1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

confused abt CT

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by optimeyes, Mar 14, 2012.

1. optimeyes

optimeyes New Member

I'm in central Florida. We have probably 2 weeks of "cold" weather and then it's just cold mornings, and now we are at 65 degrees around dawn, getting up to 85. The pool is already 78 degrees without the heater. There's really no way

to get cold from my environment :) So the best I've been able to do is stop doing super hot showers and today was the first day of "cold" shower (I don't know the temp but it was prob 80 degrees, so not really COLD lol)

So I don't even know if my tiny attempts are going to do a darned thing. I mean, I have been turning the air down from 78 degrees in the house to 75. Before I would be cold at 75 and now I am getting used to it. (We moved from Md to Fl in 2006; before we moved we kept the home temp at 70 degrees, but the electric bill down here gets up into the 500$ range per month even at 78 degree setting... soon it will be hot and I won't be able to afford cranking down to 75!)

From reading Jack's blog, I thought he was saying that people in warm climates would be able to eat more carbs, but those where there were definite non-growing seasons, those people needed to be strict carnivores during the hibernation months?? But then tonight where I was reading, he seemed to be saying if you ate carbs and lived in a warm environment, you were doomed. :confused:

I am ready to move! Hahah! Great, people move to Florida to die. :(

2. Garfield

Garfield New Member

Jack would say: "Last I heard you could still get ice in Florida."

3. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Jack also said that we all stem from cold adapted mammals or species that developed in the icy cold oceans long before we became land-living, smart hominids. So I think thats the original blueprint for the cold-adapted pathway in our DNA.

4. marthabob2u

marthabob2u New Member

I am in a similar situation in Mexico- there is no way to turn down Mother Nature's heat since we don't have air conditioning.

I have quite a lot of ice blocks which I keep in the freezer between CT sessions in the tub. It helps a lot to cool the tap water down but I have no thermometer yet to track how cold it gets. We are in a small town and I guess my best bet might be a pet store in the closest major center, so next trip to Manzanillo I will check for one.

Since I am still overweight I am using coconut oil as well as lots of seafood in my diet. Spring is starting already in Mexico but when we get home to northern BC I will have ice cold creek water to work with- so much easier!

5. mumone

mumone New Member

I hear you...I'm in a subtropical world too....

I run my car aircon on 16 and recirculate,

keep our bed room door shut at night and run the aircon at 16 (its lowest setting) and wear socks , a beanie but no bed covers or pjs (much) :)

now DH tells me I'm always warm even when I feel like I'm cold, which always makes me think - Awesome I'm burning fat!!

then as they say - get some ice in your bath , and wear as little clothing as possible all the time, and lurk about the freezer room at the shops

6. AKMan

AKMan New Member

Do you live near the ocean or Gulf? You could start swimming there in the cooler months. Other than that, cold showers, cold baths, ice packs. Drink ice-cold water all day long, chewing the ice as you go. Take advantage of whatever cold comes your way and eat a good, clean paleo low-carb diet.

Good Luck!