1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Consequences of Any Light After Dark (even Red)

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Matty_M, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

Also I dont trust that my Feit black lights are devoid of extra blue light they seem mighty green when i slip my blue blockers on.. Unfortunatly I have not been able to order the recommended duracells from batteries and bulbs because they wont ship to canada. Anyone have a hook up for a good UVA for us north of the border?

2. Matty_M

Matty_M Purple Angel Club

I've been trying it and I end up feeling like I'm getting nothing done, because I go through all the motions during the day with school (thankfully I have all morning free periods) and after sunset was generally a time when I would read by candlelight.

I feel like the health benefit of using darkness after dark consistently could not possibly outweigh the benefit from reading an extra 2-3 hours/day, especially if it's Jack's blog and giving me a better understanding of what I need to do for my health, and more so how I will make a career with this stuff.

Yet, everything else Quantum, including CT being outside a lot, seemed like a big inconvenience at first to the low dopamine mind, yet the benefit is so tremendous, I couldn't not do it.

I have a feeling that most people on the forum do not use darkness after dark, especially at northern latitudes, but do use the lowest light possible.

Martha Ray and seanb4 like this.
  3. CatherineHFD

CatherineHFD New Member

Hi Caroline .. a couple of questions if you don't mind ..

(1) what are your new blue blockers? where did you get them? I just ordered a pair of nocturnals from Ra Optics .. I'll see if I like the design of the ones I bought first before ordering some daywalkers .. Specsavers in Sydney said the evidence is not there to warrant worrying about the effects of blue light on the retina etc, so I just let it go ..

(2) I read somewhere that Dr Kruse mentioned certain mobile phones were the worst, certain types of cell towers were more devastating, and certain carriers also .. were the worst .. I'd like to know which, given we are the canaries in the coal mine, I think we more than anyone need to know .. Has he put this info out anywhere yet? .. specifics I mean ..

thanks

4. CatherineHFD

CatherineHFD New Member

the problem with candles is finding a bulk supply that aren't made of synthetic crap that fill the air .. I guess it would have to be beeswax or soy .. what is a healthy alternative so you're not solving one problem, while creating another. I'm still searching for bayonet style amber globes for after dark .. they shouldn't be so hard to find .. if someone knows even where to find party lights that are amber .. please do let me know .. thanks

5. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

You could make candles with rendered beef suet in old glass jars. Vanilla, sweet orange and clove essential oils sound nice.

6. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Really ..candles made with tallow.

I just started using hurricane lamps.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

generally we use UVEX blue light blockers and we also have carbon shades. They are quite a big darker. I will be interested to hear about you RA optics. I would like to get a prescription pair but not sure how to get all that right. My partner bought some prescription glasses from an optometrist that are supposed to block blue light but they aren't very good and cost a lot.

The best cell phones are the really old ones and all the rest are all bad. I don't recall that Jack has said one carrier is worse than another

Jack has just mentioned on FB that we should throw our phones in the nearest river ....or ocean in our case!

Are you following EMF warriors? Jason Baden Powel is in Sydney.

The best things we can do for ourselves is live in very low population areas and as far away from towers as possible, and always keep our cell phones etc on airplane.

drink good, imported water

8. Martha Ray

Martha Ray Martha Ray

Hi Matty, I am new It's Dec of 2019 and I live at 38.0293° N. I am suffering from information overload. I have thought and thought and have a wonderful plan to using the 4 hour darkness time before effectively for me. I've just not done it yet. I do have a plan to get completely ready for bed and then listen to hour long lessons on a MP3 player while lying on an 7" Mattress Elevator in complete darkness. I'm giving a trial to Incline Bed Therapy. I'll start with 2 hours and work up to 4 hours will get up every so often to stand, stretch,move some and do a nighttime Egoscue body work routine Then will go straight to bed to sleep.

Going to look back at newbie recommendations and try and get some comfort there... I get into trouble when I hear some tidbit and want to try and apply it right away. Surely others have gone down this same path. Your post seemed to confirm that... things that seem impossible at first become possible. Like faith as the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not yet seen.

Thank you for what you posted.

Green Eyes and Inger like this.