1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Contact Lense without UV filter

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Tff, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Tff

Tff New Member

Hey folks,

I wear contact lenses but most brands have UV filters.
    Does anyone found good lenses without filters?

If so, what brand? Seems like all the latest and best/most comfortable ones have filters.
    I use the type that you remove at night and reuse for 2 weeks.

I assume that no UV filter is more Epi-paleo!?
    I do try to get at least 5 mins of lens free sunlight at 8am everyday, more at weekends.

Thanks!!!

2. Terminator

Terminator New Member

Even if you find contacts that don't block UV, you should not wear them ever ! Dr. Kruse said this many times, it is no different than putting a tarp over a three ! Tarp kills it over time = contacts destroy your vision and more further over time !

Mystic Rose60 likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^^ that

4. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

You need uv light AND oxygen tff! Contacts and cataract lenses prevent the oxygen absorption.

5. Tff

Tff New Member

Thanks for the replies.
    I do hate being 'that guy' who asks before reading or researching! I did search the forum first and am getting through Jack's blogs too, i should reread Jacks book as its been a few years.