think Dr. J to get as much sun as possible especially between 6am and 11am, I think. I would also like to know about the other times of day.

I have a question about lasers. I work for a company that makes all different kinds for universities and mostly for skin, hair, and eyes doctors for hair removal and tattoos. My question is about removal of tattoos and hair , no I don't have any tattoos but being Italian..lol yes to hair. I was wondering how lasers effect the body while having these removals done. I am guessing it is causing damage and for the tattoos I would think it the ink is getting reabsorbed and causing even more harm but would it be getting eliminated eventually. I do know if I am I making sense. Also when they are testing lasers within the building what type of harm. It is concerning to me, of course.
  3. drezy

drezy Gold

Jack mentioned Scompy's spectrometer.

Also @OptimalSkr you're a young man you have the elasticity to build your own sensors which could be way better than off the shelf or generic web predictions. I've kept it bottled up so far but it feels like we could use a hackers corner here.

@Scompy mentions citizen scientists here: https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/scompys-journal.16641/page-49#post-217024

Maybe it's also time for citizen engineers as well.

Hackers Corner: If you'd like to know the UV-A numbers right where you're at you might want to look into this module

https://www.adafruit.com/product/2899
    Available on Amazon prime here ( https://www.amazon.com/Adafruit-VEML6070-Index-Sensor-Breakout/dp/B01K9GHU66/ref=sr_1_1?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1498761307&sr=1-1&keywords=vishay uv sensor )

If anyone ends up wanting to hack their own life's in this way, I'm game for supporting it with videos and notes shared.

Not all answers from sensors will be good news, but still worth knowing....
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    Brent Patrick likes this.
  4. drezy

drezy Gold

@Jack Kruse

My son went for some solar noon light in his tan-thru and reported that he fell asleep and got a bit extra. I asked him what he thinks caused that and he replied "NO from the skin got into my blood and I was really relaxed".

I know the consult I had with you was focused on my mother, but my son hung out in the background and has a big take away from it too. I've even thought about the fact that your consult with my mom, if she doesn't act on it, may be kabuki for my son. He's made changes in his life since then and I'm glad that he has. If he's the one who walks away with the most change over time, than we are still in a very winning position. The membership and consult were more than well worth it.
    Brent Patrick and caroline like this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Build it. That is what a mitochondriac would do. The answer to time is in the SNP MTHFR thread.
    Brent Patrick and drezy like this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This makes me happy. Membership can entangle many people we care about to raise the dopamine of the network we care for.
    Brent Patrick, caroline and drezy like this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Hair is an electromagnetic antenna to help you sense your environment well. Leave it alone. Samson hair alert. I'd leave tattoo's alone
    ValerieBee and Brent Patrick like this.
  8. drezy

drezy Gold

Build, build, and build like a beaver once you get your first senses of where we are!
    Brent Patrick and caroline like this.
  9. dusty doris

dusty doris New Member

I have been wondering about UVA as well. I typically go outside naked at sunrise, which is currently about 5:20AM. I spend about an hour outside (till about 6:30). I wasn't previously aware of the UVA importance, just the concept of "morning light". So, I was curious if there was any UVA during that timeline and if I need to extend it or start it later in order to get the most benefits.

So, today I ran an experiment. I used the UV meter that Scompy mentioned in that article. It says it detects both UVA and UVB. It doesn't differentiate between the two, just measures those spectrums.

https://www.amazon.com/Educational-...UTF8&qid=1485276935&sr=8-2&keywords=UVB meter

I also heard that you can approximate the UVA by taking going about halfway between sunrise and the start time of UBV according to the dminder app.

Here are my notes from this morning.

Sunrise: 5:21AM
    Dminder Vitamin D: 7:58AM
    Estimated UVA Time: ~6:40AM

Using the meter, I got no UV readings from 5:15AM until 6:30AM. At 6:35 I started getting readings. I wrote down the degrees elevation that dminder gave me as well. The UV index on my meter hit 1 a few minutes before dminder did, but it was pretty close. I'm not sure what exactly the UV Index means on the meter, I'm assuming its just count of total UV, rather than specifically UVB as dminder said that I wouldn't have Vitamin D potential until well after the UVI was above 0.

Readings:
    6:30AM - 0
    6:35AM - 4 mW/m2, 0 UV index, 13 degrees sun
    6:40AM - 8 mW, 0 UV index, 14 degrees
    6:45AM - 14m, 1 UV index, 15 degrees
    6:50AM - 18m, 1UVI, 16 deg
    6:55AM - 25m, 1UVI, 16 deg
    7:00AM - 30m, 1UVI 17 deg
    7:30AM - 55m, 2UVI, 25 deg
    8:00AM - 55m, 2UVI, 32 deg

So, according to the meter, it looks like I started getting some UVA at about 6:35AM, which is 5 minutes before the estimated UVA (based on the half way point between sunrise and UVB). So, in my location, right now, it appears that is a decent way to estimate UVA.

Another interesting note, is that I was told UVA penetrates windows, but not UVB. However, using that meter today, I was showing 0 UV through the window this morning. Even pointing it directly at the sun. Perhaps its just not sensitive enough or the windows can only block UVA up to a certain amount, then more leaks in. But, when I opened the window I was able to read some UV inside the house although not as much as being outside.

Based on this, I am now going to try to extend my session until about 7AM. Or at the least, I will always open the windows and door in my kitchen (which faces the sun) to allow some UVA to enter the home while I am cooking the family eggs and bacon.
  10. Ted

Ted New Member

Nice work.
    I believe that between the time the Dminder shows you a uv1 and the time that it tells you can make vitamin d is the uva time. So, your times are pretty accurate.
    dusty doris likes this.
  11. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Happy Thursday,

I just came on here today to vent. Just about the whole week every morning is cloudy:(:mad::rolleyes::tears::thumbsdown::alien::shit: lol.. and I am feeling the effects. I miss you Sunshine. I haven't been sleeping well. I am going to also make bigger changes with other things. I notice for sure the blue light and whatever else comes from holding your phone. I have been noticing more effects while holding my phone. Within I would say about 5-10 minutes I start getting pain in my hand then travels up my arm and my whole side starts hurting, I am talking pain not from muscles but from electric. You know muscle pain is sore, which I feel that some but I have another pain, lol wait just came to me ..nerve pain.. and also feeling forgetful or you can say slow thinking. I haven't been obedient with SUN, EMF, WATER and MAGNETISM... YOU HAVE TO BE ...PERIOD!!!!!!! EMF SUCKS THE BIG ONE..AND ITS LITERALLY IS SUCKING THE LIFE OUT OF ME.. The one I am not sure how to go about is magnetism.

I am also proud of my sweat shirt in my avatar picture (comes with matching pants). It says on it SLEEP, DREAM, LOVE and as an weird plus it has 1982 on it which is when I graduated from highschool..lol it is perfect for cool summer nights because it is thin and light weight..:thumbsup::cool:

This is what I sing on cloudy days:

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
    You make me happy when skies are gray
    You'll never know dear, how much I love you
    Please don't take my sunshine away
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    Mitchell97 and Phosphene like this.
  12. Markus56

Markus56 New Member

How do you guess uvA optimum time?
  13. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Lasers used for skin resurfacing, and surgeries but mostly on the skin.. are they bad.