1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Complete intolerance to stimulants.

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by MonteD, Apr 24, 2012.

1. MonteD

MonteD New Member

Sorry if this is off topic but this is something that has been bugging me for quite some time... :confused:

2 years ago I could drink 8 cups of coffee just fine. Redlines, Redbulls, 5 hour energy, whatever, it didn't matter. If I drank it I had great energy for a few hours and didn't notice any side effects.

Today it is a different story. One cup of coffee is going to give me a headache, mental fog, and nausea. About the most I can stand is a few cups of tea. Even supplements with high levels of B-vitamins are enough to send me in the wrong direction. Any clue on what could have changed to make me allergic or intolerant to stimulants?

If I need testing what do you feel is the most important test to get done? Any guesses without testing?

P.S. Had severe stress a year ago coupled with a crazy 2 hour a day p90x regimen. Burned me out so bad that it lowered my immune system and I got a chronic sinus infection. Doctored ordered a Medrol Dose Pack. It shut down my adrenal glands so bad that I was in bed a week after stopping only having took half the pack (no tapper). Is this related?

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

sounds like a cortisol/COMT/catecholamine issue.